1/6 Hot Toys - TMS126 - The Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (DeathWatch Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So his flightsuit is the same as Jango’s, just in grey? I have to say that’s the only disappointing part to me in that they didn’t match it up with the other Mauldalorian. Especially since they’re both technically from the same Siege of Mandalore battle.

So his flightsuit is the same as Jango’s, just in grey? I have to say that’s the only disappointing part to me in that they didn’t match it up with the other Mauldalorian. Especially since they’re both technically from the same Siege of Mandalore battle.
Not really though, they're probably a few months apart at least.

Maybe they shop at different Mandalorian flightsuit outlets.

I’ll let the hardcores delf into fan theories about Maul’s military uniform logistics. I would’ve had the energy if it was a few years ago but not at this point:lol

But I will patiently wait for the Ahsoka Mauldalorians to be parted out and upgrade his belt and flightsuit. This figure is just a background Mauldalorian anyway.

I’ll let the hardcores delf into fan theories about Maul’s military uniform logistics. I would’ve had the energy if it was a few years ago but not at this point:lol

But I will patiently wait for the Ahsoka Mauldalorians to be parted out and upgrade his belt and flightsuit. This figure is just a background Mauldalorian anyway.
I'd assume the flightsuits are just sweaty handmedowns like the armour is :lol.

It does look a bit basic in black.

Maybe Arkady was backed up and Kenobi had to go with an Etsy seller... ;)

A few with the helmet on. Not a long term display option for me but it does make for a cool Mando.

IMG_3851.jpeg

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg

I don’t care about their “right” to do this or whatever, it’s remarkably poor form and should be one more strike against Hot Toys. At best this represents a lack of creativity, and at worst, deception and theft (please spare me whatever legalise that may exist that makes this legally permissible. It’s still lame and totally unacceptable to not even cite the guy or reach out to him).

IMG_0539.jpeg

I don’t care about their “right” to do this or whatever, it’s remarkably poor form and should be one more strike against Hot Toys. At best this represents a lack of creativity, and at worst, deception and theft (please spare me whatever legalise that may exist that makes this legally permissible. It’s still lame and totally unacceptable to not even cite the guy or reach out to him).

View attachment 704636
HT learning from their Disney masters I see...

In all seriousness, we see big companies (Disney for example) stealing fan work all the time and usually it is whoever they hired when outsourcing to create artwork being lazy and taking others work. If they had any honour they would contact the og artist but that ain't happening, they will just tell whoever photoshopped it to stop stealing fan art as it makes them look bad then call it a day.

Back