1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: ASSAULT TANK COMMANDER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: TANK COMMANDER

Makes sense. Imperial troops have rarely been depicted as smart guys in the movies after all :lol

Since this guy is a Shoretrooper w different helmet, gonna pass....or gonna try to buy just a helmet! LOL

Since this guy is a Shoretrooper w different helmet, gonna pass....or gonna try to buy just a helmet! LOL

Wait so you're going to buy an entire additional Shoretrooper and then the Tank Commander's helmet separately to stick on it? Why not just buy the Tank Commander itself so you have the total figure from top to bottom (with correct coloring) right out of the box? :confused:

Wait so you're going to buy an entire additional Shoretrooper and then the Tank Commander's helmet separately to stick on it? Why not just buy the Tank Commander itself so you have the total figure from top to bottom (with correct coloring) right out of the box? :confused:

I think he is just trying to make a point that most of the figure is the same as the Shoretrooper. Personally, this is the last figure I am waiting on for the RO line. Hope it doesn't get buried as I honestly think starting from Fall it will be mostly TLJ and Han Solo figures for a while.

And then when Infinity War gets released with its 60+ superheroes that appear on screen we'll never see another Star Wars figure again.

:lol :lol

Out of curiosity I did just pop in that scene with Closed Captioning subtitles turned on. According to those the driver does say "hit the terrorist." Oh man now I'm getting sucked into the movie all over again. :lol

Is that true? Sure sounded like 'terrace' to me -- looks like a terrace too.

But 'terrace' is a funny word for a soldier to say. Then again, as someone pointed out, 'hit the terrorist' is an odd and obvious statement.

Does it translate what he says when he gets shot?

Yeah, sorry, I was not being very clear....at all. If I see someone parting out a Tank Commander dude, will try to score just a head! And yeah, maybe thats crap. Need at least the upper chest armor too. Boy, I wish these were still $125 each!!!!

I think he is just trying to make a point that most of the figure is the same as the Shoretrooper. Personally, this is the last figure I am waiting on for the RO line. Hope it doesn't get buried as I honestly think starting from Fall it will be mostly TLJ and Han Solo figures for a while.

Thanks, yes, exactly. HT better release that other Asian dude...ordered the first one wanting the complete bromance set. Loved those two in Rogue one!

Although it is the basic Shoretrooper armor, there are quite a few differences other than the helmet. Especially with the Shoretrooper that has been released already.

Primarily, all the colors are different. The Shoretrooper is all browns, and the tank commander is all black and white. Obviously the armor paint schemes are different, but in addition, the pants are black and the boots are white.

Second, the belt is completely different. It does match the belt worn by the "squad leader" Shoretrooper, but not the one that has been released. The cloth part is black, the box arrangement is different and there is a buckle type greeblie on front that is different. It is also missing the vertical cylinder that the Shoretrooper has.

Anyway, if you were just planning on displaying the helmet, that would be cool, but if you were planning on swapping and turning your Shoretrooper into a tank commander, probably more work and cost than it's worth, plus it wouldn't really be reversible.

Is that true? Sure sounded like 'terrace' to me -- looks like a terrace too.

But 'terrace' is a funny word for a soldier to say. Then again, as someone pointed out, 'hit the terrorist' is an odd and obvious statement.

Does it translate what he says when he gets shot?

Yeah that's what the captioning said. Maybe the gunner had to get authorization from the commander to obliterate a civilian building and the commander was all "screw collateral damage, just take out the terrorist."

I don't recall it saying anything when he got shot unless it was something like "Trooper screams." :lol

Although it is the basic Shoretrooper armor, there are quite a few differences other than the helmet. Especially with the Shoretrooper that has been released already.

Primarily, all the colors are different. The Shoretrooper is all browns, and the tank commander is all black and white. Obviously the armor paint schemes are different, but in addition, the pants are black and the boots are white.

Second, the belt is completely different. It does match the belt worn by the "squad leader" Shoretrooper, but not the one that has been released. The cloth part is black, the box arrangement is different and there is a buckle type greeblie on front that is different. It is also missing the vertical cylinder that the Shoretrooper has.

Anyway, if you were just planning on displaying the helmet, that would be cool, but if you were planning on swapping and turning your Shoretrooper into a tank commander, probably more work and cost than it's worth, plus it wouldn't really be reversible.

Good points.........as much as I would love to have all armored figures, guess I am gonna try and say, 'no' to this guy. Very cool design all the way, though

Yeah that's what the captioning said. Maybe the gunner had to get authorization from the commander to obliterate a civilian building and the commander was all "screw collateral damage, just take out the terrorist."

I don't recall it saying anything when he got shot unless it was something like "Trooper screams." :lol

Is it in the novelization?

I like "Hit the terrorist" better than "Hit the terrace"...

It's too specific for a trooper. Like him saying: Hit that fantatsic veranda! :lol

*checks novel*

That tank attack in the novel is described from Jyn's POV and she was too busy helping the little girl to hear anything the tank commander said.

:duff Thanks for checking. I saw some fan script having it say "Hit the tower." The little girl scene is an almost eye-roll moment for me. I know there was no place for it later, but I think it felt a bit forced since we had just seen Jyn as a little girl like 15 movie minutes before that.

I like "Hit the terrorist" better than "Hit the terrace"...

It's too specific for a trooper. Like him saying: Hit that fantatsic veranda! :lol

:lol

:duff Thanks for checking. I saw some fan script having it say "Hit the tower." The little girl scene is an almost eye-roll moment for me. I know there was no place for it later, but I think it felt a bit forced since we had just seen Jyn as a little girl like 15 movie minutes before that.

I think I've seen maybe you and Wor-Gar criticizing that scene before (no surprise from Wor-Gar since he *hates* Jyn. :monkey3) I'm kind of surprised because I feel like that moment plays pretty authentic with all the chaos that just spontaneously erupted in a crowded marketplace. I would have thought that her taking out all the troopers with that little baton would have drawn more ire.

It's not really a knock on her. Just feels inserted by the filmmakers more than anything. I'm really used to Star Wars (OT) not having kids so they stick out like a sore thumb to me when they do show up.

My only beef with the baton part was that it seemed like a ripoff of Finn's reaction to seeing Rey take on those thugs. Seemed really strange to copy that same moment with the male lead reacting like "Hm, she can take care of herself." Take out the Luna reaction shot and it'd be fine for me.

It's not really a knock on her. Just feels inserted by the filmmakers more than anything. I'm really used to Star Wars (OT) not having kids so they stick out like a sore thumb to me when they do show up.

Oh yes I'm with you there as I absolutely loathed how every damn frame of the PT seemed crammed with stupid little kiddos. :lol It helps when I remember that you do see kids in the background of two shots on Cloud City though. Not front and center by any means but they're there.

My only beef with the baton part was that it seemed like a ripoff of Finn's reaction to seeing Rey take on those thugs. Seemed really strange to copy that same moment with the male lead reacting like "Hm, she can take care of herself." Take out the Luna reaction shot and it'd be fine for me.

Ha, yes I suppose that scene is pretty close to Finn watching Rey beat up the goons. My initial problem with it wasn't that she was kicking ass with a stick but that she was kicking ass with a stick *with a perfectly good gun in her other hand.* Though you know what literally as I type this I'm realizing that when she first extends the baton she is holding the silver pistol she got on Yavin in her other hand but after she beats on a few troopers she actually switches to a ST rifle and blasts the last two plus that K-2 droid. Now I wonder if we are supposed to assume her pistol had run out of ammo?

Anyway on the blu-ray Felicity said that Jyn was using the baton because she hates Stormtroopers so much she actually enjoys beating on them so after that I didn't mind it so much.

I know this isn't 1/6, but this just arrived and made my day, my favorite helmet design of all time.
78fd1a913ced03dbeb1f08482bbbacf0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back