1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys needs to drop the eventual degrading rubber arms completely

Some are.

Sarah Connor.
qf2YJ1d.jpg

I'm guessing having the arms in bent poses for extended periods of time won't help.

I'm guessing having the arms in bent poses for extended periods of time won't help.

Although I haven't heard anything about Dutch having problems. I guess it's different rubber thicknesses?

I have the Ada Wong figure, and I'm never bending her arms.

So classic museum poses for me with this fig it'll be. Which I don't mind. Looks great. Thanks.

I display all my stuff pretty much in museum poses anyway, I just wish I could put the rifle on his shoulder like the film.

For me, he looks too skinny. Arnold had way more muscle on those days.

Definitely needs more beefcake. But it isn't that bad, he does have a little mass on him at least.

uCvUlQJ.jpg

Very excited for this. But I'm curious about other's concerns about the rubber arms. Never owned a fig with rubber arms. Are they that prone to damage over time?
I owned a Dutch for years, didn't leave him in the "museum pose", and never had a problem.

I've said it before; I'd rather not own a figure than forever leave it in the "styrofoam coffin" pose for fear of damaging it.

so in other words,you have an unposeable figure standing on your shelf

Yeah rubber arms are ass. Forces us to keep them straight.

But it's funny when people get mad when it cracks from a bent position... of course it's going to crack, it's crappy rubber.

Their recent issues with the ED dome doesn't help me be convinced of HT's rubber madness.

This looks amazing. This looks to be one of the best Arnold likenesses ever. I am also loving the amount of accessories he comes with. That's a lot of weapons. Funny thing is, when I first saw the pics I was like "yes, this is an instant purchase." The more I think about it, however, I am going to have take a "wait and see" approach. If Batman Returns and Ripley are announced soon then those may just have to take priority. In any event, 2015 is already starting to look like a very expensive year for HT figures.

This is the first time in a long while we've seen an Arnold with sculpted eyes (just one eye on the 238 doesn't really count), and it really looks great. The hair is so well done too. The HT Arnies keep getting better (with little dips along the way).

The rubber arms make it bittersweet though. I want to do dynamic poses with this guy, I'm not a statue collector.

Eh, not a problem. The skinny upper forearms bother me more than anything else.

I wish his right arm could be popped out for another rubber arm that is sculpted bent to get that "main" over the shoulder look.

Back