1/6 Hot Toys -TMS102 - The Clone Wars: Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They couldn't do ROTS Palpatine?

This one is meant to ease the wait for ROTS Palp when it goes up for PO in 2025. I gotta say i didn't see it coming but it makes sense to for Hot Toys to give us a taste of what's to come and make a good use of that Clone Wars 20th anniversary.

This looks both odd and amazing at the same time. Guess I never appreciated that Palpatine was still normal in the clone wars as Sidious. I believe this outfit was based on the senate fight with Yoda in RotS. They used the office duel outfit a few times too on clone wars.

This looks both odd and amazing at the same time. Guess I never appreciated that Palpatine was still normal in the clone wars as Sidious. I believe this outfit was based on the senate fight with Yoda in RotS. They used the office duel outfit a few times too on clone wars.
Different costumes

Still a very cool looking figure, but as everyone else has said, too bad this couldn’t be from ROTS.

Strange that not one single person has pointed out that his eyes should be yellow. They were glowing through the entire scene. Kind of a crucial detail for them to miss. This is “Darth” not Palpatine in his senate clothes.

Good call. That would definitely make the headsculpt a lot more creepy than it already is.

92B229D5-3655-4592-9B54-981A2B66E498.gif

It’s an odd figure but at least it shows they’re still willing to do odd figures instead of just troopers, droids, and Mandos.

Hopefully that means more characters are on the way.

The sculpt has crash landed deep in uncanny valley but I think the figure will still look great on display with a bunch of Coruscant Guard figures and Phase 2 Fox IF THEY’D MADE HIM.

Im all for this release, it looks really nice. Ive got the old SS 2-pack as well i can just mix and match. Now for Savage!

It’s an odd figure but at least it shows they’re still willing to do odd figures instead of just troopers, droids, and Mandos.

Hopefully that means more characters are on the way.

The sculpt has crash landed deep in uncanny valley but I think the figure will still look great on display with a bunch of Coruscant Guard figures and Phase 2 Fox IF THEY’D MADE HIM.
1hgyw5.jpg

Wow, what a pleasant surprise. I never thought about a CW-Sidious from Hot Toys, but I actually like that design a lot more than the ROTS movie version!

I also think that the headsculpt ist pretty great. If there's no re-release of the ROTJ-Emperor, I might just gladly settle for this.

Wasn’t expecting this one at all. The sculpt is definitely just off somewhere but it’s tempting. Not sure I will preorder but may cave when it’s released. Depends on space as much as anything. I would like a normal ep1 sidious more

Last edited:
Back