1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still looking for a good fedora for my Jnix sculpt. (purchased it second-hand unfortunately sans the hat).

But as davejames mentioned, it may be a difficult mold to recreate in a fabric material. Perhaps it can be done and then sprayed with a flat varnish to help keep it's shape?

I'm still looking for a good fedora for my Jnix sculpt. (purchased it second-hand unfortunately sans the hat).

But as davejames mentioned, it may be a difficult mold to recreate in a fabric material. Perhaps it can be done and then sprayed with a flat varnish to help keep it's shape?

Surprised Jnix wasn't able to help you out with his new run. Have you ever tried the HT Hat? I don't recall ever seeing if that was an option with that sculpt.

Surprised Jnix wasn't able to help you out with his new run. Have you ever tried the HT Hat? I don't recall ever seeing if that was an option with that sculpt.

Yeah I was able to use the HT hat on the Jnix, and it actually looked very similar to his sculpted hat.

I wrote to Jnix a couple of times and never received a reply. (email and via Facebook). I may just end up using it for my Tanis Map Room Indy but it would seem a little bit of a waste to cover it up.

I don't have a DX hat, unfortunately. I have a DX head sculpt and the Eleven sculpt with hat, which I'm currently using for my Golden Idol display Indy.

Good calls, guys!

So that's a sizeable list -- let's put it in ORDER:

Kenner
Toys McCoy
Relic Hunter
Sovereign Studios
Medicom
Hasbro
Sideshow
Hot Toys
Geewhiz
Kato
Yunsil
Iris

Thanks guys,
I meant if there was a link I could preorder a jacket as my hot toys one has started desegregating
I can do the belts and pockets from real leather , but I'm not up to the level to create the jacket

How can i contact iris

Thanks guys,
I meant if there was a link I could preorder a jacket as my hot toys one has started desegregating
I can do the belts and pockets from real leather , but I'm not up to the level to create the jacket

How can i contact iris

There is none that are just available to order. Youd have to keep an eye on Ebay or from a collector selling theres or Youd have to jump on a custom run when they are offered.

If you are looking for real leather, then I think Geewhiz and Kato are the only ones offering real leather.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thrilled to hear thay Indy 5 is due to start filming in the next couple of months.

I'll pay to see it a few times (then buy the steelbook) if it's just Harrison in the outfit rocking on the porch for two hours.

2021 here I come.

Good calls, guys!

So that's a sizeable list -- let's put it in ORDER:

Kenner
Toys McCoy
Relic Hunter
Sovereign Studios
Medicom
Hasbro
Sideshow
Hot Toys
Geewhiz
Kato
Yunsil
Iris

These lists point up the reality that, despite multiple "near miss" commercially released 1/6 figs - sadly Indy is one of the most expensive and difficult custom figures to get looking great - between custom headsculpts, the top-tier paint, $$$ custom jacket, $$ shirt and pants (the pants are much tougher o get right than most realize) custom boots, custom belt/holster (very tough to get right - buckle scale, look of holster etc) getting the fedora to look just right with most being too big/small or wrongly shaped etc. (not to mention the trickle of "new/improved" versions in each of these categories you feel the need to grab.)

You are really, really lucky if you can get a truly superb looking Indy for under $500.

Imagine the dream of a smaller 1/6 company nailing every aspect and offering the figure for $250-300.:lol

Back