1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And ever will be. If HT hadn't been so hellbent on making Indy a DX they might have been able to pull it off. Probably the most expensive bash fodder since the Toys McCoy.

Can SSC turn out something next year!? A fandom waits.......

Depends which one. The smiling sculpt and the first Indy sculpt were done by Warriors Gate Productions and the ones everyone else got weren't as well cast. The others are a shrunken PF sculpt done by Kaiburr and the one in the sidecar outfit is the SSC one.

All good in the right hands, but somehow neither one definitive

They can't get it right man. With software and a printer we still got "Headplay quality".

Mr. Trevor got damn close but it's the bane of collectors and sculptors alike.

Trevor grove got it dead on. production ruined a great sculpt. and it was slightly oversized... which I believe is not his fault either. his 1/4 scales are beautiful. his original sculpt for the 1/2 scale was perfection.

Do you think Ford has had any of these same thoughts looking in the mirror over the years? "Damn, that's not accurate at all. Chewy, get over here and fix my jaw line!"

I don't know why people go on about the size of Trevor's sculpt. Sure, yeah, on the old Prometheus, it did look too big. When I look at full figure shots of mine on an Ezio the proportions look just right. Where it went awry was the size of the hat, it was too small which made the head underneath look bigger. If somebody sculpted and produced a hat which was the right shape and size the SSC head would really shine. Surely a hat would be easier to do than a head!?

Why doesn't someone give it a try!?

this is terrific advice!! I never really considered that!
time to revisit that whole tact... what other options besides ezio. he's tough to come by, no??

I don't know why people go on about the size of Trevor's sculpt. Sure, yeah, on the old Prometheus, it did look too big. When I look at full figure shots of mine on an Ezio the proportions look just right. Where it went awry was the size of the hat, it was too small which made the head underneath look bigger. If somebody sculpted and produced a hat which was the right shape and size the SSC head would really shine. Surely a hat would be easier to do than a head!?

Why doesn't someone give it a try!?

It's only really the crown which needs re-sculpting on the SS hat. The brim is a good size.

for example, this is the KOTCS hat with a re-sculpted crown, on and adventure Indy repaint:
fullshot.jpg

It's only really the crown which needs re-sculpting on the SS hat. The brim is a good size.

for example, this is the KOTCS hat with a re-sculpted crown, on and adventure Indy repaint:

That's true enough, if you have the skills to mod the hat, but, it'd still be the best option just to sculpt a new hat so that everyone had something they could use regardless of their skill set. Also, a hat would be cheaper to paint than a head.

That's true enough, if you have the skills to mod the hat, but, it'd still be the best option just to sculpt a new hat so that everyone had something they could use regardless of their skill set. Also, a hat would be cheaper to paint than a head.

What I meant to say was that the original hat could be used as a basis for a new sculpt, as it is already designed to fit on the existing head. If I was to offer casts of the hat I modded (I wont) then it would easily fit on the SS head sculpt.

Sort of, but then you'd open up the whole recasting can of worms again. That's why Rahmier and IndianaPaul won't do casts of that Indy head he did. It should be a new hat made to fit the SSC head.

Back