1/6 Hot Toys - TMS105 - The Mandalorian: IG-12 + Accessory packages

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, how do these IG droids get their number destinations anyway? I've always thought it was kind of like Terminator where the newer models get higher numbers from the factory. Therefore IG-88 would be a more advanced version of IG-11. Why is this gutted and re-purposed IG-11 mech being called IG-12.? It's driving me crazy.
Why would you assume this in the first place? 😄

So, how do these IG droids get their number destinations anyway? I've always thought it was kind of like Terminator where the newer models get higher numbers from the factory. Therefore IG-88 would be a more advanced version of IG-11. Why is this gutted and re-purposed IG-11 mech being called IG-12.? It's driving me crazy.
It is a case of identity fraud. The real IG-12 must be getting loads of unexplained credit card transactions that he has to call his bank about.

In all seriousness, it is the writers not knowing the lore. IG-88 existed long before this droid was designated IG-12. It is just a stupid name that makes no sense in context.

In-universe, the name seems like it was just made up by Greef. Maybe the real" IG-units are only IG-11, IG-22, IG-33, etc. Who knows!

I want the grogu and Pram, I would have liked this set without all the other fluff, but I think I'd spring for a marshal IG unit down the road, maybe that will be an ex

Back