1/6 Hot Toys -TMS 092 - Obi-Wan Kenobi series: 501st Legion Clone Trooper (Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and jumped on the waitlist despite not a ton of real interest except for the fact it might end up being a quite rare figure. I’m convinced now that these waitlists are mostly for real ever since the clone pilot and trooper have hit and show no signs of resurrecting. It reminds me a bit of how there were just insane amounts of TFA figures and then Hot Toys way overcompensated and really underproduced a lot of the Rogue One figures that came next. Like why does it have to be they can only make either 10,000 or 1,000,000 of a figure with no sweet spot in between? You would think they have tons of market research and such to draw on for these decisions.

I went ahead and jumped on the waitlist despite not a ton of real interest except for the fact it might end up being a quite rare figure. I’m convinced now that these waitlists are mostly for real ever since the clone pilot and trooper have hit and show no signs of resurrecting. It reminds me a bit of how there were just insane amounts of TFA figures and then Hot Toys way overcompensated and really underproduced a lot of the Rogue One figures that came next. Like why does it have to be they can only make either 10,000 or 1,000,000 of a figure with no sweet spot in between? You would think they have tons of market research and such to draw on for these decisions.

If you need a retailer to order from feel free to PM me. Some still available as of the time of this post.

And agreed. That’s what I’ve been saying for a while now in urging folks to preorder as a precaution and not miss out.

This is indeed very similar to the post-TFA/RO period with Hot Toys and their distributors basing decisions partly on the excess of figures sitting around like the TFA line.

We’re going to be seeing smaller production runs and smaller lineups for a while, till the next big thing down the road causes overproduction to happen again.

Not gauging demand properly is not just on Hot Toys though; this is all partly based on the distributors as well since production numbers also depend on how much regional distributors order for themselves and their retailers.

And since they over-ordered on figures these past few years, some - especially Sideshow - are now ordering fewer quantities as a response.

Has this been delayed? On Sideshow website it’s now saying June - August 2024
It was shown in the upcoming releases by Hot Toys at the end of the year so I would think it’s going to be soon but with the holiday coming up in HK it’s possible.

I could have seen myself getting a couple had they kept the same shade of blue but i'll definitely pass on this one and save for the forthcoming AT-RT set.

oh dang it. I need it. They reverted to the old abdomen. Dang it…..

1712610465324.png

I could have seen myself getting a couple had they kept the same shade of blue but i'll definitely pass on this one and save for the forthcoming AT-RT set.

Same, I wouldn't of been able to contain myself lol.

This blue (while accurate to the show), just doesn't match the rest of the TCW clones they've released.

Looks solid and happy they went back to the original abdomen.

I am actually didappointed they switched to the Lucas era belly blate. I don't get why when it is a Disney era trooper that should have I lines not Y lines. It isn't like they didn't have the tooling. They showed the correct belly in proto pics and the Purge trooper had the correct belly so it is strange that they intentionally switched to the Lucas style one. That and the fact it has wrong blaster models but I forgive that simply because I like the new style weapons... still, accurate weapon models would have been nice since so far no Hot Toys live action clone has had the correct weapons. Hot Toys are really wrird and frustrating sometimes. Still, I look forward to getting this trooper in hand and comparing the Andor version weapons to the ones I made, see if I missed any details.

Perfect figure. Regret not ordering a copy.
i perceive it as an alright representation of the battlefront 2 original video game version. If I had this, even though it’s a neat and interesting new design, it would be displayed with a CW/HT normal short blaster.

IMG_5344.jpeg

To everyone stating the crew of Kenobi were “consciously using another hue of blue/cyan to create a Disney 501st version!!!!!!!”

Before you scream “oh you changed it completely to fit your narrative!!”:
I adjusted the following to max
- clarity
- brightness
- removal of shadows

Your perception of how a 501st blue hue looks like is simply a matter of how we, you included, perceive colours in dark settings. Be thankful we were not given the dark GOT treatment in ROTS.

Here is a picture I think we all have seen before, don’t know where it is from but I am certain it originates from when ROTS was released. Probably form a Lucas Film promotion. In essence, thus is how the actual blue/cyan looks like in Star Wars under normal light circumstances:
1712994382615.jpeg

I can go on but this colour code from the Kenobi show aligns with all 501st media produced during in conjunction with the release of ROTS (eg above; Hasbro toys; Battlefront 2 clone model).

Now, can we all agree upon this is a real neat clone to add to our collection?

Attachments

• IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 0
Back