1:6 treadwell kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyj

Super Freak
Reaction score
I’m thinking about doing a treadwell kit next. Wanted to gauge interest and see if anyone has some good reference. See my 21-b kit for recent projects/quality .
Thanks

Hey J,
Here’s some I found from a quick search. Can delve deeper another time.
180B7B28-24CE-4600-BF93-CE0B018406B4.jpeg

BABAB74A-A999-413D-944B-C34350BB6173.jpeg

This looks like a clean render from a 1:18 Kit (designer?). Looks like all the main details are there except the cables and also the antenna is outta scale.
I believe the following image could be the finished kit.
4EB790AE-2713-487A-89AD-DFED248A2D34.jpeg

6A7C7528-C6AC-447A-BB44-90507AC59B63.jpeg

Not sure on height yet but I think he might be 8-9” tall.
I would definitely be interested in one of these.

I have a lot of 1/6 droids underway and this one's a bit less exciting design-wise and color-wise (and a bit less iconic) than the "spider arms" treadwell from the sale of the droids scene but I would probably be interested in one of these if it's pretty screen accurate.

A version of it has a fun reappearance with Han in the Hoth base.

The spider arms version would be a bit ambitious due to pretty thin/fragile arms but with the more durable resin print materials available now it would probably be okay. Also some lengths of thin metal rod could be slotted into sockets in each printed arm for the exposed-metal arm supports.

Yeah I think one thing rustyj needs to keep in mind is that the new iteration of this forum exiled the SW Customs section so it's harder to track and find. It used to be on the main list but isn't anymore so even with new postings it takes people longer to see stuff and only the diehards check frequently.

Id be interested in a kit. Any ideas of a price yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back