1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice craftsmanship.

I have to say, outside of Sovereign's jacket, I haven't seen an Indy jacket that doesn't seem too much like a typical leather jacket and not more like Indy's. Somehow Indy's doesn't seem like it's leather, and the Sideshow one is probably the 2nd best out there in terms of the visual and textural qualities.

It's still tough for me to get past. For me it's the weakest part of the figure, loose joints and giant head included.

I changed mine out immediately.

I can see the reasons why folks change it out, I just prefer that fact it's got that wind breaker kinda look to it like Indy's coat over whatever benefits other coats have.

The jacket is fantastic it looks awesome on the figure as is. Looks worn and ready to me. The head isn't even close to large. Maybe if you're expected a head the size of a thumbtack.

DSCN0991.jpg

NICE paintwork, Seb! Has a Humpfrey Bogart quality, which Ford had at the time.

That soldier story body has a great neck+chest area, looks like a mini-PF!

Poor Hasbro Indy isn't getting much love since SST released their Indy figures.
The reasons are many, except for the price and a chance to get the Hasbro ark. I took mine and set him up as TOD Indy. mostly Hasbro with some Relic hunter pieces, especially the cool sword.

I've started work on giving my Indy a sculpted solid neck (I just prefer how it looks and don't mind losing the articulation) but it might take some time as I can only work on it for small amounts at a time..... In the meantime though I spent 15 minutes to start working on the clothing.

I'm not going for 100% screen accurate, just what looks right to me. (although I am working from movie images)

First I removed the upper pop-fastener, and replicated the cut, just above the lower snap. I then folded the fabric over and glued in place. This gives me the option of having his shirt look more closed like the start of the film (the bag strap will hold it in place) or more open like later in the film.

T2044Medium.jpg

Then I cut a thin strip of fabric from what was spare on the inside of one of the folds...

T2048Medium.jpg

...and glued this over the original cut (which was cut too far... and was threatening to rip into the main body of the shirt). This gives the impression now of a fully intact shirt, unbuttoned fairly low down.

T2045Medium.jpg

Then I took a paper cup full of water, mixed in some black acrylic paint until i thought it was about right... then soaked the shirt in it for a while.... then i took the shirt out, and used a hairdryer on it to dry. This gives the shirt a slightly more accurate 'grey/beige' look, as opposed to the too-bright cream colour that it had.

T2049Medium.jpg

On the jacket I cut away the thread that was holding the collars down (they almost never look like that), and I put some elastic bands around the jacket, and pulled/folded it into place... to hopefully give some folds and wrinkles for when its back on the figure. (I'd also crumpled and scrunched the jacket for a while to make it look more like old leather.

T2046Medium.jpg

T2047Medium.jpg

When it all goes back together I will remove the bands and hopefully some of thte shape will stay a little, and then I'll do some weathering with paint/dust etc :)

This is a fun figure to work on

Slim I had not seen this thread.

I post here then, sorry for the double in custom discusion.

Darren your shirt is great like that I will do the same on mine, and I'll add more length.

The head is finish but not the jacket, i have to do the weathering.

Great work from everyone so far! I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't made as much progress as you guys.

But I'll go ahead and show everyone; I'm giving my (regular edition) Indy more a Last Crusade style outfit. While Ben has altered his, keeping to Raiders. And as is custom with The Fusion Brothers' work, I will add lines from the movie to give better ambiance to the figure. For your consideration: Henry Jones, Jr. from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

"Because it's wired."
JMKsSideshowIndy42.jpg

"What book?"
JMKsSideshowIndy45.jpg

"But she's one of them. She's a Nazi."
JMKsSideshowIndy48.jpg

"No! Don't shoot!"
JMKsSideshowIndy46.jpg

All empty chambers...
JMKsSideshowIndy49.jpg

Firing at Col. Vogel
JMKsSideshowIndy50.jpg

And now a close-up
JMKsSideshowIndy41.jpg

The most work I've done has been to the hat. I added self hardening modeling clay called Apoxie to the pinch of both hats. I painted it a few times after getting the correct color. Dusted it with Fuller's Earth (a material used in distressing the real hats).

The rest of the work was in switching the shirt with a Relic Hunter and painting the buttons a darker khaki/light tan. I gave him the Webley Mk VI (instead of the S&W Hand Ejector), and Ben's custom holster to go with it. Ben cut the stitches holding down holding down the collar of the jacket. Afterwards I painted it. I still need to coat it in Fuller's Earth like Ben's jacket. And he's wearing a DID Winstone web belt, which is more accurate to LC. Still a few things I would like to do.

EDIT: In the first pictures, he's wearing a Sideshow Scaramanga neck tie. The poseable hands are Hot Toys (?) that we got from eBay.

gonna replace him with arnie kim sculpt when I recieve it but here goes.

heres my custom belt and I also stuffed him in the midsection and thighs.. and buttox.. no really it makes it look all the much better when indy actually fills his pants. lol

Picture014-4.jpg

Picture018-3.jpg

Picture016-4.jpg

Picture012-7.jpg

Got my Map Room robe today. Already have some parts from TA. Just need the body and pants then when my hatless head gets back from Josh I'll have a Map Room Indy.

making the belt was a really cool process.. I just found a long strain of leather and decided to make a better and sturdier belt.. so I cut it the same lenth of the SST one and too one of my small little key chain connecter thingies and reshaped it.. now I'm looking for some more leather to make a better holster.

Got my Map Room robe today. Already have some parts from TA. Just need the body and pants then when my hatless head gets back from Josh I'll have a Map Room Indy.

How does it look? and is it from the link I posted(his name is Nick-I think). From the pics on his site it looks great but I spread myself to thin this month so I'm waiting.

Back