1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a marketing strategy to try and nab early orders from other retailers before the Ex sells out, after which only the Collector editions are available.

They used to have decent incentives, like a Kenner style gun or even an extra head sculpt.
Well I don’t use the holograms and neither do YouTube reviewers ..so strategy FAIL

Soon as my UK retailer of choice has this up for PO, I'm ordering. Though pricey I'm fairly sure I'll get the version with the throne. It'll be an impressive centrepiece in my collection.
Yep totally. This will be the centrepiece for the Book of Boba display.

Picture it. Fennic on the left with the blue booze. Fat Gamorrean on the right, and maybe a bounty hunter or two on a step behind him. Oh and a 3rd party BBQ grill in the background.

It will be a fine looking display !!

Is the armor he repaints actually different? It looks like the same helmet with the same bumpy texture but he just slapped a coat of paint on top.

I don't think Hot Toys is gonna change anything.

217184343_10160272406507448_458744343449196749_n.jpg
It's the same helmet. But look how much you have to blow up that photo to see that kind of texture. And that's still more subtle than the chunky paint on this Hot Toys figure.

Dx is a no-brainer imo. I'm ok with the price - hell, the IS 1:10 statue will probably be more. The suckiest part is that we won't have this in hand until the end of 2022 (if not early 2023).

Now, if only Hasbro would finally release a 3.75 VC repainted armor Fett that I can put in the :censored Slave 1 .:censored.
:lol

Last edited:
I guess really when you look at it for comparison sake the Hot Toys Emperor figure was $220, and the version with the throne was $314. So $94 difference.

The Boba Fett with throne is still more, but its not as crazy as I initially thought.

Last edited:
I guess really when you look at it for comparison sake the Hot Toys Emperor figure was $220, and the version with the throne was $314. So $106 difference.

The Boba Fett with throne is still more, but its not as crazy as I initially thought.
Do you even math, bro? :lol

I guess really when you look at it for comparison sake the Hot Toys Emperor figure was $220, and the version with the throne was $314. So $106 difference.

$94 :lol :lecture

What I loved about the Fett/throne moment is that it felt right for Fett, and I loved how they started with Bib Fortuna on it. Not sure I need Fennec - just a crumpled Bib Fortuna at Fett's feet.

This look for Fett is also the best to me - better than the "brillo pad" Fett look.

Just thought about if this will fit in a detolf. It will, but might have to initially put it in sideways because of the brackets on the sides. GOOOOOOOOOODDDD.

The black under suit is cool, but I just need the Mando first-appearance, beat-to-hell, pissed-off version. I’m sure the Fett show will bring more looks. Great to see a price point like this.

Like others have said, his armor should look super smooth and matte after the repaint. But, if you don’t want the two pack with Fryer Tuck, this will be good

Last edited:
What I loved about the Fett/throne moment is that it felt right for Fett, and I loved how they started with Bib Fortuna on it. Not sure I need Fennec - just a crumpled Bib Fortuna at Fett's feet.

This look for Fett is also the best to me - better than the "brillo pad" Fett look.

I have a second old Sideshow Bib Fortuna I was going to sell. I guess I can stuff some cotton balls under his clothes and put a blaster shot on him lol.

POed the DX. It was less expensive than I was expecting, although my last code had expired. May end up cancelling the other Boba Deluxe since I don't really need both.

Back