1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to post this here since people were thinking about doing this.

942304_452631254824248_2001365740_n.jpg

Look to your ELDER, people! Let him be an example...*points staff at Flynn*

The helmet design concerns me. I've already had some bad experiences with the 3A Halo Spartan.

Ok, I keep hearing there is a helmet issue and that a 'tab' is really easy to break, anyone care to offer pics or a few more details?

so this guy arrived today, I can't put him into any dynamic pose yet (busy day) but i'll get to it

DSC02501_zps89ca0199.jpg

DSC02504_zps764946ac.jpg

DSC02503_zpsf3da4e26.jpg

DSC02505_zps4a89a6f7.jpg

DSC02506_zps88199256.jpg

DSC02508_zps9665402c.jpg

DSC02509_zps89c2fca0.jpg

DSC02514_zps27e4fcd5.jpg

DSC02515_zps8ebec0de.jpg

my MARVELOUS display...heh...get it?
DSC02528_zpse910a0a7.jpg

ha! sorry about that, darkchylde, i should know better than to make gender assumptions ~ as one chick to another.

looking forward to your pics!

; D

:lol no worries

Onto the pics, all quick and dirty so no prize winners here. Overall this figure is epic, but for me it has its issues.

Neither of my issues are the helmet as it didn't cause me much hassle to be honest. I found it easier leaving the helmet complete, warming it up so it was supple and then just pulling the sides out over Loki's head. Worked for me at least :D

1st issue You can see that Loki is much smaller than Thor, yet this figure is still quite broad and big. Some of it could be down to the clothes bulk, but for me he's a little bigger than he should be.

2nd issue I don't know if anyone else has this but his head looks like it's perched on the neck where it begins to narrow?

5072E2FE_zpsf468375c.jpg

I went with helmet as it hides the neck issue and makes him look so much more badass imo

0DDDD4C5_zps1fbd0e6c.jpg

Loki certainly has a lot of presence!

35B8BB0D_zps3e9bac23.jpg

The detail on the outfit is pretty great to be fair to Hot Toys and falls nicely when posing.

75E8DE68_zps567e8cfa.jpg

B633C732_zps1e8eda47.jpg

Lastly one with his brother :D

76BA83B8_zpsbdd5f461.jpg

2nd issue I don't know if anyone else has this but his head looks like it's perched on the neck where it begins to narrow?

I noticed that on OMG'S pics when he showed them, didn't like how it looked. Still looking forward to this guy as he's one of the only things i liked about the avengers movie that and the mark 7.

The only other issue i see is his head looks like the size of a pea. Maybe its because of the amount of clothing and bulk to them or how broad his shoulders are, but in some pictures its more noticeable than others.

Definitely, that's why I'm displaying him with the helmet as it seems to balance everything out a bit better but the neck did really annoy me as it seems like such a small thing to get right!

Neither of the issues I have with this figure make me want to sell him, he is still an epic figure just has a couple of Hot Toyisms :D

Darkchylde way of putting the helmet is a better way than HTs I was going to do the same. But I just thought I,d try HT,S method at least once lol is darn hard ,but in the end managed it. But never going to be easy if guys are struggling to put DX12's cape. Lol and yes these tabs are tiny so breakage is possible.

Great pics there folks! :clap

1st issue You can see that Loki is much smaller than Thor, yet this figure is still quite broad and big. Some of it could be down to the clothes bulk, but for me he's a little bigger than he should be.

I believe his bulky costume makes him look as big as T. They look almost the same.

TA_GS_zpsdf062251.png

Agree, it does look funny.

TA_LampT_zpsf259cb0f.png

Definitely, that's why I'm displaying him with the helmet as it seems to balance everything out a bit better but the neck did really annoy me as it seems like such a small thing to get right!

Neither of the issues I have with this figure make me want to sell him, he is still an epic figure just has a couple of Hot Toyisms :D

i think the neck thing may be exacerbated by the illusion of narrowing caused by the hair (the way it's currently hanging). if it's soft like thors, it might be worth trying to futz more outward. might help.

the helmet definitely covers it.

Darkchylde way of putting the helmet is a better way than HTs I was going to do the same. But I just thought I,d try HT,S method at least once lol is darn hard ,but in the end managed it. But never going to be easy if guys are struggling to put DX12's cape. Lol and yes these tabs are tiny so breakage is possible.

I tried Hot Toys method, yeah that just wasn't going to happen :lol So fiddly and the clips aren't very strong at all. The capes always give me a run for my money to start with, then I remember the last cape I had to fit and all becomes clear again :D But there is still swearing at some point usually.

BB&WSF I feel a bit better after seeing that pic, I'd looked at a few others but they were from other angles and Loki always looked much smaller than Thor. I do think the clothes bulk him a lot.

I'm happy to display him with the helmet on, it hides the neck issue and I think it just makes the figure pop on my shelf :D When I walk into my living room now I see him and Thor first before anything else, such awesome figures and when posed together they make a great display.

I tried Hot Toys method, yeah that just wasn't going to happen :lol So fiddly and the clips aren't very strong at all. The capes always give me a run for my money to start with, then I remember the last cape I had to fit and all becomes clear again :D But there is still swearing at some point usually.
oh the cape on Loki is more easy if u pull out the shoulder pad from along the neck, then slide cape and clip into place.
:)

oh the cape on Loki is more easy if u pull out the shoulder pad from along the neck, then slide cape and clip into place.
:)

:goodpost: :exactly: I pulled them out a little both sides and the clips just popped in, I breathed a deep sigh of relief and moved onto the helmet :lol

Neither of my issues are the helmet as it didn't cause me much hassle to be honest. I found it easier leaving the helmet complete, warming it up so it was supple and then just pulling the sides out over Loki's head. Worked for me at least :D

:goodpost:I think that's a great tip for the helmet to prevent the potential damaging of the tabs.

I will certainly try that when I get mine, as I prefer the helmeted look for him.

Back