1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my time to pursue personal projects comes at a premium... When I do have time to play in my workshops (woodworking or figures) I am usually filling orders for Indy gear - thus my long hiatus from gear in the last year... But.. over the last year or so I have taken just a little time here and there to work on what I consider my favorite Indy theme... Cairo... My overarching plan is a three figure project all with the same laser engraved plates on a custom base. One is this Cairo Indy, one is the swordsman, and the last being Belloq... The photos are not the best, but I picked up the engraved plates today and mounted the first one to this custom Indy base... I was able to combine my love of tinkering in my woodshop with figures by building this base out of old Tennessee barn wood and ceramic tile. There are rare earth magnets embedded into the tile and the mate embedded into Indy's boots so he will not tip over.

This is the "Treasure Hunter" head with an old resin fedora from hero heads. That is the only 1/6 fedora that accurately captured the tall stovepipe shape of the Raiders fedora. I carved off the ribbon detail with a dremel and fashioned a real cloth ribbon and bow from actual cloth. I also sculpted over the joints with two part epoxy to smooth those areas out and repainted the skin with acrylic base and oil details... unfortunately the lighting makes the glossy sweat effect appear much more shiny than it actually is.. I hope to take much better photos later.. The pants are custom made from a tailor out of HK.. the shirt is the HT one, I believe, which was generously soaked in hairspray and shaped until dry and stiff... I then weathered the shirt to give it a dirty / sweaty appearance. The web belt had a real metal tab added and of course I know a guy who makes belts and holsters.. :) Also I made one of my whips with the wire core so it could be shaped. The bag is the DiD Coleman bag with one of my straps added, then it was filled with fishing weights so it would hang well. Again, better photos coming.. and maybe in the next five years I will finish the swordsman and Belloq !

yzdGKwc.jpg

wquYpQS.jpg

sfQ8elk.jpg

Bvqoc3M.jpg

And a last edited photo for the heck of it..

CyElJ2u.jpg

Last edited:
So my time to pursue personal projects comes at a premium... When I do have time to play in my workshops (woodworking or figures) I am usually filling orders for Indy gear - thus my long hiatus from gear in the last year... But.. over the last year or so I have taken just a little time here and there to work on what I consider my favorite Indy theme... Cairo... My overarching plan is a three figure project all with the same laser engraved plates on a custom base. One is this Cairo Indy, one is the swordsman, and the last being Belloq... The photos are not the best, but I picked up the engraved plates today and mounted the first one to this custom Indy base... I was able to combine my love of tinkering in my woodshop with figures by building this base out of old Tennessee barn wood and ceramic tile. There are rare earth magnets embedded into the tile and the mate embedded into Indy's boots so he will not tip over.

This is the relic hunter head with an old resin fedora from hero heads. That is the only 1/6 fedora that accurately captured the tall stovepipe shape of the Raiders fedora. I carved off the ribbon detail with a dremel and fashioned a real cloth ribbon and bow from actual cloth. I also sculpted over the joints with two part epoxy to smooth those areas out and repainted the skin with acrylic base and oil details... unfortunately the lighting makes the glossy sweat effect appear much more shiny than it actually is.. I hope to take much better photos later.. The pants are custom made from a tailor out of HK.. the shirt is the HT one, I believe, which was generously soaked in hairspray and shaped until dry and stiff... I then weathered the shirt to give it a dirty / sweaty appearance. The web belt had a real metal tab added and of course I know a guy who makes belts and holsters.. :) Also I made one of my whips with the wire core so it could be shaped. The bag is the DiD Coleman bag with one of my straps added, then it was filled with fishing weights so it would hang well. Again, better photos coming.. and maybe in the next five years I will finish the swordsman and Belloq !

yzdGKwc.jpg

wquYpQS.jpg

sfQ8elk.jpg

Bvqoc3M.jpg

CyElJ2u.jpg
Oh my lord! You did a Fantastic job Mike it captures indy so well. All the time and work paid off. That my good man is a grail for sure. Definitely something beautiful. Great job.

Great work, Mike! :clap

Is it possible for me to wire one of your whips - it’s something that I’ve wanted to do for a while now.

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Great work, Mike! :clap

Is it possible for me to wire one of your whips - it’s something that I’ve wanted to do for a while now.

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
I was curious if this was possible as well.

If not, any chance of offering one that is?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mike, Your Cairo Indy is awesome. Right amount of weathering and sweat. Looks like he just shot the swordsman so he could resume his quest to find Marion

To wire a whip you have to build it that way from the start. The other whips have already been fused together at the different joints so retrofitting them wouldn't be an option. I do have materials available to build a handful of wired ones so that is definitely an option. Just PM me for details.

Custom wired whips? Oh, you just opened up Pandora's Box my friend!! Kiss your extra hobby time goodbye! Your work bench is going to be FILLED with three things!!!

Great Cairo Indy also!

To wire a whip you have to build it that way from the start. The other whips have already been fused together at the different joints so retrofitting them wouldn't be an option. I do have materials available to build a handful of wired ones so that is definitely an option. Just PM me for details.

PM’d you Mike.

This is the "Treasure Hunter" head with an old resin fedora from hero heads. That is the only 1/6 fedora that accurately captured the tall stovepipe shape of the Raiders fedora. I carved off the ribbon detail with a dremel and fashioned a real cloth ribbon and bow from actual cloth. I also sculpted over the joints with two part epoxy to smooth those areas out and repainted the skin with acrylic base and oil details... unfortunately the lighting makes the glossy sweat effect appear much more shiny than it actually is.. I hope to take much better photos later.. The pants are custom made from a tailor out of HK.. the shirt is the HT one, I believe, which was generously soaked in hairspray and shaped until dry and stiff... I then weathered the shirt to give it a dirty / sweaty appearance. The web belt had a real metal tab added and of course I know a guy who makes belts and holsters.. :) Also I made one of my whips with the wire core so it could be shaped. The bag is the DiD Coleman bag with one of my straps added, then it was filled with fishing weights so it would hang well. Again, better photos coming.. and maybe in the next five years I will finish the swordsman and Belloq !

yzdGKwc.jpg

wquYpQS.jpg

sfQ8elk.jpg

Bvqoc3M.jpg

CyElJ2u.jpg

Incredible!!!

Time and Dedication pays off, wish that Hot Toys would offer something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Mike, I really want to do a Cairo Indy next. I want to try to replicate the movie poster with this head.
c8241d49197db7ad1b98c670b8bf34e8.jpg
191575a90a9995b1c422e8d80e290fcb.jpg
8b67d074555b3232bac37b5ca08fb7ae.jpg

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Finally got around to starting the paint on the Jnix sculpt.....got to say, I'm pretty impressed with it.

This is very much still just a work in progress, but there is certainly a decent Raiders Harrison likeness there.....

lpg0e9S.jpg

Attachments

• bpaI8Ho.jpg
    bpaI8Ho.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 228
Thank you so much guys!

The shirt is actually a modified DX05. I just removed all of the oversized hot toys buttons and replaced them with pin heads! Scale works better. Also a little bit of futzing with the collar (glued in place).

As I say, still a work in progress, but will post a picture of the completed figure when he's done.

This guy is my "lower budget" Indy custom, using mostly hot toys/sideshow parts.....but I love making these the best as I can be a lot less precious.

I'm too scared to touch my yunsil/mfisher/Inigou Indy for fear of damaging him! The components were so expensive that I just can't bring myself to weather and modify them. So he looks like he's just stepped out of a clothes shop. I have all my fun tinkering with the sideshow/hot toys stuff.

Must admit that now I've started painting the Jnix head, I prefer it to my Inigou v1 and v2.....so this head might be going on the other figure. See how I feel when it's done.

Back