1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTJu.png
DTJuri.jpeg

Daftoys suit
Left is Justin putting it on a figure
Right is someone that knows how to futz putting it on a figure

I like Justin and his videos, but I'm not sure he was really the best choice for something like this. I think Inart would have been better off just releasing some new pics and videos of their own, with some proper lighting and futzing.
View attachment 603705View attachment 603710

Daftoys suit
Left is Justin putting it on a figure
Right is someone that knows how to futz putting it on a figure
Huge difference. Yeah Justin's video did more harm than good imo. Overblown lighting, not knowing how to futz the figure, weird camera lens distortion. They should have just stuck with the production Joker video that they released and called it a day.

With a camera you get huge distortion not just resolution. It is really hurting how the proportions are looking in that video I think. The paint is a different story but the hair I suppose can be styled. The question is how do you style a dolls hair? 😂
Oh yeah I wouldn't even fret about proportions from the video - no reason to think those would have changed from the prototype. I'm just looking at execution of the kinds of details that are difficult to replicate at scale. It's still a great looking figure of course, but it's not what they promised for the price they were asking.

Those two InArt photos of Joker that Nick D posted happen to be my favorite pictures... perfectly lit and posed... but to compare those to screengrabs of Justin's overlit review is a great disservice.

Here's a fast comp, I brightened the proto pic up to better match Justin's... colors are still off and obviously the proto is still better, but a 'different figure entirely' seems harsh. The "make-up" is smeared in the same incorrect places on both, the color of the hair is very close once you adjust lighting, proto has a better hair style... but we haven't yet seen what we're really getting.

I'm pretty sure I can get Justin's Joker to look very close to the other with a little work

Prod Pic vs Justin.jpg

hear you, but with joker it’s not so simple. You guy’s familiar with the yunsil purple Joker coat? Collectors have had the hardest time futzing it because it’s too much material, too thick, basically swallows the figure and not much you can do about it. That appears to be the case here tenfold.
Thankfully they’ve included wires in the bottom of the coat but still.
Except Inart's jacket looks thinner than Yunsil's. I honestly think Yunsil's jacket is worse than Inarts and that outfit ran for like $600? Forgot how much it was but still. Inart has a thinner purple jacket overall. Just look at the lapel and overall material alone.

52442296440_b4b1e14493_o_d.png

VRPRrjf.jpg

Except Inart's jacket looks thinner than Yunsil's. I honestly think Yunsil's jacket is worse than Inarts and that outfit ran for like $600? Forgot how much it was but still. Inart has a thinner purple jacket overall. Just look at the lapel and overall material alone.

52442296440_b4b1e14493_o_d.png

VRPRrjf.jpg

Has to be one of Yunsil’s worst runs and I put that heavily down to the run organizer.

On another note, I can't believe some of the new guys here are willing to spend $1,000 on a figure but don't know anything about futzing or water treatment. Talk about jumping in at the top.

Man, I fear there's going to be a lot of people angry over this expensive dollie.
Not just the new guys. I've been collecting these things for seven years and still know nothing about futzing or water treating clothes. :lol

Not just the new guys. I've been collecting these things for seven years and still know nothing about futzing or water treating clothes. :lol

There’s really no ‘art’ to it to be fair.

Just soak the costume and pinch, squeeze, pull, fold as you want the clothes to hang and they will stay (for the most part) that way when they dry.

For this release though I would soak the coat separately and squeeze out, then dry separate from the rest of the outift in case any dye bleeds. Then replace it onto the figure, soak it again and futz it as desired.

Will make the world of difference with this outfit as it’s such a a layered one.

On another note, I can't believe some of the new guys here are willing to spend $1,000 on a figure but don't know anything about futzing or water treatment. Talk about jumping in at the top.

Man, I fear there's going to be a lot of people angry over this expensive dollie.
I am definitely one of the new guys, and i honestly had never heard of water treatment before but i know about futzing. I might try water treatment when i get mine, but I'll probs just futz with it a bit and I'll be happy. I'm not too fussed about that kinda stuff.

Back