1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think TonTon said in the other forum that the shirt was a little tight on the Solo body and doesn't close up all the way. The chest on that body always seemed too big anyway, so I won't be overly bothered if it doesn't work.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how well the Iris set shirt will fit on the Solo or the Banner bodies. It is definitely tailored to be slim, especially in the sleeves and across the chest. I ended up swapping out the arms on the body I used with standard narrow shoulder ones.

Not sure how well the Iris set shirt will fit on the Solo or the Banner bodies. It is definitely tailored to be slim, especially in the sleeves and across the chest. I ended up swapping out the arms on the body I used with standard narrow shoulder ones.

Thanks for the info

Also, for those who have the set, I would recommend adjusting the rear adjustment straps on the jacket. Right out of the box, the jacket needed some futzing to look right. The tightening of the straps definitely worked for me.

Took some shots of the outfit on the banner Body, definitely seemed like a better fit than the Solo body but the arms are indeed a bit tight. I'll post later.

Here's a few pics of my Iris outfit on a VTS Axeman body I picked up awhile ago. I tried the shirt on the Solo body but he was busting out of it too much, and the TOD body was a bit too big as well, so I'm thinking I might have gotten a slightly slimmer shirt than TonTon and others.

The pants are a bit too stiff and not as loose as I was hoping for, but after a quick water treatment I was able to get them to hang a bit better. Overall I've very happy with the set and especially the jacket, and it's clearly a massive upgrade over what I had before. Now I just need to paint up those Creg boots and weather the figure up a little bit.

20200205_204523 (2).jpg

20200205_204150 (2).jpg

20200205_205518 (2).jpg

20200205_205416 (2).jpg

Looks great, davejames! :clap

I think the jacket looks cool zipped up to, like in Nepal.

Does this set need some stretching? Other than the pants, the shirt and jacket seem a bit tailored, too fitted perhaps. Needs to get a little worn in as they say. Perhaps putting the shirt on the Solo body and spritzing it wet and leaving it dry overnight might stretch it out a bit. Same with the jacket.

Looks great, davejames! :clap

I think the jacket looks cool zipped up to, like in Nepal.

Does this set need some stretching? Other than the pants, the shirt and jacket seem a bit tailored, too fitted perhaps. Needs to get a little worn in as they say. Perhaps putting the shirt on the Solo body and spritzing it wet and leaving it dry overnight might stretch it out a bit. Same with the jacket.

I don't see the shirt material stretching much, except at the stitches which you wouldn't want. And it's sort of a soft pleather on the jacket so I wouldn't want to risk stretching that at all. And don't think it needs it anyway. Although it could definitely be wrinkled up a bit more.

Could someone please put up a photo of how the jacket looks from the back on a figure, I really do like the zippered up look

I don't see the shirt material stretching much, except at the stitches which you wouldn't want. And it's sort of a soft pleather on the jacket so I wouldn't want to risk stretching that at all. And don't think it needs it anyway. Although it could definitely be wrinkled up a bit more.

The jacket is pleather, not leather?

Here's a few pics of my Iris outfit on a VTS Axeman body I picked up awhile ago. I tried the shirt on the Solo body but he was busting out of it too much, and the TOD body was a bit too big as well, so I'm thinking I might have gotten a slightly slimmer shirt than TonTon and others.

The pants are a bit too stiff and not as loose as I was hoping for, but after a quick water treatment I was able to get them to hang a bit better. Overall I've very happy with the set and especially the jacket, and it's clearly a massive upgrade over what I had before. Now I just need to paint up those Creg boots and weather the figure up a little bit.

View attachment 477949

View attachment 477950

View attachment 477951

View attachment 477952

Looks great, davejames! :clap Take any pics before you had the jacket on?

I'm planning on putting a shot glass over the neck and leaving it there overnight too put some weight on the collar to tame it a bit. Haven't had the chance yet though.

In regards to the jacket material in-hand: this is as good as it gets in terms of texture, drape, scale and it not being actual leather. I have no complaints whatsoever that leather was not used.

Correct. I voted for real leather, but I was out-voted as other people felt that real leather is too thick at this scale.

That's a bummer. Most pleather seems degrade over time. DID, HT, even Hasbro's pleather - which actually seemed to last pretty well surprisingly (I mean my HT Indy bag straps degraded in about 3 years vs Hasbro SW dolls that took more like 10+ years for pleather to go) - all seemed to go crumbly or sticky eventually.

And you can find skiver that is thin/supple enough. I have some that would be perfect but no way would I have the cut/sew skills like this gorgeous jacket.

Looks great, davejames! :clap Take any pics before you had the jacket on?

I'm planning on putting a shot glass over the neck and leaving it there overnight too put some weight on the collar to tame it a bit. Haven't had the chance yet though.

No but I'll try to take some new pics tonight. And yeah it's really hard to get that collar to stay down. I tried double-sided tape but it just doesn't want to stick to the pleather at all.

That's a bummer. Most pleather seems degrade over time. DID, HT, even Hasbro's pleather - which actually seemed to last pretty well surprisingly (I mean my HT Indy bag straps degraded in about 3 years vs Hasbro SW dolls that took more like 10+ years for pleather to go) - all seemed to go crumbly or sticky eventually.

And you can find skiver that is thin/supple enough. I have some that would be perfect but no way would I have the cut/sew skills like this gorgeous jacket.

Yeah I'm sure it's only a matter of time, although this does feel like a softer and more high quality pleather than the kind used on the HT jacket, or on any other figures I own. And thankfully I live in a climate where I haven't had much of an issue with that (with the exception of my old Medicom Rocketeer which I've had forever).

Back