1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Sith Porg?

Capitan-Harlock-film-recensione-3.jpg

Yep! :rock

:D

What are these comments lol

Star Wars has always been heavily influenced by Kendo and Asian films like Hidden Fortress. This isn't some new cash grab thing lol.
Right? Vader's armor is modeled after samurai armor. I thought every fan would know that by now. Asian influences in Star Wars have been present from the start.

Right? Vader's armor is modeled after samurai armor. I thought every fan would know that by now. Asian influences in Star Wars have been present from the start.

Of course. But lately they have really stepped up their game. First it was the blind stick fighting donnie yen taking down an entire company of laser blaster wielding storm troopers. Now this way too obvious armor design complete with traditional weapons.

Really only his helmet, and it got watered down for final production. And he never wielded a naginata nor a katana, though a lightsaber could be associated with a shinai.

I don't know if it's a deliberate bid to garner eastern audiences, or whether the designers just thought it was cool to make their lobster men look like Japanese warriors or Kendo practicioners.

It might not be as deliberate as getting Donald Duck onto the faces of the First Order troopers. :p

Of course. But lately they have really stepped up their game. First it was the blind stick fighting donnie yen taking down an entire company of laser blaster wielding storm troopers. Now this way too obvious armor design complete with traditional weapons.

I forgot about him. And his friend.

Budget Stark has often mentioned that in Hong Kong and China HT Star Wars haven't been too popular compared to other franchises.

I think they just thought it was a cool design. I think they're cool too. Not in love with them but I appreciate the effort in trying something different.

Really only his helmet, and it got watered down for final production. And he never wielded a naginata nor a katana, though a lightsaber could be associated with a shinai.

I don't know if it's a deliberate bid to garner eastern audiences or whether the designers just thought it was a cool look to make their lobster men look like Japanese warriors or Kendo practicioners.

It might not be as deliberate as getting Donald Duck onto the faces of the First Order troopers. :p

:lol

Kylo looks kinda cool, although I'm not digging the cape. I agree that the first outfit was better.
The guards are still pretty weak IMHO, I also agree that the designers went too far with the samurai thing. Should be cool to see them in action, though.

I think this new Kylo Ren outfit gives the character a more mature look. While I still think the first design is cool it definitely always felt like someone who was still figuring out what sort of presence they wanted to have around his troops and the people he wanted to intimidate. His look here now reflects someone of authority and also the appearance of regality. It doesn't just feel like a wardrobe change for a new movie. The character is evolving. I'm digging it.

The quilted tunic is lame. They should have done something like Anakin's ROTS concept art.

rotsani01.jpg

rotsani02.jpg

I mean honestly does it matter? People want changes and to have diverse casts which is what these films are doing. People complained before about Star Wars being only for boys and for having predominantly white casts. Now they're throwing in strong female leads and people of different ethnicities. The armor designs I also feel are would evolve over time so I don't see a problem with how it looks either.

The quilt is a throw back to Vader. Again, feeding into Kylo's obsession with his grandfather.

I'm happy with the first version. The cape just seems too much like a Vader thing so I like that the one from TFA has the hooded shawl thing to differentiate the two. I also don't want to see Adam Driver's ugly ass face on my shelf. :lol

And why is Kylo Ren holding his lightsaber like it's an actual metal sword in these pics, wouldn't it just melt through the floor if it was being held that way?

I didn't want any Star Wars figures as it's a collecting abyss easy to fall into. Now I want RoTJ Luke, Vader, Rey and this. The kneeling down poses have really sold me on the figure.

I'm 100% getting this Kylo Ren. His articulation looks pretty good. I know many figures from TFA especially troopers struggled. Can't wait for TLJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylo rockin' the Count Dooku look.

I assume this is the movie where Kylo will loose his hand. He can't be Darth Vader without losing his hand... then again, can Rey be a Skywalker without losing one of hers too!

Maybe it will be a two-fer!

Back