1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice dress (all of them ;))
But I thought over another dress - from the classic poster
1-star-wars-poster.jpg

No one tried to sew it?

That’s the dress from the medal ceremony at the end.

If anyone is looking for this, please send me a PM. I have to get rid of all my figures and I'd like this one to go to a good home.

ETA: Still available!!

Anybody have any idea why a figure would have a weird smell after being in box for a while? I took out and it has a sort of "electronics" smell...almost like a leaking battery. Really strange

Does anyone have the KO Fire Toys Leia? The blaster on my genuine Leia got broken, and I was wondering if the Fire version would be good enough quality to replace it.

Anybody have any idea why a figure would have a weird smell after being in box for a while? I took out and it has a sort of "electronics" smell...almost like a leaking battery. Really strange

Was it ever displayed, or in a humid atmosphere?
it could be some small buildup of mould.
take the figure out and spray it liberally with a non-bleach anti-mould spray. I have done this on occasion. It has to be non-bleach.

Was it ever displayed, or in a humid atmosphere?
it could be some small buildup of mould.
take the figure out and spray it liberally with a non-bleach anti-mould spray. I have done this on occasion. It has to be non-bleach.

I had it in a detolf for a while and it does get pretty humid. It's the only one I've had with that smell. I've only ever noticed that smell with old electronics that have batteries or capacitors melting away. I'll see if that works

I had it in a detolf for a while and it does get pretty humid. It's the only one I've had with that smell. I've only ever noticed that smell with old electronics that have batteries or capacitors melting away. I'll see if that works

It could be a few things. But if you take the figure from the packaging and it’s definite the figure the smell is coming from, then all I can think of is mould.
the spray I got was this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Problem-So...282328?hash=item2614e49698:g:u4YAAOSwTxJcABZA
i have tested it on several figures that I had in a shelf at work and it has never damaged any clothing or left any marks. And I absolutely soaked them with it then let them dry in a warm room.

It could be a few things. But if you take the figure from the packaging and it’s definite the figure the smell is coming from, then all I can think of is mould.
the spray I got was this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Problem-So...282328?hash=item2614e49698:g:u4YAAOSwTxJcABZA
i have tested it on several figures that I had in a shelf at work and it has never damaged any clothing or left any marks. And I absolutely soaked them with it then let them dry in a warm room.

I'll try to find some of that stuff. It's definitely coming from the figure itself and not any of the packaging. I read about some figures having off gassing of the materials and wonder if that could be it also. Strange that it's only this figure, though

I'll try to find some of that stuff. It's definitely coming from the figure itself and not any of the packaging. I read about some figures having off gassing of the materials and wonder if that could be it also. Strange that it's only this figure, though

Yeah. Just make sure it’s a non-bleach mould spray.

Back