1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Punisher and red suit Daredevil don't sell well, there won't be a black suit version.

This isn't directed at anyone here, just a general observation across forums and Facebook; but folks complain that Hot Toys doesn't take on new licenses or figures then when they do, they go "well I'd rather have this version or this companion character so I'll wait". I've seen some people say they're gonna pass on Punisher since he's an easy bash to put together, which is true, but if everyone thinks like that you can forget about a Kingpin or Elektra or anyone else.

If Punisher and red suit Daredevil don't sell well, there won't be a black suit version.

This isn't directed at anyone here, just a general observation across forums and Facebook; but folks complain that Hot Toys doesn't take on new licenses or figures then when they do, they go "well I'd rather have this version or this companion character so I'll wait". I've seen some people say they're gonna pass on Punisher since he's an easy bash to put together, which is true, but if everyone thinks like that you can forget about a Kingpin or Elektra or anyone else.
People are never satisfied and have to complain about something. HT obviously wanted to do The Punisher so it made more sense to have Daredevil in the costume he wore during the season with Punisher. It would be a hell of a lot easier to kit bash Daredevil's vigilante costume rather than this complete outfit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I had to reach out to Sideshow customer service about something several months ago, maybe March. While I had them, I asked them how the Daredevil figure was selling and if I needed to pre-order it sooner rather than later, and they had told me that the figure was selling a lot less than what was anticipated, so I had time to wait. I've since pre-ordered, and it's been a few months so maybe things have changed, but based off that, I highly doubt we'll see a black suit Matt Murdock, or many other of the Defenders at that.

What high end toy manufacturing company do you run?

:lol that's the question there.

His speculation was justified. Hot toys could easily make the figure but based on the supposed sales of this one it doesn't give them the confidence to do a black suit. They would have figures but no one to buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have so many people clamoring for these, myself included and there supposedly aren't enough sales happening? I remember when people thought the announcement for this line was like the 2nd coming of Christ. I'm damn sure there's a huge demand for Daredevil and the rest of the Defenders.

How many people preorder though these days? I admit that I rarely preorder unless it's an exclusive or I can use a bunch of reward points. I want DD, but haven't pre ordered it yet.

Nothing wrong with that train of thought. Buy what you want. If you want a Black DD and not the Red DD, why buy Red? It's not what you want.

I preorder everything I want to buy. Don't care about rewards or coupons when it's something I want anyway. If I build up rewards for buying something I'll use them down the road for something really expensive but for the most part I pay full price cause I think they are worth it. It all evens out after the rewards build up anyway.

There is usually enough time between initial images and preorder for me to decide whether I'll be making a purchase or not. Beyond that I just don't think about it unless there are issues with the figure and there are plenty of early reviews and pics to show what the potential hazards of any figure are so you know what to be careful about.

How many people preorder though these days? I admit that I rarely preorder unless it's an exclusive or I can use a bunch of reward points. I want DD, but haven't pre ordered it yet.

I'm in this group of collectors, I like it a lot, I have every intent to own it someday but I don't have it on preorder.

I'm in this group of collectors, I like it a lot, I have every intent to own it someday but I don't have it on preorder.

I tend to PO within the first week or so it is up. I don't want to miss the opportunity.

Really? That isn't a valid argument.

Like you said it would be easy, so they can easily create/produce and easily charge the same price as this DD and rake in the profit.

:lol that's the question there.

His speculation was justified. Hot toys could easily make the figure but based on the supposed sales of this one it doesn't give them the confidence to do a black suit. They would have figures but no one to buy them.

He's saying it would be easy to do and would easily make Hot toys profit, but like you and the guy HD was responding to have said theres likely no consumers because its an easy option for people to make themselves, his logic is flawed

Pretty much me as well. I own about 15 HTs...and just PO'd my first one last month.

He's saying it would be easy to do and would easily make Hot toys profit, but like you and the guy HD was responding to have said theres likely no consumers because its an easy option for people to make themselves, his logic is flawed

Gotcha.

Yeah it makes no sense to make a figure where there's no market for it. Hot Toys would be digging a hole for themselves. It's business 101

I really want to order this but I have a feeling the mobility/poseability is going to be severely limited. The suit reminds me of my Captain America First Avenger which, while it looks great can hardly be posed in a punch position.

It looks like the armpit area is sewn tightly together. I wish they would use spandex or elastic to connect the arm to the torso clothing to allow for more movement. Especially with DD.

I really want to order this but I have a feeling the mobility/poseability is going to be severely limited. The suit reminds me of my Captain America First Avenger which, while it looks great can hardly be posed in a punch position.

It looks like the armpit area is sewn tightly together. I wish they would use spandex or elastic to connect the arm to the torso clothing to allow for more movement. Especially with DD.

I hear you, just looked over the pics again, hot toys has surprised us before but this is definitely a wait and see release, I have punisher on order though so i'll likely need this too.

I used to be the collector that always had 5 Hot Toys on preorder (I own about 60). Now that money is tight, I only have one or two (Daredevil, which I placed 9 months ago, and Punisher, which I just placed with the $50 coupon). Even in survival mode I'm constantly trying to rationalize my next HT purchase. Do I have a problem? Or is it just my passion?

I used to be the collector that always had 5 Hot Toys on preorder (I own about 60). Now that money is tight, I only have one or two (Daredevil, which I placed 9 months ago, and Punisher, which I just placed with the $50 coupon). Even in survival mode I'm constantly trying to rationalize my next HT purchase. Do I have a problem? Or is it just my passion?

Definitely sounds like a problem. If you're having money woes, but are trying to budget so you can still afford TOYS...then yeah, it's a problem. :slap

Back