1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent info Matticus.

Strange they released the official flyer with only 3 figures on it this year though. However I guess that could change, or this year really is different with their production issues.

Anyway, as you say more are announced at the con itself, and logic would say that they are typically the ones they would want to keep as normal pre-order for bigger runs.

This actually makes me think JL Cyborg and Mk1 really do still have a chance. The Spiderman Cyborg just seemed like some sort of sick low blow to DC customers, but if they turn around soon with a JL Cyborg then all the salty people will be happy and Hot Toys will again be king.
Jedha wrote "keep following for JL Cyborg" or something like that

It’s HT and it’s Mando.franchise ...I think a general release Armorer is coming with more accessories because they want to milk it for the money

I think the only advantage of getting this version is that it will release by the end of this year

I hope you are right. A second "standard" release with a deluxe version (the forge) would be great. The only other aspect to this release is that may be different is the possibility of distinctive box art instead of that dreary standard SW box art we get figure after figure.

I hope this figure is a huge success (and I hope I'm able to secure one). If so, the chances for other second and third tier characters being produced may improve.

I don't think we'll see a deluxe unless we see the character in later seasons. And considering she's liked by the fans, Favreau and Filoni might bring her back with a high possibility.

I hope you are right. A second "standard" release with a deluxe version (the forge) would be great. The only other aspect to this release is that may be different is the possibility of distinctive box art instead of that dreary standard SW box art we get figure after figure.

I hope this figure is a huge success (and I hope I'm able to secure one). If so, the chances for other second and third tier characters being produced may improve.
the two different Anakins are the prime example that HT will make two versions

Excellent info Matticus.

Strange they released the official flyer with only 3 figures on it this year though. However I guess that could change, or this year really is different with their production issues.

Anyway, as you say more are announced at the con itself, and logic would say that they are typically the ones they would want to keep as normal pre-order for bigger runs.

This actually makes me think JL Cyborg and Mk1 really do still have a chance. The Spiderman Cyborg just seemed like some sort of sick low blow to DC customers, but if they turn around soon with a JL Cyborg then all the salty people will be happy and Hot Toys will again be king.
No problem. I think the labeling has been all over the place for where or when this stuff is shown off announced at. Covid helped at that, but it really is Sideshow's Summer Showcase. No in person SDCC and not sure about ACGHK, but Showcase is on the 15/16 while the Sideshow Con is 19-25. I hope it is the 15th for all of the new HT reveals.

I hope HT does do a Cyborg since the rest of the team is made. Just best to complete it for the collectors, although the figure will be bashed I'm sure.

Armorer will definitely be in Season 3 considering the direction the plot of the show appears to be headed. I wouldn't bank on another figure being made unless her costume changes. And even if it does, I want this version of her from the first two seasons.

When should this be available for PO on sideshow?
Well if not by now on Sideshow, might be on the 15th during the Summer Showcase. Not sure how they did it last year, maybe showed them all off then PO's went up on the site. Toyswonderland have them for PO right now if you want to go that route.

SSC is promoting Cap for the July 4th. Maybe they don't want to undermine it.

The negative comments are the usual why not this figure or that figure. Honestly, most of them just don't know the idea of con exclusives and that the big sellers are not announced yet.
Yep, social media is not necessarily a great metric of how a figure is going to perform unless it's absolute crickets. People can say anything.

Some people will complain about the figure and still buy it. Some people will say they're definitely buying it then don't. Others just chime in about where X character/figure is. People just hate on things for the sake of hating on them, too.

I don't think most people excited about a figure like this are going to be jumping on Facebook to say so in the toxic cesspool that is the comments section.

Armorer will definitely be in Season 3 considering the direction the plot of the show appears to be headed. I wouldn't bank on another figure being made unless her costume changes. And even if it does, I want this version of her from the first two seasons.

Hot Toys loves the Mandalorian, We have 30 something figures from the show in just a couple years. Armorer will definitely be back since she isnt dead and is a major influence on Mando. There is some things to resolve there.

I can't imagine HT passing on making a 2.0 with some added accessories, maybe a headscuplt or shiny armor.

Hot toys 3 loves came out today. Iron man, spider man, mandalorian. I’m amazed at the mass of mandalorian preorders this year. Incredible.

Hot Toys loves the Mandalorian, We have 30 something figures from the show in just a couple years. Armorer will definitely be back since she isnt dead and is a major influence on Mando. There is some things to resolve there.

I can't imagine HT passing on making a 2.0 with some added accessories, maybe a headscuplt or shiny armor.

images

1b3abe055aa0da18570e94a3f6b3f055972a1022.png

I do hope Emily Swallow gets to physically play her un-helmeted in Season 3.

Pretty much the story arc has been chipping away at the most dogmatic Mandalorian rules. Which her tribe in particular clung to.
Yet with the battle to reclaim (and possibly rule) Mandolor as the setup, i'm sure her and (if) anything left of her tribe survived, will return, as well as Bo and Knight owls, and whatever is left of Sabine's sect, and others will all come into play, and all challenge each-others rules/"way".

With Mando likley walking the line between them all.

Last edited:
I personally can’t see HT producing a deluxe version of this figure given that it’s a female character with relatively little screen time (which is what makes it such a great EX). However I wouldn’t be surprised to see HT or, more likely, a third party produce a forge accessory pack.

Didn‘t want to wait on SS for this one so I got in on the 2nd batch at Toys Wonderland.

Now it’s time to tweak the design of the 1/6 Armorer‘s table a bit. I think it may actually look good as a dio with the backdrop. If it does it’ll be the very first backdrop I ever actually use.

View attachment 530267

However I wouldn’t be surprised to see HT or, more likely, a third party produce a forge accessory pack.
Cocoboloboy is working on a table which looks fantastic.

Will need to get some stands from him for these figures too since it's terribly annoying that all the Season 1 Mandalorians (the Din Djarins, The Armorer, Heavy Infantry Mando) come with very different types of stands.

JazzInc seems like a good candidate to do the forge and perhaps the entire room as a diorama if there's enough demand.

I personally can’t see HT producing a deluxe version of this figure given that it’s a female character with relatively little screen time (which is what makes it such a great EX). However I wouldn’t be surprised to see HT or, more likely, a third party produce a forge accessory pack.

Thats what I believe, as well. And when we see her in season 3, I’m of the opinion she’ll probably look to be in rough shape, as well as Paz to show that they’ve been on the run since season 1.

So yeah, battle damaged S3 updated look, if you ask me. But we won’t even get it until at least 2025 at the earliest.

Back