1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head on mine was perfect when I got it but now is a little bumpy. I'm sure I could figure a way to pull it tight on the back and secure it somehow.

Love this figure...but I just found the stitching on the head too bothersome, so I decided to let him go (it looked quite awful under the spotlights in my display). Still not sure I made the right decision - I perhaps could have made an effort to accommodate him somewhere where the light was a little more forgiving and the stitching less noticeable. Oh well...too late now.

I just hope it's not an issue with the FFH figure(s).

Took me 2 replacements to get a Spidey head that was good...so I understand your dilemma!

I got lucky and was able to get one of these basically brand new through a seller in one of the Facebook Hot Toys groups for about $30 over Sideshow retail. I know a lot of people aren’t the biggest fans of this suit, particularly the black accents, but personally this is my favorite Spidey look because it’s both classic and modern looking without being gaudy. I used this suit almost exclusively when playing through the PS4 game. So I was bummed I missed out on this guy at retail but was hopeful the FFH suit would be even better, but was even more disappointed I missed out on this after the FFH reveal since, while that suit is kinda cool, I prefer the classic colors. So I was resigned to having to spend a good amount if I wanted this. So glad I checked Facebook at the right time!

I was worried about the seam on the head, and while it’s noticeable, it’s not too bad. The material in hand is much different than what I was expecting based on pictures, but I really like it. Overall it’s quite an awesome figure.

I got lucky and was able to get one of these basically brand new through a seller in one of the Facebook Hot Toys groups for about $30 over Sideshow retail. I know a lot of people aren’t the biggest fans of this suit, particularly the black accents, but personally this is my favorite Spidey look because it’s both classic and modern looking without being gaudy. I used this suit almost exclusively when playing through the PS4 game. So I was bummed I missed out on this guy at retail but was hopeful the FFH suit would be even better, but was even more disappointed I missed out on this after the FFH reveal since, while that suit is kinda cool, I prefer the classic colors. So I was resigned to having to spend a good amount if I wanted this. So glad I checked Facebook at the right time!

I was worried about the seam on the head, and while it’s noticeable, it’s not too bad. The material in hand is much different than what I was expecting based on pictures, but I really like it. Overall it’s quite an awesome figure.

Congrats on getting the figure.

Does anyone have the EFX 1:6th Cap Shield? And does it work with this figure??... I’m struggling to find a Civil War Cap shield.

Does anyone have the EFX 1:6th Cap Shield? And does it work with this figure??... I’m struggling to find a Civil War Cap shield.

You'd have to mod it for Spidey to wear it like the film, as the straps aren't big enough for a figure.

You'd have to mod it for Spidey to wear it like the film, as the straps aren't big enough for a figure.

If you’re talking about the one pictured below, then Choryujin is correct; the straps are much too short to get even a slim, female 1/6 figure’s arm through. It wouldn’t be that tough to modify though because the buckles are functional and you could just use some zip ties to secure the shield to Spidey’s arm.

Honestly, I’d give it a shot and if you find yourself without a solution, a few years ago, when every 3rd party was making knockoff shields, I stocked up. So really, try something to get that EFX shield to work because it’s really nice looking (might even try rubber bands, hair ties, etc.) but if nothing works, PM me and we can try to work something out with a shield that has proper straps.

Attachments

• E79A4D79-5AD2-482A-8219-D92B6495DD4B.jpg
    E79A4D79-5AD2-482A-8219-D92B6495DD4B.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 58780660-531A-42C0-8347-282E2610A0B5.jpg
    58780660-531A-42C0-8347-282E2610A0B5.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 280
If you’re talking about the one pictured below, then Choryujin is correct; the straps are much too short to get even a slim, female 1/6 figure’s arm through. It wouldn’t be that tough to modify though because the buckles are functional and you could just use some zip ties to secure the shield to Spidey’s arm.

Honestly, I’d give it a shot and if you find yourself without a solution, a few years ago, when every 3rd party was making knockoff shields, I stocked up. So really, try something to get that EFX shield to work because it’s really nice looking (might even try rubber bands, hair ties, etc.) but if nothing works, PM me and we can try to work something out with a shield that has proper straps.
Thanks for the feedback guys, and for the offer of help blinguskhan! I’ll probably give modding one a go.

f035fdd97f9ce66306c15dbdb9b990db.png

WIP. Wasn’t using the sculpt or mask so decided to make a battle damaged. Still gotta add hair, blood, weathering, etc. was inspired by this photo
85736b1210154fef6a20479d3b020ea8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f035fdd97f9ce66306c15dbdb9b990db.png

WIP. Wasn’t using the sculpt or mask so decided to make a battle damaged. Still gotta add hair, blood, weathering, etc. was inspired by this photo
85736b1210154fef6a20479d3b020ea8.png

Woah that's amazing... Can't wait to see the final.... Please update

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Whoa, a battle-ravaged Spider-Man, incredible :thud:

Takes me back to the 2002 film were Green Goblin beat Spider-Man badly.

c7721f04da522574474e9782a9262298.jpg
77e5515a4623aa0d3753b4208dead520.jpg

Waiting for hair to arrive. Added some blood. Not sure if I’m gonna go all the way with the suit yet. Maybe just wait till I see one parted out on eBay.

That looks cool as heck. Are you doing real hair? Also, what do you think about making one of the eyes blood shot? I think that would help kill it! Nice work.

That looks cool as heck. Are you doing real hair? Also, what do you think about making one of the eyes blood shot? I think that would help kill it! Nice work.

Thanks! Great idea! I may do that. I’m gonna be using Tibetan lamb.

Back