1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why aren't you doing it though? you don't seem to like the figure either

Well, first I've already been charged.

Second, as disappointed as I am, I've seen many disappointing figures before and managed to get something good out of them.

Lastly, I'm not looking for a single Vader to rule them all. I want an ANH Vader and an ESB Vader and an ROTJ Vader. I've settled on three long ago.

Worst case: I cannibalize this for parts on the next Vader that has its own problems. HT's best Vaders come from a hodge-podge of two or three figures.

Also I don't see anyone spotting a single inaccuracy on the 1:4 RotJ helmet

it's perfect, and you know it at first glance. No need to watch videos or pictures under every possible lighting

I hope it looks better in hand. I saw a few pics on Instagram and they looked good to me. I’m sure he will look great set up in a detolf. Remember the initial panic over Jedi Luke?
(Fingers crossed)

The fact that cell phone cameras have taken over the majority of picture taking in this hobby has not helped this kind of early panic response.

But no one learns.

While checking official photos, I realized that shoulder armor are also huge in those shots but they always pressed it to his arms. So the arm does not seem flimsy in those shots. Look at the rigt shoulder pauldron in this shot. It's like this in every official shot.

mms452-official-3.jpg

It'll help if owners can pose the figüre like this and take a shot of it.

Not bad. Everyone's crunching the belt and box together though. Like they all learned the ANH trick but now apply it to every Vader without checking the source. Codpiece is riding way too high.

For this figüre I think this trick will be esential. It has same torso but shorter legs compared to previous iterations. If belt is pulled lower already bigger torso-to-legs rato will increase further giving the figüre a weird body proportion.

Does the rogue one armor fit on the esb vader or is it too big? Also, is that armor the same style as esb? I don't know the differences

For this figüre I think this trick will be esential. It has same torso but shorter legs compared to previous iterations. If belt is pulled lower already bigger torso-to-legs rato will increase further giving the figüre a weird body proportion.

I don't know. I think people are used to the odd proportions of the 14" Vaders with long legs. Watch the movie. You barely ever see Vader's legs as it is. But they don't appear particularly long.

The codpiece up on his belly like that just looks silly to me -- sillier than if he had shorter thighs. I don't care much about Vader's thighs.

Alright I’m gonna get a better look at this tomorrow and try to post some pics. Was able to pull the suit up a bit - raising the chest box. Pull his pants up a bit and lower the belt a tad. Starting to look better. I wish the chest box was the size of the ANH V1 a bit too large for the shrunken Vader, although he is in much better scale. Also worked 30 hrs in the past 2 days so can’t really think straight 🤪

For shoulder pauldrons, the movie shots are similar to promo shots. Pauldrons get under chest armor.

vader 1.jpg

Back