1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, she looked good but I have the Yunsil dress and her little hair tendrils, which are really sharp, seemed like they were digging into the collar so quickly took it off.

Good thing you noticed before it was too late!

Not sure where best to post these pics but messing around with my Jyn Erso figure (really not a fan of the sculpt), this happened. Seems like it would make a pretty badass Leia figure. Amazing the difference a solid head sculpt makes on a figure.

View attachment 434182
View attachment 434184
View attachment 434185
View attachment 434186
View attachment 434187
View attachment 434189

Hey look at that - you hate my guts and I'm about to praise your photographs - Great mash-up photos Ton Ton. Totally on board with what you've done here. This reminds me of Splinter of the Mind's Eye. So much you can do with that sculpt. Really good work.

Hey look at that - you hate my guts and I'm about to praise your photographs - Great mash-up photos Ton Ton. Totally on board with what you've done here. This reminds me of Splinter of the Mind's Eye. So much you can do with that sculpt. Really good work.

:lol And here are some more. Doesn't work as well as the ANH sculpt (but I've always preferred that one). This seems to have a bit more of a bobble-head feel without the poncho as the sculpt is a tad larger, closer in size to Jyn.

hoth-leia-erso-1.jpg
hoth-leia-erso-2.jpg
hoth-leia-erso-3.jpg
hoth-leia-erso-4.jpg

Second prototype with the new material.

View attachment 434412
View attachment 434413

The one thing that’s worth pointing out, and I’m not sure how involved it gets for the seamstress, but one of the things that really drew me to the Yunsil dress was the many folds achieved in the belt area.

Those pleats need to be sewn in for that effect, so it’s likely a lot of work on the dressmakers’ part, but it is a defining characteristic of Leia’s dress.

Material looks great and pattern otherwise looks spot on.

New dress looks great Coco! As for the pleats, all I did for mine was thread some thread around the middle (and underneath the belt), which made it a lot easier to cinch the fabric. And that way you can also adjust it after the dress is on, instead of having to squeeze on the dress with the waste already cinched, like with the HT dress.

Second prototype with the new material.

View attachment 434412

Dress is looking very nice!

I did notice that you Han shirt is yellowing at the opening - oddly, the one on my figure is fine, but the "back-up" shirt I bought when it became evident the yellowing might happen... has turned yellow.:lol I also got a few tiny spots of white fuzz on my Han vest - not sure if it was mold or something else - fortunately I had a back-up vest. I have had a number of black 1/6 cloth items get a similar white fuzz though - maybe something in the black dye the factories use.

The one thing that’s worth pointing out, and I’m not sure how involved it gets for the seamstress, but one of the things that really drew me to the Yunsil dress was the many folds achieved in the belt area.

Those pleats need to be sewn in for that effect, so it’s likely a lot of work on the dressmakers’ part, but it is a defining characteristic of Leia’s dress.

Material looks great and pattern otherwise looks spot on.

Sewn pleats might help. It’s probably more a matter of me futzing it properly though. The material bunches quite easily under the belt.

C1E4CE1C-0307-49BE-BB6B-0DE3D2C02E3E.jpeg

Dress is looking very nice!

I did notice that you Han shirt is yellowing at the opening - oddly, the one on my figure is fine, but the "back-up" shirt I bought when it became evident the yellowing might happen... has turned yellow.:lol I also got a few tiny spots of white fuzz on my Han vest - not sure if it was mold or something else - fortunately I had a back-up vest. I have had a number of black 1/6 cloth items get a similar white fuzz though - maybe something in the black dye the factories use.

I like it so far! Yeah, that stupid wire caused that I guess. I’m surprised both of yours haven’t yellowed.

She looks exquisite! The new gown makes all the difference and really does justice to the sculpt.

The flow is superb. The one thing I can suggest is to tighten the torso area a little bit. She seems a little bit overweight, I couldn't get the exact word but you get the idea.

So other than the wire for the hood this looks really, really good on the shelf so I’m calling it done.

I have a list of names that may be interested and Cindy has agreed to make more of these. :yess: The cost will be $85 shipped in the CONUS. International shipping will be extra based on location.

I’ll just work down the list as she gets one made and contact people then. Any who are interested are welcome to post in this thread or pm me.

So other than the wire for the hood this looks really, really good on the shelf so I’m calling it done.

I have a list of names that may be interested and Cindy has agreed to make more of these. :yess: The cost will be $85 shipped in the CONUS. International shipping will be extra based on location.

I’ll just work down the list as she gets one made and contact people then. Any who are interested are welcome to post in this thread or pm me.

I'm In!

Back