1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Fords aside from Hoth Han are coming out!? Hoth Han could have the hat moulded to the head under the hood of the coat like the German Indy was. That being the case it would require even more work than Rahmier's Medi Han will.

Maybe DID will release a figure based on Jack Ryan which could yield a useful sculpt, who knows!?

One of the Han heads does have the hat moulded, but the other doesn't. There are two sculpts in every box. Like every other figure, these are going to get parted out.

You hadn't seen these images?

21341-captain-han-solo-hoth-001.jpg
21341_eblEk0fb_press04.jpg

Man, I was struggling to place the sculpt... I think we all try to forget Medicom figures :lol Funny how that one has such a great Ford likeness but really missed the mark when it came to the hair. Looks like it will be an incredible Indy though and already has a fantastic paint job.

:lol Enterbay did the sculpt, but yeah, I know what you mean about the hair. People have made fantastic Hans with that figure though. Someone did some resculpting of the hair and it looked fantastic.

Some progress on Indy....

5umazy4a.jpg

Hell yeah. :rock

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Hm. Is it me, or did the sculpt lose something after the paint? Certainly it isn't Surfers paint, we all know he's the best, its just the thing with these Ford sculpts. Like the WGP head everyone had high hopes for and thought would be the end all be all. Once paint hit the sculpt something....changed.

the in the hand pic is, I think, a pic of the ORIGINAL sculpt... I think the molding process and the weird material it was cast in did something to it... cause that raw sculpt is PERFECT!!!! Although I do think the Solo sculpt for the Solo Stormtrooper is WAY cooler...

Hm. Is it me, or did the sculpt lose something after the paint? Certainly it isn't Surfers paint, we all know he's the best, its just the thing with these Ford sculpts. Like the WGP head everyone had high hopes for and thought would be the end all be all. Once paint hit the sculpt something....changed.

That sculpt kind of has a wonky left eye....its throwing it off once painted.

the in the hand pic is, I think, a pic of the ORIGINAL sculpt... I think the molding process and the weird material it was cast in did something to it... cause that raw sculpt is PERFECT!!!! Although I do think the Solo sculpt for the Solo Stormtrooper is WAY cooler...

I agree as well the head is probably hollow and vinyl or something not the best material it seems for holding detail when it comes to actual product vs raw sculpt

As rhboyd already pointed out, molding distorts the original. Usually it's only noticeable to the original sculptor, but usually it shrinks vertically inward. . . that's what I've noticed in castings. You can see it in the width of the face, in the cheeks and jaw areas. The WGP head was small to start with, sized against the HT version, plus it had the same shrinkage issues, so that it distorted inward. Plus it wasn't cleaned up well, it wasn't a very good print, not as much detail as the original digital render. The resin used for the castings was not very good, it seemed powdery and they should have at least put some tint in it to see the detail, it seemed like it was almost a transparent white resin, so you couldn't even see any detail even if it was there. I try not to be negative, but honestly, after paying when it was "in-hand" and waiting 6 months after that, to receive that head was just severely disappointing.

That sculpt kind of has a wonky left eye....its throwing it off once painted.

Yeah, that left eyes is weird.

I try not to be negative, but honestly, after paying when it was "in-hand" and waiting 6 months after that, to receive that head was just severely disappointing.

It really was. Other than scale and detail issues the sculpt looks to have no character at all. There is something lifeless about it.

Big disappointment that was. :(

Which Fords aside from Hoth Han are coming out!? Hoth Han could have the hat moulded to the head under the hood of the coat like the German Indy was. That being the case it would require even more work than Rahmier's Medi Han will.

Maybe DID will release a figure based on Jack Ryan which could yield a useful sculpt, who knows!?

I keep hoping they do a Ford from Force Ten From Navarone. I even emailed them that suggestion.

Back