1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the Defenders is released tonight. If I like what I see, I may wind up getting this fig. We'll see :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the Defenders is released tonight. If I like what I see, I may wind up getting this fig. We'll see :lol

I've got very low expectations for the show given that it is run by Scott Buck...who did a bang up job with Iron Fist... :slap

Edit: I stand corrected. The show isn't EP'd by Scott Buck...but he still sucks.

I've got very low expectations for the show given that it is run by Scott Buck...who did a bang up job with Iron Fist... :slap

Reviews have been positive so far so I got hope. I think they just had no idea what to do with Danny in his solo series..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews have been positive so far so I got hope. I think they just had no idea what to do with Danny in his solo series..

You think???

It's an absolute fact they had no idea!

The show had the potential to be an epic martial arts show, instead we got weak, lame fight scenes.

The first fight scene at the lobby of Rand made my jaw drop...and not in the good way either. I should have known from that poorly executed fight scene to quit the show right then and there... :gah:

The actor who plays Danny Rand is also just plain terrible.

I thought both were too boring to finish, and I didn't even bother watching Jessica Jones. I like Luke Cage himself though, so I'll probably enjoy the team setting more.

Some characters just aren't meant for solo films or series.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones were outstanding. So great. Especially Daredevil.

For the most part I really enjoyed Luke Cage, but it started off strong and got weaker towards the end.

Iron Fist was still enjoyable for me but mediocre too. Started off really really bad but got better towards the end; the opposite of Luke Cage.

I'm expecting Defenders to fall inbetween. Not as great as DD/JJ, but better than LC and IF.

I've enjoyed all the neflix shows so far. I really didn't get the hate for Iron Fist. Yeah, it wasn't great, but I liked the characters. Hope HT tackles all of them eventually.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones were outstanding. So great. Especially Daredevil.

For the most part I really enjoyed Luke Cage, but it started off strong and got weaker towards the end.

Iron Fist was still enjoyable for me but mediocre too. Started off really really bad but got better towards the end; the opposite of Luke Cage.

I'm expecting Defenders to fall inbetween. Not as great as DD/JJ, but better than LC and IF.

I couldn't even finish Luke Cage...ugh.

Daredevil S1 was amazing, S2 was good. Jessica Jones was not good. Luke Cage was bad/boring. Iron Fist was flat-out horrendous. Each show got progressively worse. In my opinion Marvel Netflix is 1 for 4.

I have 0 expectations for The Defenders, but I hope it's good.

I did enjoy DD..JJ and LC. Iron Fist was not good at all. Looking forward to The Defenders tho but I'll keep my expectation low. Lol

I wonder if this figure gets released tonight by HT to coincide with the show.

Shhh! Don't let the people waiting on Ripley hear you:lol

But she's on the show too, so maybe they'll release the Ripley figure as well..:huh

To chime in with my own opinion, I loved both seasons of Daredevil, thought Jessica Jones was really good, and Luke Cage started off great but Diamondback practically ruined the second half. As for Iron Fist, I got through one episode (somehow) and it was the worst TV pilot I've ever seen (no joke). I'm sure it got better (cause I can't imagine worse) but why bother. It ruined my enthusiasm for The Defenders.

I've enjoyed all the neflix shows so far. I really didn't get the hate for Iron Fist. Yeah, it wasn't great, but I liked the characters. Hope HT tackles all of them eventually.

I haven't gotten to Iron Fist yet, but yeah I seem to have enjoyed the other shows a lot more than others have. Daredevil and JJ were clearly the strongest of the batch, but Luke Cage was still a pretty solid show.

But maybe it helps that I'm not a binge watcher and only watch a couple episodes a week at most, so I'm not as likely to get bored or worn out by the storytelling. Or feel like it's too "slow", which seems to be the most common complaint.

I loved all the Marvel Netflix shows, but IF was just terrible. It was the first one I couldn't finish. Got to episode 9 and finally just gave up and wikipedia the rest of the plot. IMO, the writer did a really bad job writing Danny's character. It wasn't so much the actor's fault, it was the writing. Danny just came off as a really whiny and unlikable main cast. The plot was also really boring and add to that the crappy fight choreography and you have a crappy show on your hand.

I thought IF was fun. Not on the same level as the other shows to be sure, but a decent enough action show. Hoping for an actual costume and better scripts in season 2.

Back