1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like Sideshow removed the pics of Daredevil but left the preorder up, unless my browser will load every other picture but DD. Maybe some issues with likeness rights or something?

Never seen this. Pics And a PO and then they back track. Horse was already out of the barn.

Maybe there was a mistake with the pictures released so they pulled it.
The one released might have been version 1 and wasn't meant to be released.

Let's wait for more information and not over-react .

Overreact? But it's what we do! Maybe they just realized they can't show pictures of a blind man with no ears. That would just be mean.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I know what happened. Someone at Marvel found out DD used to be associated with the Fantastic Four!

fantasticfour39-45s.jpg

Not that this is particularly helpful, but I asked their live chat why the images were removed. This was what they said:

No nothing is wrong with the item he is still available to pre-order, we are just waiting on updated pictures from Hot Toys!

We've had updated pics from HT before, but not a situation I know of where pics were pulled before replacements were ready to go out. So, I'm guessing it is something relatively important. Either a likeness rights thing, or maybe something significant about the figure itself (different material for the suit?). But even in the latter case, HT doesn't always update things. Han Solo still has the earlier (and arguably superior) prototype sculpt, and this Spidey didn't end up with the pleather outfit: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-hot-toys-902189/

I just pre-ordered it a few minutes ago and wondered why the pics disappeared... I'm sure if it was anything that could jeopardize the release SSC would have had to remove the listing entirely. It wasn't removed from any of the other major sites. A little transparency would be nice from HT, but I don't expect it.

It looks like Sideshow removed the pics of Daredevil but left the preorder up, unless my browser will load every other picture but DD. Maybe some issues with likeness rights or something?

I had assumed likeness issues / rights, since there wasn't a single picture that didn't show the mouth area in some way. It's not like they can take down the RDJ pics and leave the IM pics up.

Where did licensing issues rumor even come from?

If it was license issues, they wouldn't sell the product.

Can we stop spreading false rumors, overreacting and just wait?

They're just updating pictures.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whenever people mention something about licencing issues I remember that X-Men First Class McAvoy HT figure and become sad ... ;_;

Back