1:6 Millenium Falcon Display Ramp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that looks pretty freakin spectacular! Wasn't sure if I needed something like this myself, but seeing how great it looks here I can see now that I definitely do. Fantastic work. :clap

I'd say that looks pretty freakin spectacular! Wasn't sure if I needed something like this myself, but seeing how great it looks here I can see now that I definitely do. Fantastic work. :clap
Thanks. It was a bit of work. Probably the most time I've put into a diorama. And it's not even done yet. Makes my Myers Porch project seem like Childs play [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have given everything a quick once over and is now with Pete for the weathering and stains etc.

I need to make a few improvements here and there for the final 1/6 build

Image 13.jpg

Image 14.jpg

Image 15.jpg

But overall I really pleased with the look and lighting, think i'll add just a little more detail to the circular section at the top then we're good to go.

Jas

Looks good. I'm definitely interested so add me to the list. Can't wait to see what Pete does with it!

I have given everything a quick once over and is now with Pete for the weathering and stains etc.

I need to make a few improvements here and there for the final 1/6 build

View attachment 476923

View attachment 476924

View attachment 476925

But overall I really pleased with the look and lighting, think i'll add just a little more detail to the circular section at the top then we're good to go.

Jas

I'm keen for the 1/6 version of this but think I need to know the final size before I can commit. As much as I appreciate these impressive pieces being scaled true to the actual props, the reality is once they get too big for my cabinets (Besta/Stuva) I am very limited in where I can place them and most of those free spaces are taken up. This is one I can see myself trying to make work no matter what though (I'd be very surprised if it wasn't too deep for my cabinets). It's the perfect display for ANH Han and Chewie and is totally iconic.

Can you put me down on the 1/6 interest list please?

Yeah, a 1/6 version of this I would likely be interested in if it's not too priecy.

I'm curious to see what the price will be myself. I built mine for under $100.

That's an awesome deal and it came out superb, but time is what makes these types of mass custom projects unworkable if they are built by hand. I often find what you don't spend in $$ on a custom you spend in time (which as many will say, IS money.:lol) which can be a massive "bill" by the end of a significant custom project.

That's an awesome deal and it came out superb, but time is what makes these types of mass custom projects unworkable if they are built by hand. I often find what you don't spend in $$ on a custom you spend in time (which as many will say, IS money.[emoji38]) which can be a massive "bill" by the end of a significant custom project.
Thanks. Yes this did take some time to put together. On and off in my spare time about a week. Oh and a few sleepless nights [emoji1787]

Yowza. This is tremendous.

Cheers buddy (responded to your PM about Jabba)

It was a great 3d model from Rusty J to start with and has turned out better than I imagined.
The 1/6 is currently on the bench (along with a couple of other customer builds)

I am changing a few little details on the final production pieces :wink1:

I made a Falcon ramp back in 2015 and took me 3 weeks off and on but damn these 3D printers are amazing what they can do.

It was made from left over material in my parts bin which was foam core, plasti card, cardboard. I used parts from Lego, 1/72nd, 1/35 and old SW toys to make the details on top and on the front.

I used battery operated fake candle lights for underneath the Falcon and for the docking bay light, the fuel lines were made using old cables, irrigation tubing and old extension cord and plastic. The whole diorama was painted and weathered using Tamiya Spray cans, Vallejo and Game Workshop paints and pastel chalks.

Ron

Attachments

• falcon fin 001.JPG
    falcon fin 001.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 150
  • falcon fin 002.JPG
    falcon fin 002.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 151
  • falcon fin 003.JPG
    falcon fin 003.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 151
  • falcon fin 004.JPG
    falcon fin 004.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 151
  • falcon fin 005.JPG
    falcon fin 005.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 149
  • falcon fin 006.JPG
    falcon fin 006.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 150
  • falcon fin 007.JPG
    falcon fin 007.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 151
  • falcon fin 008.JPG
    falcon fin 008.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 152
  • falcon fin 009.JPG
    falcon fin 009.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 152
I made a Falcon ramp back in 2015 and took me 3 weeks off and on but damn these 3D printers are amazing what they can do.

It was made from left over material in my parts bin which was foam core, plasti card, cardboard. I used parts from Lego, 1/72nd, 1/35 and old SW toys to make the details on top and on the front.

I used battery operated fake candle lights for underneath the Falcon and for the docking bay light, the fuel lines were made using old cables, irrigation tubing and old extension cord and plastic. The whole diorama was painted and weathered using Tamiya Spray cans, Vallejo and Game Workshop paints and pastel chalks.

Ron

Very nice as always.
That thing would be a beast in 1/6 :horror

I'm still an old school modeller at heart so try and avoid 3d printing where I can, and lets be honest it doesn't really take much skill in setting up a printer.

Even though RustyJ created the amazing 3d model I hand made 90% of this one with PVC board and Styrene sheets and stock. The ramp sides and only the small details were printed in resin.

This build is still definitely still on, (1/12 & 1/6) I just need to clear the bench as i'm pretty stacked out with work as always :impatient:

Jas

Whilst the Gonk Droids are drying I decided to get my paints & washes out and give the Ramp a quick once over:

Ramp_01.jpg

Ramp_02.jpg

Ramp_03.jpg

Ramp_04.jpg

Yeah I'm really happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back