1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also with customs people come up with all kinds of creative ideas to make their figures better.

I finished my Grail tablet. Here it is next to the Sideshow version. I will need to work on getting the text more visible but for a first ever attempt I think it looks pretty good.

I have also repainted my Raiders Indy head again, darkening the skin tone, and put the Hasbro jacket on him. I attached a silver zip and the back buckles and also glued down the collar. Not as good as the high quality clothing but I am happy with it. Of my 15+ custom Indy figures this is in the top five for me!

It doesn’t matter how much it costs. What matters is that your efforts are produced a very excellent Indy, and the jacket looks good too, because you actually have the shoulder seam in the correct spot, and it is hanging at the proper length. Some people on here previously, who are much smarter than me, have put up suggestions previously regarding weathering the jacket, that’s about the only thing I think you need to do, it’s really awesome, great work [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t matter how much it costs. What matters is that your efforts are produced a very excellent Indy, and the jacket looks good too, because you actually have the shoulder seam in the correct spot, and it is hanging at the proper length. Some people on here previously, who are much smarter than me, have put up suggestions previously regarding weathering the jacket, that’s about the only thing I think you need to do, it’s really awesome, great work [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words, Faststreets.

I think I will attempt to weather it at some point. I just worry I may bugger it up by doing so. Ha ha.

So if anyone is on the iris run i started I'm posting this. Iris sent me images of different samples of real leather to see what would be best and close in terms of color to the raiders jacket. 20190306_102900.jpg

In case anyone is interested, I have a few Indy bits that I'm moving on. PM me for details.

Mike Fisher wired poseable whip
HT DX05 Fedora x 2
HT DX05 Arab gear & Staff of Ra
HT Satchel with real leather replacement strap
HT DX05 Whip
HT DX05 Sandbag & Journal

In case anyone is interested, I have a few Indy bits that I'm moving on. PM me for details.

Mike Fisher wired poseable whip
HT DX05 Fedora x 2
HT DX05 Arab gear & Staff of Ra
HT Satchel with real leather replacement strap
HT DX05 Whip
HT DX05 Sandbag & Journal
PM’d you. Thx

Just got word that Silentsurfer finished the paint-up for my Jnix Indy. Super excited to get this in hand, especially since the Iris clothing set now seems to be moving along.

09da4113c7f2ab61d7837c0e67b1ca9d.jpg

0c67fce4282b7b93d2e14e00ad64e97d.jpg

Just got word that Silentsurfer finished the paint-up for my Jnix Indy. Super excited to get this in hand, especially since the Iris clothing set now seems to be moving along.

09da4113c7f2ab61d7837c0e67b1ca9d.jpg

0c67fce4282b7b93d2e14e00ad64e97d.jpg
Congrats man beautiful paint up from the master as always. I actually sent my unpainted jnix to iris so people have an idea of the sculpt with the outfit. Lol might get it painted by Nathan also after seeing this though i do have my inigou v3 painted by him.

:duff Thanks, guys.

Have been using the Sideshow TOD head so this will be a huge upgrade. Agreed on the hat, the Jnix one seems a bit smaller than it should be and maybe more like the size of the Last Crusade hat? I also have the HT hat to try.

:duff Thanks, guys.

Have been using the Sideshow TOD head so this will be a huge upgrade. Agreed on the hat, the Jnix one seems a bit smaller than it should be and maybe more like the size of the Last Crusade hat? I also have the HT hat to try.

I guess the HT would work if the head is smaller. It would be nice if Inigo would do a run of just the hat.

Check it out. I have now managed to make quite a few Grail tablets. I am still trying to getting the balance right between the colours and getting the writing to really pop.

I have also decided to start making some Fate of Atlantis items. I have finished the digging urn and am working on Sophia's necklace and the amber fish on a string. I remember using the latter when trying to find my way out of the underground maze in Crete! I plan on having a custom Indy made up with him dangling the amber fish on the string in one hand whilst it points to his other hand in which he is holding the orichalcum beads. Just like in the game.

I also have an idea for a diorama based on the scene where Indy has to activate the old bull and open the gate. I think it would look awesome. I could make the bull out of clay as well as the floor, walls and door etc. I could find some real cogs and some chains to replicate the workings.

Attachments

• 20190312_160449.jpg
    20190312_160449.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 20190312_161407-1.jpg
    20190312_161407-1.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 145
Back