1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the recommendation.

This one was actually received from Timcent88 - Ebay. The new one I am ordering (hoping that it's good this time) is directly from Sideshow.

I will contact him and hopefully I will be be able to return it.
Good deal. Yours seems pretty bad so getting a replacement or refund from the seller shouldn't be too hard....hopefully. I never delt with Timcent before but have read he was pretty good about stuff like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good deal. Yours seems pretty bad so getting a replacement or refund from the seller shouldn't be too hard....hopefully. I never delt with Timcent before but have read he was pretty good about stuff like this.

I just wrote him an e-mail. I am actually surprised, as my R1 Vader, also ordered by him, came in perfect (despite the chest armour velcro being really poor glued on).

As for the ESB Vader, this is what the chest piece looks like:

20181104_110029.jpg

For someone with OCD like me, this looks a bit wrong...

I just wrote him an e-mail. I am actually surprised, as my R1 Vader, also ordered by him, came in perfect (despite the chest armour velcro being really poor glued on).

View attachment 432236

Yeah, that looks terrible. You shouldn't have any trouble. No way anyone would be happy with that.

Thanks, guys. Thought it was me overthinking it again :lol

Now waiting for Timcent88's response. Hopefully I will be able to return it.

Meanwhile, doesn't the fact that this is happening to other people as well means that HT are producing defective figures out there? You mentioned people here on the forum also had this issue with the cod piece.

And following this, do you think ordering directly from Sideshow means I won't get a defective figure again? I mean it's HT producing the figures, SS is just the wholeseller...

Hi, just thought I'd share my ESB set-up. I think this is prett much perfect now. The only aspects of Vader I dont like is the lack of posability and how fiddly it is to switch all of his lights on...

Darth Vader.jpg

View attachment 432236

That is horrible. Return is a must.

Thanks, guys. Thought it was me overthinking it again :lol

Now waiting for Timcent88's response. Hopefully I will be able to return it.

Meanwhile, doesn't the fact that this is happening to other people as well means that HT are producing defective figures out there? You mentioned people here on the forum also had this issue with the cod piece.

And following this, do you think ordering directly from Sideshow means I won't get a defective figure again? I mean it's HT producing the figures, SS is just the wholeseller...

When ordering from sellers in Hong Kong, like Timcent, you’re likely getting the first run of the figures. That’s when most defects that actually hit the market are caught. Sometimes this causes a delay in Sideshow receiving shipments, as the defects need to be corrected before more figures are manufactured. So, yes. I believe ordering from Sideshow or other USA distributors (most of whom get the figures through Sideshow) is a smart move in avoiding defects. Remember though, in mass manufacturing there are always a percentage of product that hits the market with some flaws. In general, I’ve heard Sideshow is good about replacement of defective parts/ figures with some reports that they only offered a partial refund.

I see, thanks!

Hopefully Sideshow uses 6-Sigma for quality improvement and the next one will be in the 99.9% that are good :lol

I really loved the figure straight from opening it and it's a shame I have to return it, but that chest piece really sticks out.

When ordering from sellers in Hong Kong, like Timcent, you’re likely getting the first run of the figures. That’s when most defects that actually hit the market are caught. Sometimes this causes a delay in Sideshow receiving shipments, as the defects need to be corrected before more figures are manufactured. So, yes. I believe ordering from Sideshow or other USA distributors (most of whom get the figures through Sideshow) is a smart move in avoiding defects. Remember though, in mass manufacturing there are always a percentage of product that hits the market with some flaws. In general, I’ve heard Sideshow is good about replacement of defective parts/ figures with some reports that they only offered a partial refund.

The price of early adopters.

Sideshow told me this for the Deadpool figure I bought. First run had the issue with the costume separating from the wrists but successive batches sent to Sideshow were fixed.

Back