1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Spidey today and it is a really nice figure. Really bummed about the stitching on the head. What a bad spot for wonky stitching. No hiding it. Was going to make a claim but going back a few pages and looking at pictures it seems like all of them have the same issue.

Don't have a pic to hand, but how wonky is it? Mine is barely noticeable.

Yeah the stitching in my head is off centre a bit, and the black lined pattern runs to one side so the stitch is pretty obvious, I can look past it though

I was so torn which version of this to get, the home suit version you can pose like a true Spider-Man figure, but the tech suit version actually looks like the character and is so intricate. In the end, I ordered the tech Suit version, it just looks incredible and I'm sure I can have a little fun posing it every now and then and there's some great hero poses I can display it in the rest of the time.

Why not get both? :dunno

The suit isn't much different from the ASM2 suit imo. And Honestly didn't have any issues with mine when leaving him in this pose for a long ass time. Sorry the only pic I got at the moment since all my stuff in boxed up for moving. Screenshot_20180310-204403.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why not get both? :dunno

I can only afford one at the moment. If it was still available at Sideshow, I could buy the other one with reward points. Unfortunately, they won't let you apply reward points on a waitlist converted order so I'll just have to wait and buy the home suit version later.

The thing about suit damage, I've heard reports of people who had damage on the Spider-Man 3 suit versions (the Review Spot on Youtube mentioned this in one of his videos) that had been just sitting there in neutral poses or in box, so I say enjoy the figure and don't mind the resale value so much.

A recent example of mine is a Takara Cool Girl figure that I recently took out of the package that had the pleather parts just crumble apart, all it did was sit in the original packaging.

In case any of you missed my pics from a few pages ago:

39987968194_050f287d47_b.jpg

39987966664_5b457c0571_b.jpg

I have the Age of Ultron Cap shield and I used Spidey's thwip hand, which slotted perfectly into the shield's handle. It was a lot easier to get him to hold the shield than from that angle than I expedted. lol

I haven't had a lot of time to mess around with him, but I'll post more pics later.

The thing about suit damage, I've heard reports of people who had damage on the Spider-Man 3 suit versions (the Review Spot on Youtube mentioned this in one of his videos) that had been just sitting there in neutral poses or in box, so I say enjoy the figure and don't mind the resale value so much.

A recent example of mine is a Takara Cool Girl figure that I recently took out of the package that had the pleather parts just crumble apart, all it did was sit in the original packaging.

I've heard all kinds of stories about in-package deterioration. Trapped out-gassing chemicals, reactions with plastic packing materials, chemicals leaching...the list goes on.

I know MISB collectors don't want to hear this, but I've come to the conclusion that longevity of these items is better outside-of-box, provided the environment isn't too extreme.

Of course, if a Hot Toys figure is sealed, its state remains in quantum superposition until observed.

Schrödinger's action figures! :panic:

Ill let you know. I'm going to leave it for 24 hours and see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You brave soul, thank you!

Yeah, cause that's a pretty solid "dynamic" pose and I feel like it's relatively safe enough that there shouldn't be any damage...but without the figure in-hand to examine all I can do is speculate.

Please keep us posted.

This headsculpt is so perfect, it's creepy.

Wish there was a way to make it fit on my ASM2 (not a fan of the Homecoming suit).

Cant remember who, but someone in this thread a few pages back managed to do so. You will need the neck piece from TASM1 figure though. Personally, I think HT should have incorporated this type of neck into the homecominng tech suit.

1ae39da7d5d344f25053a60ff4806934.jpg

IMG_1347.JPGIMG_1364.JPGIMG_1366.JPG
So I've had Spidey in the position with his knee bent for about 2 weeks. As a result, I got the pinched suit behind the knee. Looks as if it would eventually tear if left that way for a long period of time. I will be leaving him in a museum pose for a while to see if the suit somewhat returns to normal with time. Anyone else having issues?

View attachment 399426View attachment 399427View attachment 399428
I had Spidey in the pose with his leg bent for about 2 weeks. As a result, I got the pinched effect behind the knee. It looks as if it could possibly rip, if left in that position for long period of time. I will be leaving him in a museum pose for a while to see if the suit will possibly return to its original form with time.

That's the biggest issue I've seen. It happens if you bend the leg too far and it definitely can tear into the suit.

The only other thing which I don't think is a huge deal is the blue material can get stretched out. When you put it back to back to a neutral pose the material bunches up.

I had mine in a fairly extreme pose and the material is already pretty much back to normal. I've heard with steam/heat you can revert it quickly.

View attachment 399426View attachment 399427View attachment 399428
I had Spidey in the pose with his leg bent for about 2 weeks. As a result, I got the pinched effect behind the knee. It looks as if it could possibly rip, if left in that position for long period of time. I will be leaving him in a museum pose for a while to see if the suit will possibly return to its original form with time.

Did the first pic or the last pic cause the near rip?

I too had soidey in a swing pose for about 3 weeks. Took him down and found the suit had some major creases. I left him in a static pose for about a day and it was fine. The creases are all gone.

Back