1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up an Inigo v2 head and will slowly be kitbashing an Indy. Excited. Delving into clothing and accessory options now.

What's with the two different jackets? I really like the one to the right. Looks a bit more worn in.
The one on the left I had made by geewhizcustoms and it's made out of real leather. The one on the right is my yunsil jacket which I weathered myself. Same goes for the pants and shirt new ones by geewhizcustoms the other by Yunsil. They needed my current outfit for measurements to get the fit right and alter it for their version I should have it in the mail tomorrow so I will post images of it. With jnix new sculpt.

Is the DX05 worth getting for the clothing ect? Seems a lot of people have gone custom or tracked down pieces from the net.

Is the DX05 worth getting for the clothing ect?

No,

After it's all said and done, the only thing worthwhile about the DX05 are the extras. The boots are pretty good as well as the accessories, except the whip, but the head and clothing need to be replaced.

You'd be paying $400 for the boots and the accessories. The pants are okay, but the shirt is bad. . . tailored oddly, it's got padding sewn into the shirt, so the already too big muscle body makes the whole figure even more oddly proportioned.

You'd probably end up paying $600-ish to go the custom route and end up with a much better figure. That's if you can score the Yunsil set near original cost.

With the DX05, you'd pay $400, and still have to pay another $300-$400 to replace the clothes and head.

Actually, the HT clothing has a lot of potential. I never used to to think so. But with some dyeing. Water treating, etc., they're actually pretty good. Stock, not so much. It takes some work. But worth it in my opinion (and I own a kato set). I'll post some recent pictures of one of mine.

I appreciate the info guys. The most important part for me is the likeness and I think I'll have that with the Inigo v2 head. I like to mod and kitbash so if I can get a decent looking indy out of the DX clothing I'm willing to give it a try. Look forward to the pics Mr.E.

I finally got it today new outfit by geewhizcustoms, sculpt by jnix all that's left is to weather the jacket. 20171113_115049.jpg

Excellent!!! How do you like your new outfit?
It's pretty good. Though the pants came out a bit to baggy (should have been specific about how much) it still is really good. I'm going to get the jacket weathered then I will be happy with the outfit.

Pants look pretty good in your pic and looking forward to seeing the jacket weathered up. What body did Gee Wiz tailor the body too, the Han, or the DX-05? if you don't mind me asking :)

Pants look pretty good in your pic and looking forward to seeing the jacket weathered up. What body did Gee Wiz tailor the body too, the Han, or the DX-05? if you don't mind me asking :)
Thanks. They tailored it using the ttm19 or dx05 knockoff. But I'm using the han solo body.

Yeah that GW outfit looks pretty damn good. I bet with just the sleeve wrinkling it would look fine.
I was working on that before I left for work (still here) but that's one of the things I will do before weathering.

Just a spritz of water and push em up to the elbows and you're set.
Once I'm done it will look great. However I think the leather I bought and sent is to thick. If any of you guys want this as a run someone would have to send or direct them to a thin leather.

Forgot to show the jacket can zip up. Also I worked the sleeves a bit. Listen anyone else interested in this becoming a run?20171114_155628.jpg

Back