1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so as you can see the regular HT Indy is on the left and the modified one with the narrow TT arms is on the right. You can easily see how tight the shirt fits on the standard HT Indy, while the shirt hangs more natural on the modified version. The modified shirt has also been slightly tinted a greyer color as well.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for making the time to take those for me. I'm tempted to mod mine now. How did you change the colour of your shirt if you don't mind me asking ? I really like the colour.

A shameless plug. If anyone's looking for a low priced HT Indy head I have one for sale here. ( this is a spare I have )

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105803

Last edited:
Thanks for making the time to take those for me. I'm tempted to mod mine now. How did you change the colour of your shirt if you don't mind me asking ? I really like the colour.

Rit dye black, literally dipped it in and immediately took it out and rinsed it out as much as possible, at first it looked too dark and I thought I'd ruined it. After it dried though it turned out the perfect shade for Raiders

Him not mad, him crazy :lol

But looks great dude

Robert

Thanks, I'd like to think after over 10 years of modding and custom figure building it's experience over crazy. Although given the price we now pay for this stuff crazy might not be incorrect either.

Rit dye black, literally dipped it in and immediately took it out and rinsed it out as much as possible, at first it looked too dark and I thought I'd ruined it. After it dried though it turned out the perfect shade for Raiders

You have balls, man. That black dye is dangerous. I used Pearl Gray -- which I believe is watered down black because it has that same 'blue' tint when you wash it -- and also thought I over-did it until it dried.

Dying is an art.

Been working on my customs lately. Here is my current ROTLA Indy. People talk about the web belt. Which belt is that?

Anyone got tips of what parts I'm missing? If so got some spare parts to give/sell?

New bagsrap is in the making :)

Want to thank Mike again for his Gear and Rory for all his tips :clap.

- Sweated the face and de-guylinered it
- Dyed the shirt and dirt it and glued the boards
- sanded the jacket and painted it with sandcolors, used sandpaper to age it and glue to keep stuff in place
- painted the pants
- sweated up the body a little and added some chesthair

rad01.jpg

rad02.jpg

Robert

Last edited:
And here is my current Temple of Doom Indy.

Anyone got tips of what parts I'm missing for this one? If so got some spare parts to give/sell?

New bagstrap is also in the making!

Just got my Mfisher gear from Mike. Thanks again buddy! Any fan should buy his set. Thanks again Rory for your tips and tricks! Thanks swsqueakquels for the Machete :clap

- Sweated the face and de-guylinered it, added scars, black eye, more beard, cracked lip en bloody nose
- Dyed the shirt and dirtied is up like Mf*ker hehehe, cut it up
- painted the pants and cut them
- sweated up the body a little and added some chesthair and the whipscars on his back and wound on his elboy

tod01.jpg

tod02.jpg

tod03.jpg

tod04.jpg

Pictures don't do this guy justice. :(

And to finish it up some bonus pics :)

fin01.jpg

fin02.jpg

*scary :panic:*

Thanks for watching,

Robert

Last edited:
Awesome BBL... here's a tip for you.. soak the TOD shirt heavily in hairspray.. then put it on the figure and shape it to look like you want... once it dries it will be stiff and hold the exact shape you want for the correct look.. and if you do not like it just rinse in water and start over..

Thanks for the tip :). Do you know anything about the 'web belt'?

Awesome BBL... here's a tip for you.. soak the TOD shirt heavily in hairspray.. then put it on the figure and shape it to look like you want... once it dries it will be stiff and hold the exact shape you want for the correct look.. and if you do not like it just rinse in water and start over..

Best web belt on the market ( and HARD to find now).. is the one from the Did release "Charles Winstone"... excellent belt.. beautifully done..

Wow bbl, floored! :thud:

I love the look of both Indy's but I'm especially impressed by Raiders. It's easier to get HT Indy to look god as ToD, but you really rocked the Raiders version as well :clap My only suggestion is to give the pants a quick water treatment so they hang a bit more naturally :)

You've been selling this a few times in here and I'd never heard of it. Needless to say few people can argue with your skills so I gave it a shot....

Awesome method. Many thanks.

Been working on my customs lately. Here is my current ROTLA Indy. People talk about the web belt. Which belt is that?

Anyone got tips of what parts I'm missing? If so got some spare parts to give/sell?

New bagsrap is in the making :)

Want to thank Mike again for his Gear and Rory for all his tips :clap.

- Sweated the face and de-guylinered it
- Dyed the shirt and dirt it and glued the boards
- sanded the jacket and painted it with sandcolors, used sandpaper to age it and glue to keep stuff in place
- painted the pants
- sweated up the body a little and added some chesthair

rad01.jpg

rad02.jpg

Robert

Really great work and futzing... Love it! Still see a pinhead effect though on that body... the arm swap or just a whole Ezio body swap would go a long way into making it look perfect.

Muscle body looks amazing on the TOD one. Amazing work all around! bravo!

Hi swsqueakquels and Wor-Gar,

Thanks, but Rorys is still the best ;)

bbl, you have given Rorywan a run for his money!

These are emerging as some of the best HT reworks seen on these boards. INCREDIBLE work on both! :clap

Wow bbl, floored! :thud:

I love the look of both Indy's but I'm especially impressed by Raiders. It's easier to get HT Indy to look god as ToD, but you really rocked the Raiders version as well :clap My only suggestion is to give the pants a quick water treatment so they hang a bit more naturally :)

Thanks MarfMaster,

I will do that. Great Tip!

Thanks Raymond, just bought the TTM18 online. I'd like to know how this treatment compares to the ezio body. Haven't seen this with jacket on.

Really great work and futzing... Love it! Still see a pinhead effect though on that body... the arm swap or just a whole Ezio body swap would go a long way into making it look perfect.

Muscle body looks amazing on the TOD one. Amazing work all around! bravo!

Nice collection Rogerbee!

I've had a couple people ask to see the narrow shoulder arm mod to the muscle body fully clothed to see the difference. Sorry for the horrible pic, but as you can see it causes the shirt and jacket to hang more naturally and not bunch up in the forearms and bicep area. It also gives the figure the bit of a slouch that Ford had. The untouched HT fig is on the left and the modded and headless one on the right. Harrison was pretty thin in Raiders and the HT body is just a bit too much for me.
picture.php

picture.php

Yeah, it does look better.

@BBL: I was commenting on Cazafantasma's collection. Mine consists of Henry and a headless Indy! LOL!

Back