1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this close | | to buying a DX05 yesterday before I asked opinions on FB and stumbled across this thread. Some of these customs are incredible! Does any one have recommendations re: where to start, who does clothing etc?

Was this close | | to buying a DX05 yesterday before I asked opinions on FB and stumbled across this thread. Some of these customs are incredible! Does any one have recommendations re: where to start, who does clothing etc?

Whether it's a custom or a licensed one, figure out which head sculpt you dig most (and how much you're comfortable spending), and build your Indy around that.

Picking up the HT figure or TOD Indy is a decent starting point though, at least gets you pants, shirt, boots, etc. I feel like most HT gun belts (and bag straps) have fallen apart by now. The SS belt is good but the strap isn't.

E2A0C090-BBC9-4608-915D-F0B869698EB7.jpegDE64940D-E4AD-4439-B6D6-D63B63B7924A.jpeg
No longer unpainted. Think I could’ve done better but it’s done!

Dude it?s seriously good for an early paint job! Looks great!
Thank you. I’m posting my progress as a painter on the other forum in the custom section ( not custom commissions) y’all should check it out. It’s been a lot of fun so far.
Wow, amazing job Rogster! You've got skills! Your Indy looks great!
Thanks a lot. It’s awesome to hear these things. Very reassuring. Haha

Forgot to finish the name. Just message Brandon Moore (Raveneye) on FB. And that your interested in his hat. He only made two of them though and each took 5 months to make.

Raven makes some good stuff, but yes, it does take a long time to get the final product. He made me a great Westworld Man in Black hat and holster set.

I would be cautious about dealing with that guy. I was helping him to get some parts 3D printed, and once it came time for him to pay me for the parts, he never did and just stopped communicating.

Also, I was working on a custom figure run with a sculptor who had commissioned Brandon to create leather goods, a holster, gunbelt, satchel, etc. We were very close to completion, clothing sets were done, heads and hats were cast, we just needed the leather goods. The way it was told to me, the sculptor paid Brandon for a metal tool to stamp out the leather parts, but Brandon broke the tool and could not complete his end. He didn't have the money to replace the tool and obviously the sculptor wasn't going to pay him again, so the run just stopped. Pretty frustrating for me personally, as it was a passion project of mine.

Last edited:
You seem to have to have good business skills as well as crafting ones. The hat looks pretty good, but the brim looks a little off to me, very hard to judge without seeing it on a head. To really know what you're doing, I think you have to be into the subjects you're creating stuff for and at least own a figure.

You seem to have to have good business skills as well as crafting ones. The hat looks pretty good, but the brim looks a little off to me, very hard to judge without seeing it on a head. To really know what you're doing, I think you have to be into the subjects you're creating stuff for and at least own a figure.
Raveneye used an Inigo sculpt for the hat. The two people this going to choose that. Just because the hat looks off alone it might look better on a sculpt and body. We'll have to wait and see.

Back