1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this won't be a popular statement, but if you bought the Mark L for $400 expecting them to add more later, you set yourself up for disappointment. No ones fault but your own.

It won’t be a second figure and it won’t be a pick and choose package. They would have to design a bunch of different packaging and it slows final packout/assembly and it doesn’t spread the tooling cost out. These will be included in the figure already announced. Though ordering any figure counting on them adding more stuff later is a bad idea. Happens one out of every 150 figures.

If they are charging extra for all those Green Lantern accessories, I will say it time and again, “Are they out of their Vulcan mind?” I bought the SHF Mark L just to avoid paying $400+ for this bug-looking, melted-in-the-microwave mess...

There is just no way in my mind HT/SSC can justify the price to begin with...

They didn’t announce it for preorder, but there was a press release just like this one. & it was just like this instance where people were unaware whether the set was going to be added to the hulkbuster or sold separately.

There was tease by Sideshow for Veronica but they never released any copy saying it’s coming, like this one. They even give you a time to know when this will be announced(sdcc).

I know this won't be a popular statement, but if you bought the Mark L for $400 expecting them to add more later, you set yourself up for disappointment. No ones fault but your own.

I think you’re missing what I’m talking about. Things have changed since initial release so our expectations can also do the same.

I’m did not order this going in expecting more accessories. I’m talking based on what’s came out at a later time (this morning) after it’s been ordered. They’ve rarely done something like this so I ordered off of what was initially shown in proto pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’re missing what I’m talking about. Things have changed since initial release so our expectations can also do the same.

I’m did not order this going in expecting more accessories. I’m talking based on what’s came out at a later time (this morning) after it’s been ordered. They’ve rarely done something like this so I ordered off of what was initially shown in proto pictures.

I was not singling you or anyone else out. The overall sentiment since the announcement of new accessories has been "we better get more for that same price". And my statement simply says it if you bought the $400 figure with everything that it was listed to have, expecting to get more, than you're setting yourself up for disappointment. But I guess I disagree with your statement about your expectations as a purchaser changing also. You bought it based on what was shown. And if that's not the case, then that's when you have set yourself up for disappointment, in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If these new accessories actually do get released, Mark 50 might be in super high demand and sell out very quickly. People might buy multiples to display the different forms together. Even though the retail price for Mark 50 is high, it is lower than the aftermarket prices that some collectors are paying for the recent diecast releases. Maybe once sold out, this suit might jump to that price level.

I was not singling you or anyone else out. The overall sentiment since the announcement of new accessories has been "we better get more for that same price". And my statement simply says it if you bought the $400 figure with everything that it was listed to have, expecting to get more, than you're setting yourself up for disappointment. But I guess I disagree with your statement about your expectations as a purchaser changing also. You bought it based on what was shown. And if that's not the case, then that's when you have set yourself up for disappointment, in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My fault. The timing of what you said threw me off. I agree 100% with you that the expectation upon ordering shouldn’t be more than what is shown. I actually doubt that has happened much though with most companies requiring NRD for this guy.

Hmm...I may buy 2 just to sell the 2nd one at an outrageous aftermarket price to offset the $400 price tag... :lol

Hmm...I may buy 2 just to sell the 2nd one at an outrageous aftermarket price to offset the $400 price tag... :lol

giphy.gif

There is an IM sucker born every minute- no matter what they release on IM it'll sell out

There is an IM sucker born every minute- no matter what they release on IM it'll sell out

I was a Dark Knight sucker. I got into the HT game about 3 years ago and by then Batman from TDKR and Joker 2.0 had long been sold out. Being a complete newb to the HT game and thinking I would only buy these 2, I willingly paid the $300/$500 price tag for each.

When it's all said and done, I believe the peeps who were staunchly against picking up the $400 Mark L, will regret it and eventually succumb to paying aftermarket. It always happens.

Sounds like a expansion pack to me, I guess we will find out in a day or two. I hope it’s not a separate “deluxe” version after the fact.

I’ll get it, but I hope it’s only because so much was in the movie that they didn’t have time to plan for before preorders went up, vs a new sale model of selling basic high priced figures and charging for extras separate.

Well, if it's

a) extra accessories. Good for me I suppose, but I probably won't use them. (Maybe one day I'll be adventurous and pose my Iron Man figures properly)
b) an extra kit. I won't buy because I wouldn't use it
c) a Deluxe/Exclusive. I won't be getting it because I've already ordered it and paid a (highish) deposit from a national retailer that sells (amongst other stuff) high end popculture, so I don't have to worry about what I'm going to call "Iron Man Tax" from Sideshow or Popcultcha..

This thing cost so much, I want to know what they're adding to the base model ? Forget the expansion pack.

If they do an expansion pack there’s no chance they add more to the release. But, it’s not gonna be an expansion pack I bet

Back