1/6 Hot Toys - VGM58 - Battlefront 2: Umbra Operative ARC Trooper (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be 1,500 for initial release that is releasing now with PO for second production run up in April for release later in the year

The posting from Hot Toys Secret Base makes it sound like this initial release is only 300 pieces actually. I think the 1500 is indeed the number for the full run (which would make him the most limited clone release if I am not mistaken):

Limited to 300 sets in stock in Hong Kong!

Jeremy at Plastic Hero on Facebook had him for $320 shipped. Couldn't pass that up. I figure Sideshow will likely have him at around $250 or so plus shipping and tax, so I would rather just secure one through Jeremy instead of repeating the Artisan Anakin fiasco.

-James

I bit the bullet and ordered it from TBA. If this is anything like the other limited release pieces I know I’m going to sit in a queue on Sideshow for 30 minutes and come up empty handed, so I may as well pay extra and guarantee my copy.

The posting from Hot Toys Secret Base makes it sound like this initial release is only 300 pieces actually. I think the 1500 is indeed the number for the full run (which would make him the most limited clone release if I am not mistaken):

Limited to 300 sets in stock in Hong Kong!

Jeremy at Plastic Hero on Facebook had him for $320 shipped. Couldn't pass that up. I figure Sideshow will likely have him at around $250 or so plus shipping and tax, so I would rather just secure one through Jeremy instead of repeating the Artisan Anakin fiasco.

-James
I must be misremembering then. in that case, Sideshow should have a larger allotment then, which is good news.

4:00 EST for the East Coast folks.

This is very last minute and no build up at all though.
Good, less competition. Lots of posts by hot toys though.

IF anyone has a good second hand place to pick up they trust. Please share for those that missed out. I am probably willing to overpay a bit for this figure.

I was able to snag an artisan Joker but with Anakin I remember there were some people who were 10k in line! Will be interesting to see what today holds.

I despise how they're using FOMO as a tactic to trigger a percentage of ppl that have zero interest in the figure itself but rather the "thrill of owning a limited release".

Absolutely predatory marketing imo.

I have the dumbest reason for picking this up. I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan and I just can't resist that color scheme. I keep telling myself I don't need it, it's a dumb reason and save my money and frustration...but there I'll be at 3:55pm EST waiting for my queue number to come up. :)

I despise how they're using FOMO as a tactic to trigger a percentage of ppl that have zero interest in the figure itself but rather the "thrill of owning a limited release".

Totally agree, but at the same time they're not making anyone order it. I tried for the Anakin because I thought it was a nice upgrade to the original but failed. I tried and succeeded on the Comic Spidey because I really liked it. While I love Ledger Joker in the Dark Knight, I don't collect DC so had no interest. My biggest fear is that they do this with something like an updated Chewbacca...which will cause people (including me) to riot.

I heartily agree. WW, Anakin, Joker, Scarlet Witch... they're intentionally limiting production to generate sales from FOMO and it's alienating to fans who want one but hardly stand a chance of winning the online lottery to purchase one. I imagine the scalper/reseller community are the only ones loving the practice. Well, and Hot Toys, who are showing far more care for profit than to collectors.

Back