1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got into Hot Toys and got on the waiting list for this recently but does that pretty much mean I am SOL? If you don't PO these you are screwed?

Just got into Hot Toys and got on the waiting list for this recently but does that pretty much mean I am SOL? If you don't PO these you are screwed?

Yeah you're very late on the wait list- sorry to break it to you but you're likely going to need to go second hand to get this. I'd be willing to guess there are people waiting in the triple digits on the wait list.

Yeah you're very late on the wait list- sorry to break it to you but you're likely going to need to go second hand to get this. I'd be willing to guess there are people waiting in the triple digits on the wait list.

Thanks for the response, that's what I figured reading some of the posts. I'll keep an eye out for one at a decent price or just pass completely. Not going to shell out $400+ for the guy.

Some Infinity War inspired pictures!
06ce6f580b72bcde80cffe028a846951.jpg
6dae6a395d4d4cc731304a97116a409d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if they might be following a similar pattern to Anakin with Spider-Man where they released a smaller batch of them initially, but are planning on fulfilling waitlist orders when they get a larger shipment of the figure in the future.

There will also be another Spiderman when the next Holland movie comes out. But of course that's a bit of a wait.

That's actually the one i am waiting on to replace my ASM2. I hope they improve the Spider emblem to something a bit cooler than this one. Don't like that emblem at all.

I got mine in- this just isn't for me. I like it enough but the ASM2 figure feels more like Spider-Man to me.

Going to move this one out.

There will also be another Spiderman when the next Holland movie comes out. But of course that's a bit of a wait.

That's actually the one i am waiting on to replace my ASM2. I hope they improve the Spider emblem to something a bit cooler than this one. Don't like that emblem at all.
To each, his own.
I like the emblem. It reminds me of the old comics version from when I was a little kid. I still have my old Spiderman nightlight on a collectibles shelf. This emblem looks pretty close to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm not a diehard comic book Spider-Man fan by any means, but even I thought the Ditko symbols on his tech suit were a fantastic nod to the history of the character. Especially when contrasted with a younger film Spider-Man coupled with all the technology in the suit with its Stark origins.

Stranger things have happened. If sideshow knew you wouldnt get one then they would have cancelled your order. In the 12 years I've been buying products through sideshow I've got on the waitlist at least a dozen times and all have converted except deadpool and rogue 1 vader. And deadpool i got from sideshow later.

I jumped on waitlist last week. For shiggles I messaged Sideshow support and FWIW they said my chances look good for it to convert. We'll see. I'm kicking myself for canceling my BBTS order.

I jumped on waitlist last week. For shiggles I messaged Sideshow support and FWIW they said my chances look good for it to convert. We'll see. I'm kicking myself for canceling my BBTS order.

I saw on FB another guy did the same and was told "things may change but it isn't likely to convert." I never really take SS chat seriously because you can close out, get a different rep and be told something completely different.

Exactly... I remember being on the waitlist for Suicide Squad Bats and was told it’ll definitely convert only to have them cancel my reservation a few days later.

Exactly... I remember being on the waitlist for Suicide Squad Bats and was told it’ll definitely convert only to have them cancel my reservation a few days later.

Yeah that was one that they really mis-judged ! I'm sure they could have sold many more of those !

I’m holding out hope that during the delay SSC was able to assess the demand and increase their stock order. Obviously I have no idea if that would be possible but I’m telling myself that if they could, they would as it’d mean more money!

Contacted SS to see when mine would be shipped. Was told that HT had only shipped the a small amount of their total allotment and that they couldn't give me a date when they would receive more as HT hasn't given them any information.

In short, I learned nothing new.

Back