1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I know what you mean. But imagine if a good company like Eleven with a track record of quality work producing these at $40-$80 a piece. I can see it. But then you see people asking $500 plus for just a painted Nathan head. Yikes...

Eleven has criminal pricing for most of their good heads. I think the KOs are cheap.

DiD did a wonderful Roger Moore sculpt, so its more likely we'd have a reasonable head if they did a 40th Anniversary Indiana Jones. But you know, Disney... very litigious. So right now its only Hot Toys/Sideshow for 1/6th (assuming they still have the license).

I could see another uneven release from Sideshow perhaps in 2021.

Well there was a time when Eleven was releasing their decent Logan sculpts for $35 a piece. They even made the X24 figure for only like $80 and it was a great figure all around. Seems like Indy is getting lost in the shuffle nowadays though.

The WGP does have the large band and the better pinch in the hat... and the asymmetrical brim shape. I don't care for the thickness of the ribbon.

I use a hairblower to "fix" the Inigo brim into a more used shape. But yeah, the overall Inigo hat shape looks like its fresh from the Haberdashery.

I was thinking, if Sean still had the digital files for Indy, it could be possible to get a much better quality print of the hat done so it could fit any head. That would be SO good!

I'm thinking about their $350 Craig sculpt I guess. Wait -- was it $350 or $450...?

Are you sure that wasn't Modern Life!? Kit wouldn't sell $350 heads. I'm still surprised that no company has done a full unlicensed Indy under say Adventurous Archaeologist or something like that. Lim Toys could pull one off if they so desired.

Are you sure that wasn't Modern Life!? Kit wouldn't sell $350 heads. I'm still surprised that no company has done a full unlicensed Indy under say Adventurous Archaeologist or something like that. Lim Toys could pull one off if they so desired.

Oh you're right -- Modern Life was that Craig. Sorry, but I could have sworn Eleven also had a very expensive head at one point. And are Modern Life and Eleven somehow connected?

I am also interested to know more about eleven.

I have recently seen pictures of 2 sculpts and one costume for a 1/6 Dexter Morgan figure I would be interested in...

All I know is that you usually can get eleven sculpts on onesixthkit, at a reasonable price, if you preorder them.
I got 2 wolverine headsculpts this way and they are incredible headsculpts, fair enough paintapps!

Oh you're right -- Modern Life was that Craig. Sorry, but I could have sworn Eleven also had a very expensive head at one point. And are Modern Life and Eleven somehow connected?

On both counts I don't think so. I always thought that Eleven worked exclusively for Kit.

I am also interested to know more about eleven.

I have recently seen pictures of 2 sculpts and one costume for a 1/6 Dexter Morgan figure I would be interested in...

All I know is that you usually can get eleven sculpts on onesixthkit, at a reasonable price, if you preorder them.
I got 2 wolverine headsculpts this way and they are incredible headsculpts, fair enough paintapps!

Eleven hasn't done an Indy, but a sculptor working for Kit did the Treasure Hunter head, this was also modded into a nice Han head too.

Eleven hasn't done an Indy, but a sculptor working for Kit did the Treasure Hunter head, this was also modded into a nice Han head too.

No, they recast the MJ Choi head into the Treasure Hunter.

As for Eleven, originally they were custom, and high-priced, but then Kit got them into mass-producing stuff.

Looking back, I probably would have picked up a few of those Treasure hunter sculpts for the original asking price. They're not amazing or anything, and there is a lot of detail lost from the original MJ, but they have some potential for customs.

I picked up two over the years. They're not bad for the price. Comparing them right next to an authentic MJ is interesting though. I will say, seeing that comparison chart posted above, and having owned several Indy sculpts over the years, there is a desire to collect them all just to show the progression.

No, they recast the MJ Choi head into the Treasure Hunter.

As for Eleven, originally they were custom, and high-priced, but then Kit got them into mass-producing stuff.

Oh, right, didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying. Whoever did the cast for the Treasure Hunter then modded it to make Han, that much we do know. I wanted them to do likewise to make a Deckard head, but that never happened.

there is a desire to collect them all just to show the progression.

Hopefully TonTon's chart will solve your desire... and save you lots of money.

2016 was a big year for Indy sculpts... Inigo and Sideshow hit their stride with a Ford sculpt, and with the Choi, whatever modification was done really improved it from more caricature to genuine likeness.

Imagine where that chart might be by 2024...

All this time though and no "real" hat.

Oh the chances of picking up all of the ones I don't have at this point is slim to none. Also, each of those sculpts (except HT and Treasure Hunter) are painted by one of the best in the business. As a result they look their best. Its too bad Nathan always seemed unreachable unless you were in his inner circle. Any who.

Back