1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the cosbabies may shed some light to the add ons

Very excited and hope they come together with the figure!
3f87885ab488039fbf7f78f1bc838ef3.jpg

b3669d4a7d7dbd51acedca2da0a60c07.jpg

1c2df7f977fbf3c3f461528c93ecb0a0.jpg

b6cd689023080ec01ba007e68983c0f3.jpg

Yeah I’m guessing it’ll come with that “Nano-Cannon” that he uses in New York so the set can be priced as high as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way they word it, it seems like they are rewarding those who (pre)order the figure...by providing this set.....?? I think this would confirm our theories on why it’s so expensive.

Maybe I’m just being ignorant and reading into it like I want to.

I am not even kidding - if hot toys makes the accessories a separate set I am officially out of the game. Not worth the cash if they start doing this.

Yea I won’t spring for extras, they should have been included, and besides I pretty much know I’ll be displaying it like any other Iron Man I’ve had/have, with the RDJ head holding the helmet so extra accessories isn’t a huge draw.

Personally, if we were able to pick the accessories we want when we preorder it would be ok. Most of the accessories i get i dont even take out of the box. (chitauri guns, unmasked vader head and severed wrist, etc). I know some really want that stuff but i dont see many pictures on those threads showing them off.

This figure was insanely priced, it should be included.

When you start paying $500 for a complete figure you know things are getting out of hand lol

Yeah. To think this all started for me when these were 75 to 80 dollars (sideshow star wars) i thought thats not too bad for what you get. Then at 150 i started to feel like, well sure they are more expensive but the quality is better. Even at 165 and 175 i felt that way. 200 is a different threshold for me, for that it better be perfect. Now a lot of figures are in the 240 range and i feel that unless they bring something special, i dont need it. So re-released figures are kind of out, so I'm kind of forced to decide if I'm buying this years captain america, or wait and see what next years looks like?

I dont know how sideshow is going to stay in this game with hot toys with the yoda and captain america figures coming. Its almost like hot toys can simply squeeze out competition by pricing them all out. I think thats why the knockoff market seems so appealing.

The way they word it, it seems like they are rewarding those who (pre)order the figure...by providing this set.....?? I think this would confirm our theories on why it’s so expensive.

Maybe I’m just being ignorant and reading into it like I want to.

That’s what I thought at first but the fact that they’re calling it a “set” suggests it’ll be something separate.

I think the fact that Hot Toys has no true competition is contributing to this. Back then, they had medicom and sideshow to keep them honest but its quality has just surpassed these guys. I know there is a lot of `price whining` on these forums but personally I cannot justify spending this much on a toy anymore no matter how good it looks.

【Hot Toys landing San Diego Comic Con 2018】
Hot Toys is excited to join hands with our official distributor Sideshow Collectibles, to surprise fans and collectors around the world with numerous highly detailed collectibles, this year, at San Diego Comic Con!
Great news to the fans who has committed to the magnificent Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Iron Man collectible figure - the unveil of a special set that is expected to offer a glamorous boost to the cutting edge Iron Man suit!
Moreover, don't miss out the never-before-seen license line-ups and be amazed!

Event Details:
Event Date: July 19 – 22 (Preview Night: July 18)
Venue: San Diego Convention Center
Booth No: #1929 (Sideshow Collectibles)

#SDCC2018 #HotToys #SideshowCollectibles #Collectibles #SixScale #Marvel #Avengers #InfinityWar #IronMan

View attachment 417998

Special set aye?... what could we be getting.. :pray:

Hmmmmm..... special addition for those who already ordered... OR another improved version to be a separate order?

Whatever it is, I bet its going to cost everyone money.

Hot Toys may finally be getting into what we've been calling "expansion packs" -- as they have also hinted at "additional parts" for Luke Jedi (as in Endor helmet for the head that comes apart). Whether it shows up as an entire new figure or literal 'parts' will soon be known.

They said the same about the Hulkbuster 1.0 with Veronica & the jackhammer arm, but they never saw the light of day.

I get all the ''paying for an extra set is not really fair game'', but I'm weak and I know that I'll pay whatever they ask (not really) as soon as they show us the new photos. The original pics were awesome, but kinda ironmanesque-standard. Now they can pose it as it was seen in the movie. That's a huge point for luring new customers.

Hot Toys may finally be getting into what we've been calling "expansion packs" -- as they have also hinted at "additional parts" for Luke Jedi (as in Endor helmet for the head that comes apart). Whether it shows up as an entire new figure or literal 'parts' will soon be known.

I actually don’t mind this. It’s easier on me financially, and gives more display options. I wish June and Rey would have been done this way instead of multiple versions from the same film.

I look forward to seeing the expansion set. But I doubt I’ll get this figure. As far as I’m concerned the mark 6 diecast EX is fine enough for my iron man needs and comes with a butt load of goodies at only $360. Still don’t understand how hot toys skimps on some accessories and jacks prices up?? Unfortunately for me the prices will force me to really buy less which makes me super frugal in my choosing figure I want.

Pretty sure they just got shown and where never actually announced as coming.

They didn’t announce it for preorder, but there was a press release just like this one. & it was just like this instance where people were unaware whether the set was going to be added to the hulkbuster or sold separately.

So consensus is that the $40 jump in this figure compared to MK6:

it’s just the way it is, they are doing it because they can and these accessories are going to be even more?

That’d be so disappointing to me. I must be in denial then. I still am holding out hope that we are getting much more than promised in accessories and either they will include them with our orders or let us pick and choose a “package”

Back