1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which sculpt is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jnix sculpt painted. Only the hat broke when my figure fell from my shelf, so I replaced it with the hot toys hat for now. I have a spare sculpt and inigou smiling version but I'm waiting for the painter to be done, and send it back.

Looks good. Can you get the head down any further on the neck post? It’s sitting a bit too high at the moment...
That's as far as it will go. I did cut the neck connection a bit and put blutak on it to hold the sculpt. I will replace it with the smiling sculpt when I get it in. Atm this will do. And it's not that bad in hand. The hot toys pants came in use, I dyed them in order to get it accurate. Though it's more last crusade to my eyes.

That's as far as it will go. I did cut the neck connection a bit and put blutak on it to hold the sculpt. I will replace it with the smiling sculpt when I get it in. Atm this will do. And it's not that bad in hand. The hot toys pants came in use, I dyed them in order to get it accurate. Though it's more last crusade to my eyes.

What color did you use to dye the pant...it's great...you have a link about the product? Thks

What color did you use to dye the pant...it's great...you have a link about the product? Thks
I used rit synthetic dye. The color was chocolate brown. You mix the dye with warm water and you dip it in. The pants have to be wet when you do, and depending on how long you have it in there it will get darker. A quick dip should be good. Use a paper towel to see what the color will look like.

I used rit synthetic dye. The color was chocolate brown. You mix the dye with warm water and you dip it in. The pants have to be wet when you do, and depending on how long you have it in there it will get darker. A quick dip should be good. Use a paper towel to see what the color will look like.

Thanks for advices, i'll try it

Sneak peak into my "Cairo series" of customs... This will be the second figure.. ( I posted images of my Cairo Indy some time back.. although I need to take good quality images of that project).. anyhow... this one has been on my wish list of projects for some time... Again I am combining my interest in woodworking with my figure building hobby. The base was made from a dried out log in my firewood pile... ran it through a bandsaw to plank it.. then across a jointer to flatten just one side that I could then miter the small planks into a box that I inlaid the tile. The figure itself is in its infancy really.. all the clothing is pretty much custom / altered.

IMG_8245.jpg

Sneak peak into my "Cairo series" of customs... This will be the second figure.. ( I posted images of my Cairo Indy some time back.. although I need to take good quality images of that project).. anyhow... this one has been on my wish list of projects for some time... Again I am combining my interest in woodworking with my figure building hobby. The base was made from a dried out log in my firewood pile... ran it through a bandsaw to plank it.. then across a jointer to flatten just one side that I could then miter the small planks into a box that I inlaid the tile. The figure itself is in its infancy really.. all the clothing is pretty much custom / altered.

View attachment 402261

Soo goood, can’t wait to see the full reveal Mike!!

INDIANA JONES
HATTED HEAD: JNIX (face) + Inigo (hat)
UNHATTED HEAD: JNIX
SMILING HEAD: Inigo
LAST CRUSAIDE HEAD: MJ Choi
PAINT: Jnix tweaked by me (hatted + unheated heads), me (smiling head) , MJ Choi (TLC head)
CLOTHING: Kato (weathering by me)
HOLSTER: MFisher
WHIP: MFisher
SATCHEL: MFisher
BELT: Unknown
GLOVES AND TIE: DID
SHOES: Hot Toys weathered and modified by me
BODY: Hot Toys Han Solo/ TT Advanced combined and heavily modified
MP40: Unknown
IDOL: Hot Toys

Daaaaaaaaaang........ That looks incredible.... only thing I'd change is that V1 whip I built ten years ago for one of the newer ones with the sculpted turk's head knot as opposed to the method I used back then.. (not my best work)... but man that smiling head and the unheated head look incredible.. plus those Kato jackets are GORGEOUS !

Daaaaaaaaaang........ That looks incredible.... only thing I'd change is that V1 whip I built ten years ago for one of the newer ones with the sculpted turk's head knot as opposed to the method I used back then.. (not my best work)... but man that smiling head and the unheated head look incredible.. plus those Kato jackets are GORGEOUS !

Thanks for ruining it all now Mike. Just all of it :( haha Just kidding man, thanks for the props. Still love this whip but if you ever offer the new ones again let me know it would be most ideal to get this guy at the very best of the "holy grail" status. :)

Faststreets.... gotta get you a leather sling for the MP40.. (dig up one of the Did or later DML/Dragon brand brand MP40 subguns - they came with nicely detailed leatherlike slings with an accurate buckle/hardware. Good stuff !

Got to say that's an outstanding Indiana Jones right there! You really made that smiling sculpt shine -- that shot above is good enough to be a movie still or poster artwork. And all the clothing bits are spot on. And last but not least, that jacket is absolutely beautiful too.

You know Kato says he's making another Raiders jacket, right? The upgrading never ends...

Back