1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn?t a professor clothing run by Toribox being done over at OSC?

At one point an interest list started but it quickly died for lack of interest. I think if people are going to spend $500+ for an Indy figure, they want a traditional Indy of sorts.

But I've come around to the idea of a Prof Jones - with rolled maps and bag and all. But of course, I don't want to spend $500+ to make one either. If I ever do it, it will be like others have done here, as a bash.

The "outfit run" craze has gotten way out of hand in my mind. The prices and the years of waiting just aren't worth it to me. It has to be a really special character at this point. And don't get me started on the "no refund deposits" for runs that never end up happening... However I don't really feel like going into all the "problems" in the customs world with all the other **** happening right now.

I agree with you about the NRD ... I can't believe someone would keep the money for a run that never got started.

The time frame is about as bad as HT's delivery window so it doesn't bother me. I've come to accept that from the moment something becomes available to order, you are about 1.5 to 2.5 years away from having it in hand, whether its HT or a custom Yunsil suit.

Prices always seem to disappoint. You and I both remember people griping about the $50 Sideshow Star Wars figures going up to $65... then $75, then $85... and on and on. Many have fallen by the wayside -- memba' tomandshell -- and yet so many are still here.

The "outfit run" craze has gotten way out of hand in my mind. The prices and the years of waiting just aren't worth it to me. It has to be a really special character at this point. And don't get me started on the "no refund deposits" for runs that never end up happening... However I don't really feel like going into all the "problems" in the customs world with all the other **** happening right now.
+1

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree with you about the NRD ... I can't believe someone would keep the money for a run that never got started.

The time frame is about as bad as HT's delivery window so it doesn't bother me. I've come to accept that from the moment something becomes available to order, you are about 1.5 to 2.5 years away from having it in hand, whether its HT or a custom Yunsil suit.

Prices always seem to disappoint. You and I both remember people griping about the $50 Sideshow Star Wars figures going up to $65... then $75, then $85... and on and on. Many have fallen by the wayside -- memba' tomandshell -- and yet so many are still here.
Yeah the wait times...really burned out on the wait times. I've pretty much stopped altogether. Once its "in stock" I'll order. I'll just assume forget about it till then.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah if there were parts or a third party outfit set available, I would definitely put together a Professor Jones... but it's just not something I need bad enough to pay $500+ for a custom.

I still think DID would do a great job with a Indiana Jones and a Professor Jones. Their tailoring is always great, and typically the outfits are always lightly weathered. They're not afraid to do 'guys in suits', they've done Michael from Godfather 1 & 2 as well as Young Vito, Dillinger, a few Bonds. The whole Indiana Jones franchise is right up their alley considering the time period it's set in.

It'd be a great source to get a well-crafted, weathered Indy outfit set for less than $200.

It's just one of those things were, to me, it makes so much sense, I can't wrap my brain around why they don't do it.

They would need to get the licence. Unless you are talking about a set of unlicensed figures?

The majority of DID stuff isn't licensed, they sail as close to the wind as they dare get and leave it obvious who the figures are. They got creative with their LALD Bond as they got permission to use Roger Moore's likeness and did as they pleased with the rest. It was released as Roger Moore and not Bond.

I'm sure they could do Henry the Adventurous Archaeologist if they so wished, though you'd think they would have by now.

Ugh, so frustrating, my v3 has been sitting in UK customs for three weeks now.

So, my head finally showed up. A day after my PayPal protection expired.

This thing was sitting at the airport for 7 weeks, with no movement. I ended up reaching out to Jeff Vargas and Inigo and had to get a bit snippy with them, as they wanted me to keep waiting, which I thought was pretty unfair, seeing as how literally everyone else received theirs weeks ago. I checked every tracking number they posted, and they all were received, meanwhile, mine was still at the Heathrow airport.

After a week or so of back and forth with them, this package picked up a scan that it had left the airport, then nothing for two weeks, and now we're finally at the deadline of my PayPal protection and Inigo agreed to send me a new sculpt, I elected not to open a claim, even though I still didn't receive anything and giving them weeks to resolve the issue. And then, out of the blue, on Sunday, it's scanned at my local Post Office.

Not sure if there's any lessons learned here. I don't think people should be expected to wait indefinitely. PayPal gives you six months which seems like an extraordinarily long time, evidently it wasn't long enough.

Obviously, hindsight being what it is, I could've just kept my mouth shut, but at the time, it was clear this thing was lost.

I don't participate in custom runs very often, but the times I have, most have been not great experiences. Ironically, those times were Indy-related, the WGP head, Inigo's v2 Indy and the Yunsil clothes run. I've bought a couple things from robbiethepainter and DoggieDoc, which were good quality and good service, and shout out to mfisher for the whip and rig, that was a good Indy experience. Also, I can't remember who it was, but someone on the forum here was making scaled bibles from Raiders, and I picked one up, and it's amazing.

In any case, at least the v3 head is a better product than the v2. Much better size and the casting was cleaned up properly.

Now, to just get this damn head painted ...

I don't think it's Inigo's fault that the U.S. government shut down most air travel to Europe, but yeah, I'm not sure at what point a replacement would have been warranted had it never moved, as you said, can you be expected to wait forever?

I'm in a similar situation from the other end where I shipped something first class international and it's now been sitting in the destination country for a month and a half but not delivered. As it's an item of low cost I plan to ship again but via a more secure method. Need to look into that.

Ton Ton is right,

Air travel has been seriously disrupted since Covid 19 took hold and there is nothing that Inigo could have done about that. Any replacement could have been equally held up meaning that you would have had to have waited even longer. Until the virus does one we have to weigh up whether something is going to be worth the wait.

I have a figure on PO, the release is already held up thanks to Covid and then it'll come via SpeedPak when it does come out, so that one really is in the lap of the gods. It's going to be worth the wait and I'll fill my time while I am waiting.

Back