1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I remember that. As soon as I got out the theater and checked sideshows website it was gone! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that exact experience! I wanted to see if the movie was any good before getting one, and BAM! -- sold out. I ended up getting one through Popcultcha earlier this year when they had a sale. Even with shipping, it turned out to be cheaper than Sideshow.

Yep...not happening...they have done 2.0 figures but a re-release? This would be a first.

Not true. Remember when Han and Chewbacca 2 packs, and Obi Wan were long sold out and BAM re-release? 2 packs were hitting 900 on the aftermarket and Obi Wan was going for over 500. I got lucky and was able to add them to my collection thanks to the re-release versions.

Horrible movie effects aside, I ordered it. [emoji23]

Used $87 in reward points.

I got Anakin and Luke on order and a lot of Empire figures, which is the theme I’m going with, so even though I have the IS Vader one more Vader in the 12” form won’t hurt. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don’t see Vader fitting into my Detolf on that base. My current SS Deluxe helmet is 1/8” away from the shelf above when on the SS circle base. For me this is a issue as my HT exist only in Detolfs. Maybe this is a good thing….gives me my reason to hold off until ROTJ

Any of you thinking the same height issue?

Horrible movie effects aside, I ordered it. [emoji23] [...]

To each their own, but I'm going on record to say I really don't think this Star Wars thing has legs. :lecture

Plus it's a sequel, they're just milking the novelty of the first film, which was fun for what it was but it's not like 'Empire' is going to be even half as good. :dunno

To each their own, but I'm going on record to say I really don't think this Star Wars thing has legs. :lecture

Plus it's a sequel, they're just milking the novelty of the first film, which was fun for what it was but it's not like 'Empire' is going to be even half as good. :dunno

*Things Trekkies said in early 1980*

I just don’t see Vader fitting into my Detolf on that base. My current SS Deluxe helmet is 1/8” away from the shelf above when on the SS circle base. For me this is a issue as my HT exist only in Detolfs. Maybe this is a good thing….gives me my reason to hold off until ROTJ

Any of you thinking the same height issue?
I hadn't considered the height until now. RO just barely fits in the detolf on a generic stand. I doubt this one will fit while standing on the dio base. Maybe if you hunch him over a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks cool but I'm good with my RO Vader. Iron Studios Vader more than filled my need for an ESB Vader.

I think the best part of this is the base.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I hadn't considered the height until now. RO just barely fits in the detolf on a generic stand. I doubt this one will fit while standing on the dio base. Maybe if you hunch him over a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I’m surprised not to many are bringing this up as a issue. The solution would have been for HT to also include a second generic stand.

I caved in and pre ordered it. If they come out with a rotj version I'll just have to find that versions helmet on eBay.

Yeah I'm interested to see what they improve on with the ROTJ Vader. Hopefully the Shaw likeness is there. But after ESB, I'm probably good with Vader until they get to ROTS. That's prob not until 2020 if ESB is 2018 and ROTJ is 2019.

Yeah we'll be admiring from afar through trade show and secret base images until then. At least other figures like Anakin, Kylo, Luke, and Tarkin will be coming out to tide us over. With this news though, I imagine Emperor is slipping into 2019.

This is a fine looking Vader.

It benefits from all the things Hot Toys has tried on previous Vaders (and they are learning form their mistakes)
Their product is more developed, and it is a great version of the character.

ESB Vader!

Awesome figure. Reasonable price, IMHO.

Yeah we'll be admiring from afar through trade show and secret base images until then. At least other figures like Anakin, Kylo, Luke, and Tarkin will be coming out to tide us over. With this news though, I imagine Emperor is slipping into 2019.

Probably so but I sure hope not. I was looking forward to the Emperor and two Royal Guards sometime next year.

Back