1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! What medium do you use to get the semi-transparent layers effect!? Looks really nice~
Acrylic based paints. Thinned with water in combination with dry brush techniques and fine detailing. It's a combo that's never the same when I re-paint a sculpt.

kyekye... dont know what he used.. but Liquitex acrylics are great quality.. just get the "soft body" acrylics as they are more fluid.. available at Michaels etc..

Here you go! Yeah this is my favorite one from all my collection. I'm working in a temple of doom one, it's the only Indy I'm missing!

Thanks!

Very nice,

The shirt looks a bit clean though. A good dunking in a mug of black coffee would sort that out!

Any specific brand of Acrylic color you use? I know there are tones of different ones.

I recommend Vallejo. Superb finish and a great range of colours.

kyekye... dont know what he used.. but Liquitex acrylics are great quality.. just get the "soft body" acrylics as they are more fluid.. available at Michaels etc..

That works or any water based acrylic.

I recommend Vallejo. Superb finish and a great range of colours.

Thanks guys. I've been using Liquitex Soft body. I guess there are different ways of using it. I'll try this thin multi-layer coat method for my next project. I do have some Vallejo as well.

Just received Michael Fisher's whip & holster. I was happy with how I'd distressed sideshow's but Mike's work just adds a higher level of cool to any Indy figure.
MediIndyMod3065.jpg

MediIndyMod3063.jpg

PERFECT OLD INDY !!! Like this !!!

Back