1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I"m still on the fence on this one. As much as I really like the design, I would believe the 2nd MCU Spiderman movie will definitely have improvements to the suit.

I"m still on the fence on this one. As much as I really like the design, I would believe the 2nd MCU Spiderman movie will definitely have improvements to the suit.

It's highly likely whatever his default suit is in the sequel won't be the same as the first one.

So as long as you're okay for the potential to have a slightly different or totally different suit then continue to sit on that fence. :dance

So since this is out this early will Sideshow get their stock early too or do they just wait until closer to the original expected release date to take shipment?

Lets hope as well that for the next suit and the IW version that hot toys work on their suit material too. Those creases are horrible

Lets hope as well that for the next suit and the IW version that hot toys work on their suit material too. Those creases are horrible
The IW suit will probably be a diecast of some sort with the tendrils. At least, I hope

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

But the third movie will be even more improved over that, so you might as well wait for that one. ;)

It's highly likely whatever his default suit is in the sequel won't be the same as the first one.

So as long as you're okay for the potential to have a slightly different or totally different suit then continue to sit on that fence. :dance

I do wonder though.. after Infinity War.. is he going to go back to this suit or is he going to go with the IW suit provided it is not destroyed after the movie.

Why does everyone think the Hot Toys IW Suit is going to be diecast? Nope. They can’t make a seamless poseable suit out of metal and as mentioned before, diecast will weigh the figure down if it’s used on the figure body. It only works for armored characters/armor pieces where you have separate pieces can still achieve poseability. If he does have the Iron Spidey tendrils, they’re better off making them look metal with plastic instead of using actual metal because the weight of them won’t allow for them to hold dynamic poses.

The suit is going to have a metallic sheen to it, but still be fabric. Much like we’ve seen on figures like the DCEU Superman.

Why does everyone think the Hot Toys IW Suit is going to be diecast? Nope. They can’t make a seamless poseable suit out of metal ... It only works for armored characters/armor pieces where you have separate pieces can still achieve poseability...

The suit is going to have a metallic sheen to it, but still be fabric. Much like we’ve seen on figures like the DCEU Superman.

Yeah, it kinda boggles the mind. Just because they make something look like it might be made out of metal in a movie, doesn't mean it actually is, or even could be.

In fact the use of CG on theses superhero costumes I imagine has made it even more difficult than normal for Hot Toys and other 1/6 companies to reproduce what we see on screen. It's challenging enough to reproduce the look of any kind of clothing and costume realistically in 1/6 scale even when the costumes are all real life practice articles of clothing and materials. But now so many characters are getting a CG makeover that what they actually wear when they shoot the movie these days isn't much more than a photo reference for a CG costume, or at least something that gets a major CG touch up. I mean we all know Spider-Man and Black Panther arn't real, and people can't do what they do. But I don't think we really even think about the fact that what we see them wearing now in the movies isn't real either. If they can't create a costume in real life that looks just as good as it does in the movie without using CG then making something to represent what we see in 1/6 scale isn't easy, and in some cases almost impossible. So whether it's a skin tight suit made with purple light up features all over it or a skin tight sit made out of metal, just remember these things aren't even done in real life at 1:1 scale and we don't see them without the help of movie and computer magic.

Would love to see some pics of this next to ASM2. If anyone has both could you please post some?

Yeah, it kinda boggles the mind. Just because they make something look like it might be made out of metal in a movie, doesn't mean it actually is, or even could be.

In fact the use of CG on theses superhero costumes I imagine has made it even more difficult than normal for Hot Toys and other 1/6 companies to reproduce what we see on screen. It's challenging enough to reproduce the look of any kind of clothing and costume realistically in 1/6 scale even when the costumes are all real life practice articles of clothing and materials. But now so many characters are getting a CG makeover that what they actually wear when they shoot the movie these days isn't much more than a photo reference for a CG costume, or at least something that gets a major CG touch up. I mean we all know Spider-Man and Black Panther arn't real, and people can't do what they do. But I don't think we really even think about the fact that what we see them wearing now in the movies isn't real either. If they can't create a costume in real life that looks just as good as it does in the movie without using CG then making something to represent what we see in 1/6 scale isn't easy, and in some cases almost impossible. So whether it's a skin tight suit made with purple light up features all over it or a skin tight sit made out of metal, just remember these things aren't even done in real life at 1:1 scale and we don't see them without the help of movie and computer magic.

I’m interested in seeing the practical shots of Holland in the suit or green suit if they’re CGI’ing it. All we saw of Spidey’s suit was CGI shots, but there could very well be a full, real suit.

Unlike Iron Man who is like...an upper torso :lol

Saw some videos. Brighter red than I thought and the head shape looks a little different
Always like spidey figs, but gonna pass on this for now

Saw some videos. Brighter red than I thought and the head shape looks a little different
Always like spidey figs, but gonna pass on this for now
The spiderman hot toy I've been waiting for... The older ones are too muted for me.... This is the best spiderman and just need to have a classic spiderman look in my collection.
Can't wait to get mine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back