1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Coco.

Since I'm almost on deck could someone please provide a quick tutorial on how to remove the HT belt from the HT dress and put it on Cindy's dress?

This is true art! The undressing parts terrorizes me as I have fat hands. I wish my Leia had one of the amazing custom dresses on now!

Just a heads up that I didn't have to break the glue joint on the belt when I switched dresses. It's possible to slide the hot toys dress out through the belt as I recall, and then the new dress can possibly be carefully slid through.

Looks great Coco.

Since I'm almost on deck could someone please provide a quick tutorial on how to remove the HT belt from the HT dress and put it on Cindy's dress?

Above is what TonTon did.

I broke the glue joint on my belt and then put super thin, self adhesive Velcro on each piece. Works like a charm, especially since I’ll be taking it on and off for each dress fitting before I package them. I’d be more than happy to include one of the Velcro discs that just need to be cut to fit in case you end up breaking the joint too.

Above is what TonTon did.

I broke the glue joint on my belt and then put super thin, self adhesive Velcro on each piece. Works like a charm, especially since I’ll be taking it on and off for each dress fitting before I package them. I’d be more than happy to include one of the Velcro discs that just need to be cut to fit in case you end up breaking the joint too.

So the easiest way to remove the dress is to remove the arms and legs from the Leia figure first -- both pop off, the legs with a rotation at the hips, and the arms by just pulling. Then the dress can be pulled up through the belt and then the new dress would be slipped back through the belt. But sounds like Coco's Velcro button is a good (and easier) option as well.

I didn’t have to remove any limbs by breaking the belt joint. I simply positioned the arms straight up and slid the dress straight up and off. Then the new dress slides right down the same way and the belt Velcros right back in place.

Probably pros and cons to each way. For me, since I have to put on and remove over 30 dresses, the Velcro belt was my best option.

I didn’t have to remove any limbs by breaking the belt joint. I simply positioned the arms straight up and slid the dress straight up and off. Then the new dress slides right down the same way and the belt Velcros right back in place.

Probably pros and cons to each way. For me, since I have to put on and remove over 30 dresses, the Velcro belt was my best option.

Coco, would you be able to post a pic of the velcro pieces that you used?

Coco, would you be able to post a pic of the velcro pieces that you used?

Here ya go. They’re very thin, self adhesive dots that you cut to fit the belt.

5CA75F37-2F22-44C4-A522-55B39912D97D.jpeg

UPDATED

Leia Dress

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (ready soon)
Scifi67
pjam
drjedisith
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Jaymig926
Starfury1984
maru81
Scifi67
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
DarthAlias
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas

Hi Coco. Can you please add me to the list as well if you are still taking orders? Thank you! :)

I suspect Cindy will get a few more done this week and if I can find time tomorrow night I’ll inspect and put a wire in a couple more and get them ready to ship.

UPDATED

Leia Dress

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (ready soon)
Scifi67 (ready soon)
pjam
drjedisith
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Jaymig926
Starfury1984
maru81
Scifi67
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
DarthAlias
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas
maccol
JB24

Thank you Coco! Do you also have more details regarding the "no poof" display stand for Leia?

The dress arrived today! I hope to be able to set up the figure tomorrow and will take pics.

Thanks again for this project, Coco!! :duff

Yes, pics, please.

Thank you Coco! Do you also have more details regarding the "no poof" display stand for Leia?

All I have so far is my prototype that I’ve been using for pics of each Freak’s dress as I get them wired. It’s the same tube support but positioned directly beneath the figure with a custom bent wire grabber that fits snugly on the pelvis front and back.

It works great. Keeps the figure solidly in place, is completely hidden and allows the dress to drape naturally all the way around. I’m going to make them in the style of the Tantive IV hallway just like in the pic.

C6BB191C-1CC4-4C77-8AFF-8B0D29D76424.jpeg

UPDATED

Leia Dress $85

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (ready soon)
Scifi67
pjam
drjedisith
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Jaymig926
Starfury1984
maru81
Scifi67
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
DarthAlias
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas
maccol
JB24
Jack Bauer

Coco, I just realized we're both in OK! I like your custom figure stands, too. I'd love to buy a few in the future if you sell them!

Back