1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all collectors will stomach the $1000 for a two pack when they may want just one. A lot of the FB comments are just like that. People want a single pack with rooted hair. I would also pass this if the price is that much if I only want one figure. Unless I find someone trustworthy to share the load and we decide on how to split the duo.

I may down for a perfect Legolas and Aragorn but can’t imagine a Nazgûl could be worth the extra price than Asmus one. Also I’m rather satisfied with Crown Gandalf so it will have to a masterpiece to want me to get their version.

I think having two companies working on LOTR 1/6 scale can only be good for collectors as others have said.

There's the competition which will encourage improvements in overall quality and hopefully after these first 3 releases there will be some divergence in releases which will help speed up the pace of new releases.

Given the price point of Queen Studio I personally can't see myself buying any generic figure or figure without a unique face sculpt so their Nazgul release doesn't really interest me given Asmus already creates exceptional diecast weapons and parts and their tailoring and weathering is on point. Their Gandalf and Legolas on the other hand...

I'm prepared to pay the premium if QS can absolutely nail the 9 members of the Fellowship as well as a few others like Saruman, Faramir and Lurtz. But beyond that I think I'll be sticking with Asmus.

I just hope QS doesn't get heavily into the LOTR TV series until they've got the Fellowship cast out of the way.

A Queen Studio Lurtz would be amazing. But might be well more than I really want to spend as the figure would be at least $300, likely a bit more.

This is where Asmus can remain a great provider, offering more diverse figures at $200 or less.

Asmus needs to reconsider characters like Grima Wormtongue. Fairly simple to deliver, and no one would spend Queen money on that character, but for under $200, the completists will. Denethor is another one.

Yes $300+ for a supporting character is steep for sure and Asmus can definitely capitalize on the reluctance of most collectors to pay that kind of money. I definitely wouldn't pay that kind of money for a Wormtongue, Denethor or regular Uruk, the cost to army build at that price point is scary.

For me personally the scene involving Lurtz, Aragorn and Boromir is so iconic that I'm prepared to pay $300+ per figure for a near perfect representation of these characters even though Lurtz is a supporting character. But there will be many who would be satisfied with a $200 Asmus release instead so it's good that we'll hopefully soon have that option.

Crown Line might be dead... but not Asmus. It might just be better to focus on what we've all been asking for instead of making their 3rd Aragorn and 2nd Legolas and 3rd Gandalf.
Maybe they will nail it with Gandalf the white?

I mean no insult with the above comment, but like Dirty Harry says: a man's got to know his limitations. At a certain point, you need to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and make decisions based on that.

If Queen is seriously into making the LOTR main characters, then I think Asmus might want to reevaluate their Crown Line. Looks like Queen pricing is very competitive, and if Joker is an indication, Queen is working at a very different level.

Viper is now part of InArt (Queen Studios) so Crown Series won’t last long unless Asmus make better figures
Speaking of my personal opinion

Back