1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how people use indi instead of indy. That's just me though. Arnie definitely made an amazing statue he was refining the sculpt bit by bit.

There's still something not quite there in the likeness to me. I sometimes think he gets an easy ride because he's Arnie Kim and he's worshipped whatever he does.

Even when it's the Hot Toys Indy.

Or people are just too skeptical. I still think the likeness of Harrison Ford on the DX05 is spot on despite what many people say about the sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or people are just too skeptical. I still think the likeness of Harrison Ford on the DX05 is spot on despite what many people say about the sculpt.

Spot on? Seriously? I'm no skeptic but it's far from "spot on" in my opinion.

Spot on? Seriously? I'm no skeptic but it's far from "spot on" in my opinion.

Yes, it is. I think the only problem with that sculpt is the PERS which makes it look odd in some angles. But overall, it’s Ford to me.

Glad you’re happy with it. Enjoy!
[emoji16][emoji16]

Everyone is definitely entitled to their opinion and people see different things differently.

It would be nice if HT did another Indy at some point hopefully to redeem themselves. And they need to steer clear and as far away from Arnie Kim in doing so.

IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It was PERS that robbed the DX of what it could have had. Every likeness had to be compromised in order to fit the standard PERS unit, they were fine for Bruce Lee and Johnny Depp, but useless for the likes of Harrison and Arnie.

It was PERS that robbed the DX of what it could have had. Every likeness had to be compromised in order to fit the standard PERS unit, they were fine for Bruce Lee and Johnny Depp, but useless for the likes of Harrison and Arnie.
I think the PERS have worked great for all the releases except Indy, DX10 (use the shades anyway), and First TDK Joker (DX01) and Batman (DX02).

Solid PERS releases:
MJ DX03
Bruce Lee DX04
Sparrow DX06
Bespin Luke DX07 (still my favorite Luke sculpt)
Joker DX08
Batman DX09
Joker TDK DX11
Batman DX12
Battle Damage T800 DX13
Sparrow DX15

Maul looks to be fine as well.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the PERS have worked great for all the releases except Indy, DX10 (use the shades anyway), and First TDK Joker (DX01) and Batman (DX02).

Solid PERS releases:
MJ DX03
Bruce Lee DX04
Sparrow DX06
Bespin Luke DX07 (still my favorite Luke sculpt)
Joker DX08
Batman DX09
Joker TDK DX11
Batman DX12
Battle Damage T800 DX13
Sparrow DX15

Maul looks to be fine as well.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

The original Joker had its own PERS unit, which was said not to work well. This was then refined for later releases. Heath, MJ, Bruce, Mark Hamill and Johnny Depp had feaures that lent themselves well to PERS. Any that used a Slim tended to do well. Arnie wasn't bad, but, compared to the Tech Noir version, the eyes on the DX were too close together, which was a consequence of the PERS. As good as the Nicholson Joker was, it too suffered the same way.

I'm glad that for other figures they didn't use it as the likenesses improved greatly when they didn't have it.

The original Joker had its own PERS unit, which was said not to work well. This was then refined for later releases. Heath, MJ, Bruce, Mark Hamill and Johnny Depp had feaures that lent themselves well to PERS. Any that used a Slim tended to do well. Arnie wasn't bad, but, compared to the Tech Noir version, the eyes on the DX were too close together, which was a consequence of the PERS. As good as the Nicholson Joker was, it too suffered the same way.

I'm glad that for other figures they didn't use it as the likenesses improved greatly when they didn't have it.
They lose a lot of expression when they don't use it though. I still think the DX13 has the best likeness to Arnold and that's using PERS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back