1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's highly unlikely that Disney would risk putting Poe and Finn in a romantic relationship. It would have to be extremely subtle and open to interpretation. Disney is already nervous about protecting their brand and this would be an almost absurd risk especially in foreign markets.

Well they shot a brief kiss with Mr. Sulu in Star Trek Beyond that Cho claims was cut. Star Wars is a bit more kids/family than Star Trek so unlikely you'd see much in SW anyway. Even the Han/Leia stuff in ESB would probably be a bit much in a Disney family film these days.

It is a bit surprising, but it certainly seems to be more legit than internet nonsense, but I guess who really knows. There was some joking around about Finn wearing Poe's jacket when TFA came out, but there are quotes from pretty major people in fairly major papers. But these days hoaxes can get going so easily and even mainstream media can get taken.

It's highly unlikely that Disney would risk putting Poe and Finn in a romantic relationship. It would have to be extremely subtle and open to interpretation. Disney is already nervous about protecting their brand and this would be an almost absurd risk especially in foreign markets.

That's true. It's possibly just the same fantasy of progressive fanboys writing on the Internet who also on the MCU side of things, want to see Bucky and Captain America in a romantic relationship after the events of Civil War.

I suppose what Poe and Finn have going for them though is that they are new characters who have still yet to be further written and developed so they can be written as being homosexual, while it's been canon for decades that Bucky and Captain America are not intended to be homosexual characters.

George Takai was actually irate after finding out Sulu was homosexual, because the character was never intended to be that way.

Agreed. It's the same fantasy of progressive fanboys who on the MCU side of things, want to see Bucky and Captain America in a romantic relationship after the events of Civil War.

I suppose what Poe and Finn have going for them though is that they are newer characters who have still yet to be written and developed, while it's been canon for decades that Bucky and Captain America are not intended to be homosexual characters.

I think the issue for me would be the fact that they already eluded to Finn's interest in Rey ("you have a boyfriend?"). A shift from that would feel forced, IMO.

Yeah I have no problem with gay relationship in SW, but I saw nothing in TFA to suggest Poe and Finn having that kind of interest in each other.

And to be honest after the utterly painful Anakin/Padme romance in the prequels, I'd rather we avoid any of that completely in these new movies.

They have definitely struggled with romances. I thought Padme was fine in TPM, but her character quickly went down hill once the love story became part of it.

Yeah I have no problem with gay relationship in SW, but I saw nothing in TFA to suggest Poe and Finn having that kind of interest in each other.

Same here on both counts. Not opposed to it at all, but does seem like it'd feel forced based on what didn't happen in TFA.

I'm not opposed to a homosexual relationship between two major characters when the characters are a new creation and have yet to really be written and a certain canon established for them. What I am opposed to is changing characters that have had a certain canon for decades and were written to be a certain way, just to appease a minority. The reason being is because I think it lacks any ingenuity on their part to take the time to create a new character and would rather change something else, because that's easier.

They have definitely struggled with romances. I thought Padme was fine in TPM, but her character quickly went down hill once the love story became part of it.

That's true. I feel it did the opposite for Anakin though. With the exception of AotC, the love story made his character more intresting in RotS and made her character less interesting. For me at least.

Then again, that's how it should have been because the entire point of the PT was merely to show who Vader was before he was Vader. Nothing more.

I've got every Luke released so far but this one doesn't do anything for me. Cool looking figure and nice duds but I just can't bring myself to get it. Don't know. Maybe I'll change my mind but right now I'm not feeling this release.

I 2nd this as well. I only have ANH Luke and as much as I love this look and the sculpt looks amazing it's just a plain figure with no accessories. Maybe in the future if the price is right but I'll wait for Episode VIII Luke.

Also, did HT ever do a ROTJ Luke?

I've got every Luke released so far but this one doesn't do anything for me. Cool looking figure and nice duds but I just can't bring myself to get it. Don't know. Maybe I'll change my mind but right now I'm not feeling this release.

Hey Jim, would you mind reposting some of your photographs of your DX07 ESB kit bashes? I was looking for them the other day for inspiration and couldn't find them. There's one with a whole bunch of them lined up that I would love to see.

Every time I think about this, I kind of want it. Would look great next to Kylo, and I have Luke's green lightsaber! But then all I see is Jeff bridges... :( maybe they'll work on the sculpt some more. Or maybe it's not too bad at all. Idk..

That's true. It's possibly just the same fantasy of progressive fanboys writing on the Internet who also on the MCU side of things, want to see Bucky and Captain America in a romantic relationship after the events of Civil War.

I suppose what Poe and Finn have going for them though is that they are new characters who have still yet to be further written and developed so they can be written as being homosexual, while it's been canon for decades that Bucky and Captain America are not intended to be homosexual characters.

George Takai was actually irate after finding out Sulu was homosexual, because the character was never intended to be that way.

I think the issue for me would be the fact that they already eluded to Finn's interest in Rey ("you have a boyfriend?"). A shift from that would feel forced, IMO.

And to be honest after the utterly painful Anakin/Padme romance in the prequels, I'd rather we avoid any of that completely in these new movies.

Finn/Poe romance? No thanks.

Yeah, I'm in agreement, but...

I think it's better than their Ben Kenobi, but I don't think it's amazing. Still kind of want it. If Han looks really good (like the proto) he's a definite purchase. Luke could just be a stand-in until a better version from the ST comes along.

Yeah I have Bespin Luke and the clothes for ROTJ Luke, so this is kind of tempting.. Would be awesome to have young and old versions.. Damnit I'm getting close to ordering lol.

Disney has got to move with the times at some stage, who cares if they have a gay character? I don't really see it with Finn or Poe tbh, but there will be plenty of new characters appearing in future Star Wars films.

Disney has got to move with the times at some stage, who cares if they have a gay character? I don't really see it with Finn or Poe tbh, but there will be plenty of new characters appearing in future Star Wars films.

My money's on Kylo. It seems like he's searching for his identity and wears a "mask" he really doesn't need.

My money's on Kylo. It seems like he's searching for his identity and wears a "mask" he really doesn't need.

He seems more asexual than anything. I can't imagine many potential mates (men or women) would want to listen to someone constantly obsess over their grandfather.. :lol

I understand that the Star Wars universe has a myriad of characters, and there are surely homosexual characters (known, like in Aftermath, or unknown). This is fine, but my issue with it is it would seem too forced in trying to conform to modern society. Now I also understand Star Wars takes references (politically, historically, etc) to our own times, but sexuality to me doesn't seem important in the Star Wars universe. It'd be like them being like "Boba Fett has a foot fetish" (Boba Fettish, lol). People would be like, "who cares?" Just my opinion.

Hey Jim, would you mind reposting some of your photographs of your DX07 ESB kit bashes? I was looking for them the other day for inspiration and couldn't find them. There's one with a whole bunch of them lined up that I would love to see.
No problem. I've got 4 ANH Lukes as well.
0194a663e106ae757428f58b0065965a.jpg

e86f5d9f1014978918fe33cbee6312a0.jpg

0c6b9f83e4536ae0a478770378068521.jpg

Back