1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Hey guys, was wondering if there is any leather parts on Han? I stopped getting any HT figures that has leather/pleather parts, would appreciate if anyone knows the answer.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Brown jacket, belt, holster and boots are leather if I am not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If you're like me and you can get over Chewie's nose being really high up on his face but his COLORS are your concern, I can say after getting him today that I think he's unfairly ***** on for his colors. He looks pretty terrible close up with flash lighting on him, but in natural lighting he looks fantastic. Here he is in natural lighting.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Fur looks good but that face is so....wrong.

Now, close up with flash lighting on him, yes, he looks pretty bad and I can understand the hate there. Here he is with flash lighting on him...
26167973_10156935096713154_6793932879061942587_n.jpg
26231147_10156935096533154_9007163569738682647_n.jpg

The thing is though, I don't know why anyone would constantly be flashing light on him, and, unless you put him in a detolf with lights bearing down on him (and I don't), I think the hate for his colors is really overblown. I'd go as far as to say he's one of the best looking Hot Toys figures I've ever had, leaps and bounds better than the New Hope version.

Fur looks good but that face is so....wrong.

See, I dig it a lot, but then again, I'm the one guy who is okay with his high nose. I understand people thinking he looks pretty bad with bright lighting in his face, but in natural lighting he looks really good (to me anyway). I think the hate is overblown on him, especially after getting him in hand.

I'll agree- the hate lobbed onto some figures is over the top. I have the EpIV one and after some serious futzing, I like it a lot. I'm sure the same could be said for this one. The TLC and well-placed futzing can make a good figure great.

Glad you're digging yours - enjoying the pics.

Thanks, I wanted to post them for anyone still on the fence who was as horrified as I was by the initial in hand pics that were released a year or so ago. I didn't pull the trigger until I could find someone willing to open their sealed one to take some pics beforehand as I didn't want mine to look like those from the first batch. :)

i like mine. when I got him I was afraid that his face would look hideous like some of the photos I have seen of this version of him. and you got his bandolier on the wrong side it goes on the other side of him.

It did look like they had darkened his hair color back to what it should be for TLJ, which I liked. The blonde highlights weren't nearly as distracting.

i like mine. when I got him I was afraid that his face would look hideous like some of the photos I have seen of this version of him. and you got his bandolier on the wrong side it goes on the other side of him.
I was going to say the same thing about the bandolier.

Sent from a point in space and time

This version reminds me of Alf

08d5d71af921f85809d589c48e9251fc.jpg

8fa765c351cee14c095deb31adb3187a.jpg
7e468c4820a195036172d3c3d0c94859.jpg

a28e2ea75f7bcc92d12c4d0f19169f8c.jpg
c0113f3bd00a58be7f8fd1b4100513be.jpg

You really need to work the fur...I did a lot to separate it from the mouth and eye sculpts and applied hair product in certain places. I really like my Chewbacca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Chewie is continuing the search for Luke on Hoth, even after Han's demise.

I don't want Hot Toys wasting anymore time on Chewbacca, they clearly can't get him right and there's other characters I would rather see!

I'm not ecstatic with mine but I also don't hate him. I tried the hair product trick and seemed to be able to get the face looking more Chewie like.

Tried to display my Han with the Winter coat on the other day but was digging the look so I switched back to just the leather jacket.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another version...TESB bespin solo/chewie two pack...

They’re already starting kin Endor figures too, so Han trench coat + Chewie could happen as well.

But I would think Bespin Han and Lando would come first. Not sure about another Chewie just yet.

Back