1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duuude, this is very interesting and worrying because there’s no doubt that my entire Asmus collection could be improved upon which just means QS will be able to take all of my money and force me to re-buy my entire collection.

Their quality and especially the ability to capture likenesses has the potential to render Asmus obsolete when it comes to the main cast.
No doubt their figures will be pricey so Asmus will still have a market but it’s hard to see people investing in their Crown Series if QS end up being able to produce better quality regular figures.

I’m jumping the gun a lot here but, seeing as Asmus kind of suck at headsculpts, this could be what finally pushes them to focus on generic soldiers, orcs and dioramas!
You hit the nail on the head. I’ve loved the Asmus figures I’ve owned and have been a strong supporter of them, but competition is always good and this will either get them to raise the bar on their own figures, or like you said, they just do army builders, or maybe just let the license. I will say though, to Asmus credit, I don’t think Queen Studios will dive as deep as Asmus has. They’ll be more like Hot Toys in that we’ll be lucky to get the whole Fellowship but it wouldn’t surprise me if we just get a select few.
An amazing Aragorn (head sculpt) would be my main hope.
I think this is everyone’s main hope right now.

I hope to see these. However, ever since SS called their 1/4 statues premium format figures, the word figures does not necessarily mean action figures.
They're articulated figures.

Q6MzpUs.png

Wow…poor Asmus…first the…uhm…situation with Ash and now this…
I think we’ll soon be saying “remember back when there used to be this really nice little company called Asmus? Whatever happened to those guys?”
Let’s be honest…many of us allow our love for LOTR to excuse all of the shortcomings on most of the Asmus figures…got to the point that I couldn’t even stand to see them in the same room as my other figures because of the steep drop in quality.
Glad I recently unloaded everything but Crown Gandalf when I was able to still get decent money for them.
Pretty soon the suggestion of displaying Asmus figures with these ones will be as absurd as displaying Sideshow’s Star Wars figures with the one from Hot Toys.
Can you imagine having these two together on the same shelf?
690872F8-FF3B-4A7A-B13B-1A1130ED1910.jpeg
04F15DC6-23BC-4C97-95BC-19C5A3A97622.jpeg

Pretty soon the suggestion of displaying Asmus figures with these ones will be as absurd as displaying Sideshow’s Star Wars figures with the one from Hot Toys.
And I just ordered the Crown GtG the other day after four days of watching reviews. Oh, well, guess will take the hit once QS manages to deliver what Asmus showed us with the proto.

Damm, I JUST got the latest Legolas from Asmus. He looks pretty good....but I hope I don't regret it..... For me it will all be about the cost.....

And I just ordered the Crown GtG the other day after four days of watching reviews. Oh, well, guess will take the hit once QS manages to deliver what Asmus showed us with the proto.
I think Crown GTG still holds up…he was the only one of my HUGE Asmus collection that I couldn’t part with…but then, all Queen has to do is actually make a hat that fits on his head and they will have already beat Asmus on Gandalf too!

I think we’ll soon be saying “remember back when there used to be this really nice little company called Asmus? Whatever happened to those guys?”
Let’s be honest…many of us allow our love for LOTR to excuse all of the shortcomings on most of the Asmus figures…got to the point that I couldn’t even stand to see them in the same room as my other figures because of the steep drop in quality.
Glad I recently unloaded everything but Crown Gandalf when I was able to still get decent money for them.
View attachment 565761View attachment 565762
There are other licenses out there. There is no reason to live and die by lotr.

IMO that's kinda harsh, since anyone could have gotten absolute 1/6 realism if they wanted to pay for a custom sculpt. FOR THE PRICE POINT fans have been fortunate that ASMUS has devoted themselves to Middle Earth and we've gotten detailed, to-scale costumes, lots of accessories, and good to great paint jobs and sculpts (Gimli, Thorin, Twilight King, Galadriel, etc.). As well as a company that actually interacts with the fans.

It's not "excusing the shortcomings", at least for me. It's being realistic in what can be accomplished that is still affordable. I could have paid a customizer years ago for a 1/6 scale Thorin or Thranduil with glass eyes, real hair, genuine leather, and all that; but I don't have that kind of money to burn. Last time I talked to someone about a custom 1/6 jacket, I also realized it would be up to me to do a lot of the ground research - since the customizer expected to do the pattern and sewing only. I ditched the idea.

Kudos to those who can afford Queen Studios but I already cut back collecting. Don't feel the need to collect the same characters all over again, and ASMUS has enough details for me to enjoy. Same reason I passed on Iron Studios Middle Earth stuff - how many Gandalf variants do I need? I may love Middle Earth, but do I love it, say, $1800 worth for 3 characters? Nope. And it's Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas - again.

For Hobbit fans, maybe it will be chance for ASMUS to do limited runs of dwarves and Mirkwood elves. And also, IMO Sideshow's stuff, while dated, was also pretty good for the price point.

I am all in for more great 1/6 LOTR figures. Hopefully these scale well with Asmus’ so they can be displayed together. It’s interesting that after so much time we now have two companies making 1/6 figures, Loyal Subjects making 5” figures and Diamond making 7” or 8” figures.
IMO just companies jumping on the Middle Earth bandwagon; even if the Amazon series is getting blasted, it's still publicity.

Last edited:
Dont junp ship too soon. It is one company and they dont do lotr exclusively so who knows how long it takes until they make the whole fellowship let alone more characters?

We get more and more expensive stuff but we should be glad there are still 150 dollar fogures out there even if not perfect.

Interesting development. While I’m happy with my Asmus LOTR figures, I’d certainly welcome a chance to upgrade some of them and add others if the quality and price point are to my liking. Guess we will have to wait and see.

IMO that's kinda harsh, since anyone could have gotten absolute 1/6 realism if they wanted to pay for a custom sculpt. FOR THE PRICE POINT fans have been fortunate that ASMUS has devoted themselves to Middle Earth and we've gotten detailed, to-scale costumes, lots of accessories, and good to great paint jobs and sculpts (Gimli, Thorin, Twilight King, Galadriel, etc.). As well as a company that actually interacts with the fans.

It's not "excusing the shortcomings", at least for me. It's being realistic in what can be accomplished that is still affordable. I could have paid a customizer years ago for a 1/6 scale Thorin or Thranduil with glass eyes, real hair, genuine leather, and all that; but I don't have that kind of money to burn. Last time I talked to someone about a custom 1/6 jacket, I also realized it would be up to me to do a lot of the ground research - since the customizer expected to do the pattern and sewing only. I ditched the idea.

Kudos to those who can afford Queen Studios but I already cut back collecting. Don't feel the need to collect the same characters all over again, and ASMUS has enough details for me to enjoy. Same reason I passed on Iron Studios Middle Earth stuff - how many Gandalf variants do I need? I may love Middle Earth, but do I love it, say, $1800 worth for 3 characters? Nope. And it's Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas - again.

For Hobbit fans, maybe it will be chance for ASMUS to do limited runs of dwarves and Mirkwood elves. And also, IMO Sideshow's stuff, while dated, was also pretty good for the price point.

IMO just companies jumping on the Middle Earth bandwagon; even if the Amazon series is getting blasted, it's still publicity.
Yep…don’t get me wrong, I’m an Asmus fan, that’s why I continued to support them in-spite of their objectively sub par quality in the head sculpt department.
Love their tailoring, but for me a 1/6 figure is made or broken by the head sculpt. Personal preference and priority for me.
I reject that it’s either thousand dollar customs or Asmus quality. There are plenty of stops in between and I just don’t want to see such a huge difference between the head sculpt on my latest Asmus figure and the one on my latest figure from Hot Toys.

There are other licenses out there. There is no reason to live and die by lotr.
Yep…that Ace Ventura figure looks like it’s gonna put them on the map. Guess with all of the time on their hands from not making LOTR figures they could always go back and give us the other 5 members of The Hateful 8 that people are beating down the doors for.

first we need to know how much they will ask for their figure... after that we need to know how many lotr figures they will plan to release. The nazgul seems an odd choice to me... iconic, but even if it will be far superior to asmus one, how many people will be ready to pay the money QS will ask for it? I may make the effort to pay 400, even 500 usd for perfect rendition of the fellowship... but only for them.

Yeah they would need to be releasing definitive versions of the Fellowship for me to want to upgrade everything at this point too. Most of the Asmus costuming is pretty close so it would need to be a serious step up in materials (real leather, suede, fully die cast buckles and weapons etc.) and an absolutely spot on HS for me to start forking over £400/£500 a figure.

Back