1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that it's just the lighting/photoshop job that's making him look like a transvestite and he aint going to look like that in person

528401_465953380144317_1222498959_n.jpg

Looks like it could just be the photo's :dunno

i dont think its the lighting its the face lifts, botox and eyebrow shaping that seems to be slys beauty regime thats slightly creepy.....but thats hot toys level of realism for you

i dont think its the lighting its the face lifts, botox and eyebrow shaping that seems to be slys beauty regime thats slightly creepy.....but thats hot toys level of realism for you
Yeah, the actor just looks creepy nowadays. HT isn't really making things much worse IMO, though I do think the first Barney looked more like nu Sly.

The new one looks more tanned and less sunken-faced and the head looks wider imo

This is Sly now. so it looks pretty accurate to me

Dunno, apart from being a little puffier in the face I dont think Stallones changed that much over the past 20 years :dunno

Dunno, apart from being a little puffier in the face I dont think Stallones changed that much over the past 20 years :dunno
In Copland I think he still looked like a normal person (roided up, sure, but in the face he looked pretty normal to me). Now he looks pretty freaky to me with all the facelifts he's had over the last decade or so. Not Michael Jackson freaky, but borderline Joan Rivers freaky.

Looks pretty cool. It's just a good ol' popcorn movie though so I don't see myself spending $200 on a collectible from it. Unless they make Arnold, of course. Okay, maybe Van Damme too.

In Copland I think he still looked like a normal person (roided up, sure, but in the face he looked pretty normal to me). Now he looks pretty freaky to me with all the facelifts he's had over the last decade or so. Not Michael Jackson freaky, but borderline Joan Rivers freaky.

Yep, he has not allowed himself to age gracefully (naturally).

I can kind of understand why he's done that. One of the best examples of a male losing his looks and movie offers is Robert Redford. Maybe if he injected more botox into his face he could have had a more successful career past the early '80s. But. . .that stuff still makes people look freaky as all hell.

I dunno, I really like both headsculpts.

Always have to be SOoooooo POOOSITVE. This is true Sylvester in all glory and mustaches an brows. I'm only buy for everything and throw head in bin.

Wonder about the tattoos.

SnakeDoc

I'm also curious about the tattoo body.
They say it in the specs that the body will have the tattoos.

karamozov80 said:
I don't know about that. Their Dastan was pretty horrible, and the Superman 2-in-1 looked nothing like Routh at all. The Aliens guys also had bad likenesses in most cases but they might all be attributable to rights issues.

I'm not sure if you owned Dastan but I felt in hand it looked great. 2-in-1 Superman looks like Routh when repainted IMO. Idk about the Alien marines since I never owned them or had any interest in Alien to even look at past figs. I still think their 1/4 Bruce Wayne Sculpt looks nothing like Bale but they could be tweaking it so it just comes down to how it looks in the final production piece

Back