1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really didn't think so.

Asmus sighs a sign of relief.
Not sure if you're aware, but Asmus is doing an upgraded re-release of Boromir. Which was a nice figure in regards to everything but the sculpt. We'll see how this comes out but if they don't step it up with this Boromir release given the news, they are still going to be in trouble.

Maybe this is what will finally make them step their game up. In any case I can't see Queen going so deep as to make characters like Galadriel and Eomer, so Asmus will still have their uses, but no doubt they are going to lose customers if this Boromir doesn't show they're committed to making steps forward.

But we all saw what the production piece looks like if Viper is in the wrong company..

No, this 1/6 sculpt is different from Queen's 1/4th Joker..

And I thought so too! But not according to my trusted local seller. Queen is just the distributor for this.
And now I am worried

My notes are correct, they have his contact and that's it, I will edit it for further clarity.
i-have-detailed-files-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

My notes are correct, they have his contact and that's it, I will edit it for further clarity.

As with last week's interview, the vast majority of the name dropped IPs are anything but confirmed. He'd answer with "that's a possibility, we just have to reach out" for everything non-Disney, and everything Disney he'd rule out (like with Aliens, unfortunately).

At least they're interested in holding a poll to get a gauge for which licenses they should actually pursue.

Live stream with John started on Justin's channel:

Notes from the stream so far:

- Queen has been working on 1/6 scale figures for about 2 years but the pandemic caused some delays, lots of research and development was made before announcing anything.

- Queen Studios lead artist, Viper, was already on board, he worked on some of the 1/6 statues from last year, Viper put together his own team in order to produce the actual 1/6 figures.

- For statues and busts they will collaborate with international artists from time to time but almost everything is done in house.

- Warner Brothers and Disney have a gun ban on their statues but not figures, figures can be packaged with guns but not advertised with them.

- Posability is important for 1/6 figures and the team is working on making the bodies easier to pose such as having interchangeable magnetic arms, more details will be revealed in the Joker video dropping today.

- Queen will include instructions with their products, post videos and have online resources to help collectors preserve longevity of their figures.

- Queen has been more focused on R&D and haven't had the expirience to learn how to expand longevity of their figures but will learn from the mistakes other companies have made in the past.

- Main focus is on likeness and detail.

So, my takeaways so far are that rooted will be reserved for longer hair only, they want the big licenses too, their figures will have that extra "oompf" and they want to remain in contact with the userbase. It all sounds good, but it just seems like standard company fluff to me. I don't think 5 years down the line they'll be the same. And if they could get the MCU, I don't think they'd care much for classics, let's be honest. They're in it to make money. But, as it stands, I like the communication and the approach.

I gave it a lot of thought, and I'll be going with the sculpted. I'm glad there's going to be competition going around, but seeing as that will be an option for very few figures, I'm not making any such jump to a hypothetical "higher tier". The prices will keep increasing, and that much realism is wasted on me. Once every blue moon I'll be tempted by a one-off like Paul, but that'll be it. If they ever get SW, I'll upgrade my Anakin and maybe buy another Vader, but I'm fine with sculpted. HT will keep getting my money and filling my displays, alongside QS; I'm not going the separate display route.

They seem as they'll be focusing on the main stars of each property, so that's a sigh of relief for me. No need to wonder if they'll ever make the B/C-Listers, even if they get licenses with more meat going forward. Which is the way it should be, let's be honest. The day they turn into HT 2.0 putting up Gilgameshes but for 400$, is the day the hobby's officially jumped the shark. I want them to make some true classics and pieces worth owning, not spread themselves thin trying to chase every new hotness. HT can barely keep up and they're re-releasing things every other month.

Now I just have to ponder the fact that I literally threw 10€ away, and start controlling my impulse buys better...

tommy-shelby-mad.gif

Last edited:
In this second livestream, he just said Queen won't be using pleather on any of their figures.

Back